e34 aircond making weird noise

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

farizq

Club Guest
guys.. anyone experience this weird "whooooop" noise when the compressor kicks in for only a second.its been going on for a while now but only occasionally thats the frustrating part. bila gie workshop, its all good.anyway ive changed the tensioner bearing and tensioner absorbers and checked the aircond belting. on the drive back home it still persist mostly coming into the cabin.tapi biasalah, once open the hood and trying to hear the sound itll never make that noise.any help or suggestion?... can it be the compressor?.. dont want to spend rm1Kplus to change and then it still makes that noise again :help:

farizq;414794 said:
guys.. anyone experience this weird "whooooop" noise when the compressor kicks in for only a second.
its been going on for a while now but only occasionally thats the frustrating part. bila gie workshop, its all good.
anyway ive changed the tensioner bearing and tensioner absorbers and checked the aircond belting.
on the drive back home it still persist mostly coming into the cabin.
tapi biasalah, once open the hood and trying to hear the sound itll never make that noise.

any help or suggestion?... can it be the compressor?.. dont want to spend rm1Kplus to change and then it still makes that noise again :help:

Err....I got it too lar......yrs model apa?? Mine 1996 E34 520i.....For our cars , i think best to find E34 expert.....including aircond.....Haiizz.....now got to get busy to do up the car......

i also have the symtom like the aircon occasionally give wheeeeeeeel sound(like bearing sound?!), when that happen my a/c airflow is damn weak, u can hear the air blowed hard if switch to max but actually u only hear the air blowed hard sound and the wheeeeeeeeeeel sound but poor airflow... :stupid:

But when i bring to a/c shop, my car well behaves :banghead:
so the mechanic in a/c shop cannot do anything.......

morpheus5039;417638 said:
i also have the symtom like the aircon occasionally give wheeeeeeeel sound(like bearing sound?!), when that happen my a/c airflow is damn weak, u can hear the air blowed hard if switch to max but actually u only hear the air blowed hard sound and the wheeeeeeeeeeel sound but poor airflow... :stupid:

But when i bring to a/c shop, my car well behaves :banghead:
so the mechanic in a/c shop cannot do anything.......

finally that happens again and the a/c guy was able to rectify the problem

there are 2 plates inside the a/c which let the outside air in or keep the inside air recirculating. Apparently, the plates will stuck sometimes, so sometimes it wont fully open or fully close, thus affect the air flow, in order to save $$$, he recommand me to juz fix the plates to dead position(so the air always recirculate, outside air wont coming in), anyway.....the air quality in malaysia is so bad that i wont bother letting outside air getting in, juz wind down window occasionally then ok.

after fixing that, i find the a/c air flow got improvement and the previous problem never happen till now.

mine works fine... i shud know coz selalu toggle the recirc on and off for disenffection after smoking.. haha...
thanks fer inputs anyway...

Top Bottom