common problem of E34?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Check out my thread on E34 520 vs 525. I wrote down some of the reasons why I chose a 24v over a 12v.

Hope it will help you decide which is best for you.

for me...the E34 is simply the best out of BMWs. Downside?? heavy la....

yah to me i also like the 3 series but like most of the guys ard here need the space....and i think those headlights on the e34 (also e30) are really the best part of the car...its synonym to the beemer....the others are nice (really like them too) but the cover in the front does hide the headlights a lil giving it less of a look

guys if the car has done 400ks....even with good servicing...not so sure abt overhauls .....will u consider?

integramania;199321 said:
guys if the car has done 400ks....even with good servicing...not so sure abt overhauls .....will u consider?

Why not? If worn out parts have been changed, preventive maintenance and scheduled services been carried out... the high mileage can be a bargaining point to lower the price further.:D

Geoffrey, i had a brand new E36 325 regd July 94...and changed it in for used 93 E34 touring in 1997 .Given the choice, based on pure driving pleasure, i think the E36 was smooth , powerful and extremely agile ( stock setup even) in auto form as well.
The E34 is obviously heavier, and "less fast" and less nimble.But it is a smooth highway cruiser,with more space if u have a family.
If you basically are the only person in the car most of the time , go for the E36.
I believe that a "pimped up" E34 like Toms is def quite the looker.
Just buy the most powerful engine option u can afford and u shd be happy with both.
Dont even consider the lower 2liter engines.
If you have the extra monies to spent on pimping yr new ride( like nice wheels , lowered sus, dark windows, new lights nice paint job, my opinion: the E34 is yr choice.It has more presence simply becos its wider and longer.

At such low prices now, its quite exciting to "collect" such cars.

aaron;199419 said:
Geoffrey, i had a brand new E36 325 regd July 94...and changed it in for used 93 E34 touring in 1997 .Given the choice, based on pure driving pleasure, i think the E36 was smooth , powerful and extremely agile ( stock setup even) in auto form as well.
The E34 is obviously heavier, and "less fast" and less nimble.But it is a smooth highway cruiser,with more space if u have a family.
If you basically are the only person in the car most of the time , go for the E36.
I believe that a "pimped up" E34 like Toms is def quite the looker.
Just buy the most powerful engine option u can afford and u shd be happy with both.
Dont even consider the lower 2liter engines.
If you have the extra monies to spent on pimping yr new ride( like nice wheels , lowered sus, dark windows, new lights nice paint job, my opinion: the E34 is yr choice.It has more presence simply becos its wider and longer.

At such low prices now, its quite exciting to "collect" such cars.

Yeah... E34 525 or 528 is the choice ya?

seech;199302 said:

Check out my thread on E34 520 vs 525. I wrote down some of the reasons why I chose a 24v over a 12v.

Hope it will help you decide which is best for you.

got it!!!thanks seech

flash;199327 said:
Why not? If worn out parts have been changed, preventive maintenance and scheduled services been carried out... the high mileage can be a bargaining point to lower the price further.:D

Hi Flash....problem is fella dun really wanna sell the car cheap lor.....how much do you think a 1992 M50B25 would sell at...i mean after all the negotiations?

integramania;200048 said:
Hi Flash....problem is fella dun really wanna sell the car cheap lor.....how much do you think a 1992 M50B25 would sell at...i mean after all the negotiations?

Me not following the market prices of 2nd hand BMWs... very depressing, sob, sob. My SLOTH now only worth RM20k, when I paid almost double that for it 1 1/2 years back. Sob, sob.

Anyway, I would only pay max RM25k for the 1992 M50B25 and that also for a pristine condition.

Thanks guys...tats wat i am also thinking....fella wants 30k at first ...then nego to 27k...still exp...with 400k clocked and also the problem of the whobbly wheel which he claims is the rims....well tat i can find out when the rims are switched

haha...maybe u shud proof him tat whobby wheel is not juz rim's problem so tat can neg more.

yeah but i am still thinking if i wanna get that car...coz not nice ask him proof d then not 100% wanna buy lor.....

anyway if its not the rim problem i dun feel like its worth a buy

haha...if u really like the car,pay him some deposit & ask him to settle the whobby thingy 1st?or u may ask him how he can justify tat was rim's prob?

anyway,if i were u i wont go for tis ride since the fella offered price is not so reasonable for u.

can try tekan a bit mah the price....hehe....interior and engine bay all looks clean and nice.....

Top Bottom