E30 speaker upgrade

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
hmm more information, mine is still stock, so i guess is still 5.25, may i known what do i expect from a decend set of a two way for the front and rear.

I also have a pair of 10" sub with box,a pair of passive cross over and i am guessing the amp would be 2 channel, as it use to power the whole system, of two 10" sub,a pair of 6x9 rear and front is 6" with tweeter.

would also appreciate some advice should i just hook it back up ie:the sub,amp passive cross over with front 5.25 and rear 5.25.

Thanks for the advice.

Aero;500402 said:
hmm more information, mine is still stock, so i guess is still 5.25, may i known what do i expect from a decend set of a two way for the front and rear.

I also have a pair of 10" sub with box,a pair of passive cross over and i am guessing the amp would be 2 channel, as it use to power the whole system, of two 10" sub,a pair of 6x9 rear and front is 6" with tweeter.

would also appreciate some advice should i just hook it back up ie:the sub,amp passive cross over with front 5.25 and rear 5.25.

Thanks for the advice.

Your existing sub is driving 2 x 10" woofer, 2 x 6x9 speaker, 2 x 6" speaker and 2 x tweeter?

My proposal (w/out detailing the existing equipments):

1. Let the existing amp drive the existing 2 x 10" woofer (in the trunk I believe)
2. throw away 2 x 6x9" speaker
3. get a new 4 channel amp and driver the front 2 x 6" speaker and 2 x tweeter via the existing passive crossover
4. Find your favourite SQL CD and tune your system to the fullest.

The objective of my proposal:

1. Try to minimise cost at the same time try to get the best out of it. (to be frank with you, there is no end to this if you keep on seeking the best)

p/s: I'm assuming you are listening to audio music only, not watching a movie dvd

good luck

My rear has been resized to to acommodate 6"/6.5" speakers...hehe..

Strider: yeah, sounds expensive..will drop by my mech's place today if possible to find out..perhaps it's time to throw in a new gearbox ? lol..

Anyways, any recommendations on 5.25" component speakers? Brand and model? and a decent amp to power it as well?

jumpman;500454 said:
Anyways, any recommendations on 5.25" component speakers? Brand and model? and a decent amp to power it as well?

Speaker:

MB Quart (can't remember the model)
Focal - K2Power 5KP for the 5" speaker and TN52 for the 1" tweeter
DLS

Amp:

Alphine
Rockford Fosgate
DLS

Sorry, those are old model that I can remember off. But I believe any model from the above brand are good. But beware of an imitation products, there are lot out there

Aero;500402 said:

Thanks for the advice.

I'm confused. To confirm my understanding, you're currently on stock set up but you have the following equipment:
> a pair of 10" sub with box
> a pair of passive cross over
> 2 channel amp
> a pair of 6x9 rear
> front is 6" with tweeter

Were these previously installed and since removed from your ride, i.e. now back to stock and you're looking to hook up the above equipment with new 5.25" speakers?

yeah..that's the thing...there's so many imitations hence the many doubts about the originality of the item.Just hope I can find one which suits my budget.

You are very right bro............

1. Try to minimise cost at the same time try to get the best out of it. (to be frank with you, there is no end to this if you keep on seeking the best)

I just completed the set on my E30. The configuration

1. HU - Pioneer with 6 channel output : 1 for sub, 1 for front and 1 for rear
2. Alpine V12 digital Monoblock placed in rear trunk to drive the 12" sub
3. Helix A4 competition amp placed in rear trunk to drive component and coiled speaker
4. MB Quartz 5.25 component spreaker placed at orginal front leg room area
5. Alpine 2 way 6.5 speaker placed at the back of the seat - have to modify the 6X9 spekaer holes
5. Alpine 12" SD dual voice coil sub mounted at the trunk/rear seat metal partition.

Top Bottom