e23 owners..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
M30revivalHow much are you budgeting for the engine overhaul? What exactly will be done/replaced?I know BH spent over RM13k on his overhaul which is about what my E28 is worth ha ha!The M30 in my car could do with an engine overhaul I think, though it looks like I've sorted out the overheating business. Compression is ok but runs extremely rich, bad consumption about 13 mpg.Cheers,E28driver

hi...new around here i'm an owner of the e23 for 2 years now...now much of a problem but it's about time for a major overhaul....any recomendations for a good place with average $$$

Originally posted by maccasel@Dec 20 2004, 01:13 PM hi...new around here i'm an owner of the e23 for 2 years now...now much of a problem but it's about time for a major overhaul....any recomendations for a good place with average $$$
How do u determine if your engine needs overhaul? I figured M30 is darn good engine. Few ways:- check how clean is your spark plug, - if "minyak hitam sudah makan"I'd imagine if your sparkplug is "super clean" and no engine oil top-up is needed, you don't need an overhaul.Well maybe i m a too kedekut one :p ! So i'd save the $$$...my 2 sen...

KL, I see you really are goin the whole nine yards with the door panel. When I last restored my wood, I didn't even take it out from the door :D . I guess I get a bit too scared to remove old stuff as I can be a klutz sometime and might damage it further, but yes we will have to meet up soon to discuss how to repair my scrathed panel.Boon Han, still having problems getting injectors? Alternatively but this will spoil the originality of the car; you can use performance injectors and add on a rising rate fuel regulator to control the excess pressure. Somehow it won't cost as much as buying 6 new ori injectors and you get added pick-up too!Mazin aka whl

Yeah, thought about it but since the car is still running will use it till it konks totally or if I can tumpang my friend to get it from the UK... Latest news.. Sunroof seals cost RM2500?? Bloody nuts...

Originally posted by E28driver@Dec 21 2004, 01:40 AM M30revivalHow much are you budgeting for the engine overhaul? What exactly will be done/replaced?I know BH spent over RM13k on his overhaul which is about what my E28 is worth ha ha!The M30 in my car could do with an engine overhaul I think, though it looks like I've sorted out the overheating business. Compression is ok but runs extremely rich, bad consumption about 13 mpg.Cheers,E28driver
I am currently doing the top overhaul only. I am lucky to have a spare engine top lying around. Need to buy the owner something else for replacement! I just replace all the valve seals and other minor parts and the engine now run well. I left it to the mechanic to do the top overhaul so I don't know how much the cost will be but I definitely would not be doing the same as BH.

Originally posted by whl@Dec 23 2004, 02:36 AM KL, I see you really are goin the whole nine yards with the door panel. When I last restored my wood, I didn't even take it out from the door :D . I guess I get a bit too scared to remove old stuff as I can be a klutz sometime and might damage it further, but yes we will have to meet up soon to discuss how to repair my scrathed panel.Boon Han, still having problems getting injectors? Alternatively but this will spoil the originality of the car; you can use performance injectors and add on a rising rate fuel regulator to control the excess pressure. Somehow it won't cost as much as buying 6 new ori injectors and you get added pick-up too!Mazin aka whl
haha, how are you Mr Wong Hai Lat?Me too. I was initially scared of breaking the clips that hold the wood so I just left it there. When I took out all the tapes later and found the results to be less than desired, I look at the passenger door side and see how easy the wood can be removed. So I redo the driver side with the wood out. I did it through trial and error and to make me feel good when I see the end results. I can show you how to do it next time when we meet again.Here is a close up of the restored wood. The image doesn't do justice to the real one as I took it with my phone camera.

Mr M30revival...Hope to see you for tt after the christmas holidays... I'll definitely get WHL and fomoco to come along too...Cheers..Boon Hanps.. Merry X'mas and Happy New Year to All!!

lemme know if its happening....see yaand merry christmas to all......happy holidaying!....jgn minum manyak manyak!

I was reading this thread & there's yet a running list. So here goes..

1. ccl68 : e23 735i Manual 1983

helloo have u all registered for AD...its just 2 weeks away

2. ez77 : e23 733i Auto 1982
3. Doc : e23 728i Auto 1984

E23 1984 - Love it but continuous problems lately

Hi, I had my e23 since 2001 and i love he car. No major problems till 6 months back. Plugs (no 2, 4 6, esp no 4) always wet. Recently had starting probs and engine dying on me...sometimes refuse to start!!!
RPM needle erratic and goes steady when air con off...any boby there with same problem!!!

need advise. Restored the car (body and interior last year for almost RM 9K!!!

Heeelllllllppppppp!!!!

Anil

Anil Nair said:
Hi, I had my e23 since 2001 and i love he car. No major problems till 6 months back. Plugs (no 2, 4 6, esp no 4) always wet. Recently had starting probs and engine dying on me...sometimes refuse to start!!!
RPM needle erratic and goes steady when air con off...any boby there with same problem!!!

need advise. Restored the car (body and interior last year for almost RM 9K!!!

Heeelllllllppppppp!!!!

Anil

mebbe you should start a new thread seeking advice. from your description, if the plugs kept getting wet with oil, it could mean your piston rings are worn or valve seals going bad. you should have your mechanic take a look at it.

4. whl : e23 732i Manual 1983

4. whl : e23 732i Manual 1983
5. bal3056 : e23 728i Manual 1984

bal3056 said: