Door speaker panels

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by Vanquish@Feb 28 2005, 04:12 PM
Yeah ...

A doting father these days. I need his help though ... kinda need his opinion on the Eton RS series components. Affan .... paging for Affan, Do you kopi ???

VaN.
nope he don kopi , think he onli go for tea....

*cabut*

Yoo hooo, affan, where are you???? Getting ur killer upgrade done up???? :dunno: :yes!:

Originally posted by flash@Mar 1 2005, 09:12 AM
Yoo hooo, affan, where are you???? Getting ur killer upgrade done up???? :dunno: :yes!:
he's there lurkin,lurkin....then bang...killer 'ICE' :D :D :D

anybody kacau me, try to racun me, I give you one soiled diaper delivered to your place and smudged all over your car. hahahaaha

Originally posted by affan66@Mar 1 2005, 10:02 AM
anybody kacau me, try to racun me, I give you one soiled diaper delivered to your place and smudged all over your car. hahahaaha
dun lar like dat....... btw....when u feed them, after a while it comes out....be prepared abe.... :D

Check this door panel speakers out... from an E34... :ph34r:

I like it... and I am interested in doing something like this.... :nyehehe: :yes!:

Click here to read the actual article.

door28.jpg

went through the bimmerforum. Just wondering is the woofer mounted to the door panel or the door frame itself? I could not figure that one out based on the pics.

Originally posted by affan66@Mar 11 2005, 09:01 AM
went through the bimmerforum. Just wondering is the woofer mounted to the door panel or the door frame itself? I could not figure that one out based on the pics.
abe affan...best bet is, the woofer has a template which is mounted onto the door frame itself....but i could be wrong :dunno:

my idea was to build something like this, however the MDF board also extends so that it touches the door frame. So, when you mount the speakers, the screws are screwed onto the MDF board and through the door frame. So, no vibrations and you get good mounting of the speakers as it is not hanging loose to the door panel.

FYI, the above is only an idea and an idea only :p

Originally posted by affan66@Mar 11 2005, 09:17 AM
my idea was to build something like this, however the MDF board also extends so that it touches the door frame. So, when you mount the speakers, the screws are screwed onto the MDF board and through the door frame. So, no vibrations and you get good mounting of the speakers as it is not hanging loose to the door panel.

yealer tuu abe.....nak racun, racun laaaa.....

Or are you secretly already upgrading your ICE????

Shud work, Master. My installer says that it is possible but it's quite tedious work considering the shape of the E36 door panel etc. The design that Magic posted works perfectly for a E34 door. Can even mount a 7 or 8 inch mid unit without much worry.

P/S - Did you discuss your IDEA ONLY with Kho ? Heard that he has done up a few 3ers in the past nicely. See if he can offer you a pricing idea.

Cheers,

affan:
you cant get out of that ICE mod racun, bro! once bitten - forever poisoned! bwahaha!

van, we did an experiment on my prev 318 before. Something like the above with MDF but the whole lower door panel was cut off and I lost my door pockets.

Pros: I can fit a 6.5" or 7" w/o any problems
Cons: The MDF lower portion did not have strong mounting points to the door frame as per ori door panels. Also, the material is not as sturdy as the door panel so I get a cheap sounding door when I close.

Cost: I think abt Rm500 three years ago. Took them a week to do it.

The best is to use MDF and then fiber and leather up. But I still need some door pocket if possible.

sorry guys... the picture and link that i posted are meant for reference only... didn't mean to racun anyone... but if you like the idea and it works for you.. by all means... go for it...

as affan put it... it's an idea and an idea only... nothing more.. nothing less..

:ph34r: :nyehehe: :yes!: :eek:k: :blush:

Top Bottom