Overheating E34

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hammer278;561643 said:
Yeah careful with that workshop. Actually after I replaced my fan it stopped working after 3 weeks, and it seemed just the fuse needed to be replaced in the fuse box (no cost) and since then it was all good.

Btw, fandango I know this guy in Subang Jaya who sells parts almost cost price to me as I've been a loyal customer since I got this car. If you need any significant replacements and don't mind a little travel I could refer you to him.

oh yeah, that pesky fuse in the fuse box also kept toasting itself, along with the wires. finally fixed da prob with three industrial strength fuses...man...:stupid: them germans messed this one up for sure.

would greatly appreciate your referral bro, thanks.

Bro, do make sure that u pour the water in the proper way; start the engine, open the radiator cap n loosen the bleeding screw..only then u can pour the water into the radiator until u will be able to see the water or coolant coming out from the bleeding screw..then tighten the bleeding screw before tightening the radiator cap..yr coolant should be adequate for the radiator this way..FYI, bmw raddiators fins are horizontally positioned, so refilling the water or coolant will take some time..this is what my mech told me..correct me if i'm wrong..tq

JFT63;561694 said:
Bro, do make sure that u pour the water in the proper way; start the engine, open the radiator cap n loosen the bleeding screw..only then u can pour the water into the radiator until u will be able to see the water or coolant coming out from the bleeding screw..then tighten the bleeding screw before tightening the radiator cap..yr coolant should be adequate for the radiator this way..FYI, bmw raddiators fins are horizontally positioned, so refilling the water or coolant will take some time..this is what my mech told me..correct me if i'm wrong..tq

same like wat my mech told me!:listen:

Oh no, the car overheating again. Brought it back to the mechanic that changed the fan clutch and radiator fan. He checked and said that the car need top overhaul due to its persistent overheating problems. He estimated cost around RM2-3k with labour and parts. He mentioned gaskets need to be changed and will check for other parts that need replacement. He quoted labour only at RM800. Any cheaper suggestions?

Top Bottom