E28 Breakdown After Hi-Speed

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

johnney

Club Guest
Help Anyone otai..... My E28 problem.... 525i original engine straight 6 . I run 160kmh on hway (kena speedtrap la) the on sudden engine breakdown, then can't start. Have to stay off the road for 1 hour.. then ok. What da problem. Same thing if I go to Genting... half way sure kat tepi jalan. 1. I check the fuel pump ok. Switch on, star all petrol come out n me mandi... la with it... adoi!2. I already change 1 eletronic gadjet near ther washer tank- ok.3. Coil Bosch ok... got api.4. Spark plug Bosch ok new one.5. Radiator not so hot, can open the cap. Got water.What seem to be the problem...?

hi,

probably coil was overheated. been thru that.

let it cool, and ok.

change the coil.

mike

Originally posted by mike3@Nov 7 2005, 02:07 PM
hi,

probably coil was overheated. been thru that.

let it cool, and ok.

change the coil.

mike
Already change new coil coz I bring spare bosch coil, but still can't solve

Johnny,

An engine requires 3 basics things to run 1) fuel/air mixture, 2) spark 3) timing of the former two.

If your car was running fine up to the shut off there is most prob NO mechanical problem. Therefore the problem in one or more of the 3 above things

You said your coil has been changed and may I assume your spark plug AND dist cap and rotor and fine? If so the problem is NOT ignition but most likely a fuel/air mixture thing.

Fuel / air mixture is controlled by 2-3 things on our M20s, 1) airflow meter 2) DME/engine brain 3) O2 sensor which feed items 1& 2 with info.

Have your mechanic clean the airflow meter and or change the DME / airflow/Oz to a good used one. If I had to to place a bet it would be the airflow meter as 02 sensor rarely go kaput and DME are hidden from engine heat while the airlfow is not.

Hope this helps. B)

forgot to add. Chekc the cheap simple stuff first esp.that all the sensor wires running to the airflow DME, O2 sensor are good. - uplug & replug them, after spraying with contact cleaner.

Also check all the littel rubber hoses as they can leak air, Esp the big octopus hoses.

best of luck

dude,also check the wiring harnesses leading to the coil!mine couldnt start 2day and after i meddled and readjusted the wires,my car could start!

Tq Guys, I suspect that is the airflow n o2 sensor problem. Normally on hi pressure that thing can't tahan. Ha ha takpa, I'll post moterm them masuk ICU..... he he.... TQ TQ. C U all at PLUS hiway aka AutoBahn.

Top Bottom