2nd Gear on e34 manual 2.5 12V

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by 535i@Jun 30 2005, 01:36 PM

Bt Caves area ... I will PM his hp no .
Thanks again.

Dah called him. Got map also in MotorTrader.

Cheers
Arms

ok...found this thread which has the same problem with mine. 2nd gear hard to engage and has to be slowly engage for smooth engagement. so does changing to Redline MTF/MTL cure the problem? Any sifu please?

bush changed

525iBoy;38098 said:
Hi Guys,

when my car is cold my 2nd gear is quite hard to engage. Once warm it is much much better but I have to shift slowly (pause of 1 sec) and use a bit of force to get a good smooth shift or the box give a small nudge (not a grind just "klunk"). It's also senstive to the rpms at which I shift .

Shifting to 3rd and 4 and esp 5 much much smoothly and with little pressue on gearknob.

Is this the norm? I did feel this problem was so pronounced in my old e28, but then 5 years may have modified my memories and expectation somewhat.

I suspect its the 2nd gear sychro? If so anyone have experience in how much it is to overhaul?

btw: changed the gear oil and had my linkages adjusted several months ago. - it improved 2nd gear a LOTt I'm still have the same above problem

ey...my e3 as the same problem, but its an old car, so i forgive it for having arthritis...:)

morpheus5039;359294 said:
ok...found this thread which has the same problem with mine. 2nd gear hard to engage and has to be slowly engage for smooth engagement. so does changing to Redline MTF/MTL cure the problem? Any sifu please?

bush changed

btw...according to my father this problem happened when he first bought the new car, till now though.

Flushed my tranny few days ago with Redline MTL, the 2nd gear problem still exists, cannot tuck in too fast, but overall the shifting is much smoother, 2nd gear can shift in faster a bit, without noise :top: , of course if too fast and too hard then "Kreeeeekkkkk!!!" come out and my heart is popping out...

Top Bottom