common problem of E34?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
you covered 50,000 kms in 5 yrs! norminally, many on here would have covered that much in just 2 yrs.......hence the maintenance which needs to be in place.

hi guys,
g'day. just to share some info.

symtom -> front shimmy 80~100km/h, hit any bump or hump or rm1 size pothole-front tyre/rims rattle like disengaging & engaging back again, cold engine ok, hot engine rev 0.5~1.1krpm like childhood see-saw

damage -> rm2.4k

driving pleasure -> priceless :65:

The latest car poll in the US top 5 best cars are toyota, honda and others. Bimmers not in the list :(. Ironic for UDM but low score for reliability :( :(

Hi guys.

I'm thinking of getting an e34 myself. How true is it that the latter engines (vanos, non-vanos) have more "electrical issues"? These are the reasons why I'm more inclined to look for a great condition m20b25: simpler engine, simpler ignition, plus my foot is not that heavy anymore so speed is no longer a concern. Comments? Thanks for the inputs.

33lop;324718 said:
Hi guys.

I'm thinking of getting an e34 myself. How true is it that the latter engines (vanos, non-vanos) have more "electrical issues"? These are the reasons why I'm more inclined to look for a great condition m20b25: simpler engine, simpler ignition, plus my foot is not that heavy anymore so speed is no longer a concern. Comments? Thanks for the inputs.

Me watching this thread closely....thinking of E34...M20?...M52? 12v?..24v?..vanos?...non vanos?....:cool:

anakin;324810 said:
Me watching this thread closely....thinking of E34...M20?...M52? 12v?..24v?..vanos?...non vanos?....:cool:

m20 engine already great! simple engine, less electrical issue, yet can pass 200km/h!
good luck..

E34

aaron;199454 said:
There is no E34 528.Just 520 525 535 540(USA) M5

Let's not forget the E34 530i V8, not too popular since the mighty 6-speed 540i is much preferred, though both suffered from U.S Nikasil problems. Making sure of an Alusil lining is a MUST prior to purchasing these V8s (M60B30/40).

Is UK spec 540i available in Malaysia? That's the one to get for E34 and I do understand the $$$ Malaysian roadtax....but the goodside is excellent power/weight ratio and M60s loves the higher quality fuel available in Malaysia. US fuel sucks big time!!!

E34 fans, check out the link below:

http://www.bmw4life.com

Top Bottom