E28 not so smooth

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by sleme@Jun 26 2005, 10:12 PM
IF you need to find a place for wiring, my guy is quite good. He successfully rewired my e28 and upgraded the jetronic management system to a e34 motonic one thus enabling me to re-chip it with a hartge chip.

If you need to do your interior, I can recommend my upholstery guy. Using Mbtexx material, covering dash cost me RM350, re-carpetting, re-roof lining, re-upholster seat with mbtexx plus autotexx equivalent, re-doing rear speaker shelf and re-leathering the streering wheel cost me less than RM2000.... salivating.... let me know if want to see pics..

Happy shark nosing...
hi bro...its me sanjay...me met when u were buying the motronics from naza at tedco...

i will need to do my e34 side trims...converted electric leather seats but the sides not good lah..

then my e23 735 needs a new interior too...

could you pls lemme know where is your guy located...

thx bro

012-2049411

Originally posted by mafia@Jun 26 2005, 11:44 PM
525 is a m20 engine!...e28 only has 520,525 with m20 engines...
528,535 with m30 engines....

never heard of one e28 of having a m30 2.5 engine...anyone??
I'm sorry to say that you are wrong.

E28 525i came with a big six M30 B25 2.5L engine.

The E28 520i came with the M20 B20 baby six 2.0L engine.

The E28 never came from BMW factory with M20 B25 engine for reasons best known only to the factory.

hmmm....thats info to me...thx man...how cum the car i saw ori 525 but with m20 engine...something wrong somewhere???

pls help me clear this...coz plan on buying a e28...wanna knw more..

thx man!

and sorry vincent...my bad...

Wolverine,

Thanks for the detailed info. Really appreciate it. But i'm afraid some info are kinda heavily technical for me as I'm not that savvy. But, I will check on all the details that you have mentioned. Btw, what's the roel of the TDC sensor?

Sleme,

Thanks for the info, especially on the wiring. Would love to see the picts, especially the interior. I must say, all that for < RM2K is not bad at all.

Vincent,

Engine type is as what Wolverine has mentioned.

very strange....i saw 2 more cars today with m20b25 and ori 525i....

cant be 4 cars that i saw is all converts......

anyway....sifu wolverine....come in here lah......stop wolfing around ur garden...i know u got nice garden lights now...u very shiok lepak outside!....

Originally posted by mafia@Jun 27 2005, 11:55 PM

anyway....sifu wolverine....come in here lah......stop wolfing around ur garden...i know u got nice garden lights now...u very shiok lepak outside!....
Sorry brother...been a bit busy...u knowlah.

First of all,it was my typo error in earlier posting bout da engine.
I've edited it.

Yes, E28 525i is M30B25...there is no E28 525i wif M20B25
factory fitted. Unless, it is E28 525E(those eta engines) very rare in Malaysia.How can u tell? Those big six runs on timing chain.
M20 runs on timing belt.

If u've noticed some E28 525i wif M20B25, those engines must hv come
fr E34 12V.And E28 SE is only 4 520i where motronic engine was used late '87 2 early '88.Yes, this engine is a lot smoother.

Hope this helps...

Beemervader,

Drive carefully on the road...dontlah try 2 knock my E34... :D

Regards B)

But watch out for the mossies.... :D

How sure are you that the E28 with M20 engines are in fact B25 2.5L engines? The 2.5L and 2.0L M20 engines look pretty much the same.

If they are in fact B25 engines then they are all converts. Period. Regardless of whatever badges they sported on the boot lids.

ok...cool man.....thx for the update...now i go see that guy and tarok him for telling me its a m20b25 ori!....

people nowadays....cannot pakai lah!

Hi ,

I'm new to this forum. I had bought an e28 a few months back, and as usual doing progressive/repairs of and on.

Now I'm looking forward in doing the upholstery/Interior/ Painting.

Slime, you mentioned in the strings of mail, that you have done some thing on your car (interior )/, is it possible to forward me the pictures of the job done?

Hi Vincent...

I also looked at the restoration in your web. Where is this plasce located? Maybe I can drop by one of these days......

CheerS!!

Suresh....

Originally posted by sbalasundram@Aug 2 2005, 08:40 AM
Hi ,

I'm new to this forum. I had bought an e28 a few months back, and as usual doing progressive/repairs of and on.

Slime, you mentioned in the strings of mail, that you have done some thing on your car (interior )/, is it possible to forward me the pictures of the job done?

Hi Vincent...

I also looked at the restoration in your web. Where is this plasce located? Maybe I can drop by one of these days......

CheerS!!

Suresh....
welcome.....here is the link you are looking for...

http://www.roadfly.com/bmw/gallery/index.p...=23420,1;-59,5;

Originally posted by sbalasundram@Aug 2 2005, 08:40 AM
Hi ,

Hi Vincent...

CheerS!!

Suresh....
Bro,
Which model is yours? Small or big bumper?

Originally posted by sleme@Jun 26 2005, 10:12 PM
IF you need to find a place for wiring, my guy is quite good. He successfully rewired my e28 and upgraded the jetronic management system to a e34 motonic one thus enabling me to re-chip it with a hartge chip.

If you need to do your interior, I can recommend my upholstery guy. Using Mbtexx material, covering dash cost me RM350, re-carpetting, re-roof lining, re-upholster seat with mbtexx plus autotexx equivalent, re-doing rear speaker shelf and re-leathering the streering wheel cost me less than RM2000.... salivating.... let me know if want to see pics..

Happy shark nosing...
Hi Sleme

Pls pm yr pics of yr reupholster job..did not know you could do the dash..can he repair cracked dashboard?

mucho gracias :D :D :D

TQ Bro

Anyone tried superglue-ing cracks from underneath? just asking.. :D :D

Top Bottom