e30 jerk problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

nevets

Club Guest
Gday all Hada slight problem yesterday....found my car jerks/lost power during 45kmh and 75 kmh. other speeds ok hv to tekan pedal to get mvg again. high speeds also ok.its a e30 m20b25 engine...appreciate if any sifu could help before i bring to the mech tomorrow....

chriseunos;213949 said:
bro, just wondering if ur idling is stable? If its not, then its the AFM

Bro idling stable, means the rpm needle doesnt go up n down

taabster;213950 said:
Distributor cap & rotor arm contact may wanna check that too.

Er.. dunno where they are but will ask mechanic to check also...

Thank a lot all who replied.

Bro, what happened to my ride - idling stable but only can last few minutes then it will go nuts. Checked Idling Valve & the host - OK.
My ride starts to jerk when it's idle or the engine is hot (normal temp when the car is running). If I rev up to 3k - 4k RPM or change to higher gear, the jerking will dissapear.
What I finally did, service the AFM - my car now can roar again. No jerking problem. Hot or no hot. Idle or no idle.
Try to do some test while u r driving. You will know.
Good luck.

aRRrgghh;214318 said:
Bro, what happened to my ride - idling stable but only can last few minutes then it will go nuts. Checked Idling Valve & the host - OK.
My ride starts to jerk when it's idle or the engine is hot (normal temp when the car is running). If I rev up to 3k - 4k RPM or change to higher gear, the jerking will dissapear.
What I finally did, service the AFM - my car now can roar again. No jerking problem. Hot or no hot. Idle or no idle.
Try to do some test while u r driving. You will know.
Good luck.

Yalo higher speeds and gear no probs, thx arrgh for the feedback.

usuall problem.. dirty trottle body,sticky tps or worse, spark plug cable koyak.. even spark plugs can cause problems..

how much do they normally charge to do a complete cleaning and performing a tuning for a E30? (meaning cleaning the AFM, ICV, TB and etc)

I plan to send my E30 for cleaning coz i also have a slight jerking problem..

Top Bottom