E30 converted to M50 or M52 How much

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
G

what will be the price of a ready converted e30 to a M50 or M52 engine, I guess that includes that it has been approved by JPJ

Bro, i intend to letgo my M52B28 engine with gearbox, with wirings, ecu, etc...pm me

mizhan;759918 said:
have you checked mudah? there was a couple some months back.
bro, I have been looking at the ads in mudah practically every other day, have not come across any with the M50 engine, SR20, and IJZ got a few, all these have not been legally converted , for some reason. anyway I am not interested with the jap engines. Thanks for your input

bornfree... i read your pm.

how deep are you willing to go ?...these days, the basic costs plus labour is RM16k plus...

I've seen many oldschool euro convert to JAP and with unsatisfied owners. Not too many workshop is able to do the conversion correctly.

There's a case of angry volvo + 1JZ conversion and even towed the car to another workshop. And there's a case of E23 convert to RB engine but unsattisfied with the steering rack.

Even for M50 conversion for E30 is not doable by majority of the workshops.

M50/M52 into E30 has been successfully done by several workshops. pussy knows one, i know another. just bring lots of money.

My fren selling his E30 sedan with M52 heart ......

Fully original Mtec kit and acs 1 rim .....

PM me if u r keen .....

TQ

pussy;760030 said:
bornfree... i read your pm.

how deep are you willing to go ?...these days, the basic costs plus labour is RM16k plus...

wow 16K plus labour ...fuhhhh better buy gold chain larrr ....

will be interesting to know what will 16k give, I think those who want this coversion share the same feelings, first what would a ready made unit cost you, IF i build from scratch, what are the pros and cons

bornfree;760176 said:
will be interesting to know what will 16k give, I think those who want this coversion share the same feelings, first what would a ready made unit cost you, IF i build from scratch, what are the pros and cons

first foremost what is your plan of conversion ?? how much are you willing to spend ..that's the ultimate "Q" one should have

interms of halfy : around RM4~7K all depends again on what route are you gonna take ...going for Auto or manual ..again back to auto ..what sort of autobox are you looking at ZF , GM or jatco ...NO not auto ..then to get a manual M50 is kindda hard ..all depends on luck ...then back again where to find and shall i source it myself or by the workshop ..the pro are workshop should be able to deal better then getting by yourself as if there is damage or what so ever in the engine, they are able to replace it for you ...if it leaves the junkyard then it's all your own guarantee to take care of it ..even if you know the chop shop owner daughter or son...

then again plonking in an e30 ...ayooo how about my firewall ...rust issues ...etc etc ..how much ya the weld work ...cut and paste of panel change as a whole ...

then comes again for anti rust treatment ...ayoo what is the best antirust material in the market ...ayoooo

then comes the suspense ...half cut parts ..how ahhh ..can pakai or not ..then which part need to be replaced need to be determine ...ayoo pening again ..then once it's done you need to strenghten up the chassis and suspensions ..another peningggg ..the just after the test run hitting at 180 km/h ...oppssss the brakes cannot makan lorrrr ..ayoo another peninggg..what brakes larrr to use ...ventilated or none ...or BREMBO's

end of the day how much pening are you willing to take ??

if money is not an issue ..and you're anti pening ...then just drive in your car to any repurtable BMW workshop and they will be able to solve this "Q" for you ...

enjoy ya

Those many questions cannot be answered comprehensively via this or any other internet forums. They can only be addressed via numerous teh tarik sessions with experienced sifus.

Thank you ICEMAN for breaking the Ice, it give us a lead to work around this conversion.

im on the same mission aswell, but i would not simply hands my money without researching, comparing or sourcing it myself (BUDGET is my most concern) , as part of my project and advantage being in other part of the world im now hv become club vendor, supplying parts, my site currently being develop will be online shortly. bornfree pm me if u need help & hope it will benefit members too :)

i dun want to brag, i m the second person to do the M50 swap and twice (second one for more power, heheh)... and i did it well... only reference was a website from US. The first was Sham, a real e30 lover, the car is now driven by e28Driver in the forum.

Till today, i have project manage 4 M50swaps for friends in the club 2 official members, till one done up till Rm100k over....i m going to do one more for a close friend in the forum, he wants 276hp at the engine...

if need help, i will ask if your wallet is deep first, cos i had lots of time wasters...I think Mihzan can confirm to this.

pussy can u pm me, if you dont mind how much labour to make it run? provided ive all the parts. still looking for competent mechanic if im going to m50 route.

pussy;760236 said:
i dun want to brag, i m the second person to do the M50 swap and twice (second one for more power, heheh)... and i did it well... only reference was a website from US. The first was Sham, a real e30 lover, the car is now driven by e28Driver in the forum.

Till today, i have project manage 4 M50swaps for friends in the club 2 official members, till one done up till Rm100k over....i m going to do one more for a close friend in the forum, he wants 276hp at the engine...

if need help, i will ask if your wallet is deep first, cos i had lots of time wasters...I think Mihzan can confirm to this.

Itu sham's car now m50 on steroid....but, i wonder what happen to loneranger?

shaifulo;760240 said:
Itu sham's car now m50 on steroid....but, i wonder what happen to loneranger?

yes, Sham is known as loneranger...the last time he was driving a new mini, he still lurks in the forum...

also, another guru here is ojtee... he's retired from the bmw scene now...he was my sifu...

M.Directspares;760238 said:
pussy can u pm me, if you dont mind how much labour to make it run? provided ive all the parts. still looking for competent mechanic if im going to m50 route.

bornfree has also pm me too... i have not replied to him yet, better you ask me in the forum openly..if not i will be answering too many pm's...

better if you can attend TT just like Mihzan said... easier that way... competent mechanic is a issue here...they will take time, those that has done conversions will ask you if you have all the parts to do it. finding the problematic hard to get ones will take at least 3 to 5months, some more harder to come by.

just like Mihzan said, he and i know who have done it, i know another 2 more. Introducing a mechanic to do the conversion will have problems, if the owner/mechanic relationship is not off to a good start...worst if the mechanic takes his time...also dun throw all the sourcing of parts to him, he will revolt...

tbc'.....

Top Bottom