Do you turn off your air-cond before you stop/start your car?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
aoch88,

I have to agree with you...smoke lesser...but talk easy..i taught the micro filter will take care of it ? the diffrent between BM and others car is...lets take honda for example...if u smoke inside the car and very fast the car will adapt the smell but for BM diffrent....do u aware ?

I haven't tried it but normally I don't like the air condition on when I'm smoking, lol.

Smoke when she's not around? :p Normally when I drive alone, I'll puff like a chimney.

No way, she can sense the 'aftermath' no air purifier in the market can slip pass her sense of smell. LOL.

Ambi Pur "After Tabacco"? LOL. If not then blame some other friends that smoke inside the car :p

Anthony5785;652280 said:
Then you have to educate your GF...hahha...joking

Haha, I don't smoke in front of her but normally if she gets into the car with tabacco smell, she just open the window for a while :)

my E46 oledi 11 years, never off AC before, just start and broommmmm.......go, original battery lasted more than 6 years, second battery Delkor oledi 5 years and still running. So, my personal opinion, no need to off AC and it will not effect your battery lifespan

I was wondering on this as well, as i have the habit to do so. This is very much informative knowing the fact that it's gonna cost a kab00m to replace the panel.

Thedonbk;656889 said:
I was wondering on this as well, as i have the habit to do so. This is very much informative knowing the fact that it's gonna cost a kab00m to replace the panel.

Nowadays I don't turn off radio/air-cond after listening to all the advice from sifu's here :) Previously on Japanese car and now UDM so totally different concept, haha

Thedonbk;656889 said:

Hello,

I mean, i had been driving a japanese car since i got my liciene the habit bring forward to BM also...i also scared if by such habit will kill the panel very fast and i scared when i heard the "Ting" from the idrive = problem....

I find the aircond automatically reduce to air blower only when my engine starts ! I think all german car engine with computer chips on board have this basic auto system.

aoch88;656942 said:
Nowadays I don't turn off radio/air-cond after listening to all the advice from sifu's here :) Previously on Japanese car and now UDM so totally different concept, haha

I guess this applies for all, basic mechanical wear and tear theory. Just that most of us are very much concern and conservative on our rides. Thus caring it like a baby is our tendency lol!

Anthony5785;656969 said:
Hello,

I mean, i had been driving a japanese car since i got my liciene the habit bring forward to BM also...i also scared if by such habit will kill the panel very fast and i scared when i heard the "Ting" from the idrive = problem....

Trust me, u wouldn't wanna hear that "ting" sound although the sound are pretty sweet. lol! Just everytime when i hear the sound, my mind is like, "ok now what?" hahahaha

sanjeevsuresh;656970 said:
I find the aircond automatically reduce to air blower only when my engine starts ! I think all german car engine with computer chips on board have this basic auto system.

Well said brother sanjeev, regardless of german, if you see from the european way of building cars. The word passionate, perfection, exquisite, been given as the utmost priority. They build cars on customer point of view. Not just campak all, ok done jalan.... hahahaha. They are not that type of builders.lol

Since all the senior and sifus follow this suit by not turning off the ac and radio, I will follow too. Since I,m also quite lazy to do that all this while. At least if break down,many ppl will follow too. Lol"...

I've been leaving the air-cond when I start/stop the car ever since I got my E60, so far so good :) Of course once in a blue moon I will turn it off, wind down the windows and enjoy some Mild 7 Sky Blue. Life is good.

aoch88;652016 said:
Thanks Shiva :) you mean we wind down the window then spray the top part where the windscreen sits when it completely winds up? Anyway I now have another problem. If turning off/on the air cond often is not a good idea, it means I will have to smoke lesser when I'm driving! Lol

Bro .. that squeaky sound came back .. damm.. after a week. Now i lower down my window to few MM while driving . Pening.

Yeah , thats is one of the way to reduce smoking bro ..Dont worry much on the on/off. Just do it whenever u feel like. Sometime u dont use it also , it will rosak bro .

shiva73;668892 said:
Bro .. that squeaky sound came back .. damm.. after a week. Now i lower down my window to few MM while driving . Pening.

Yeah , thats is one of the way to reduce smoking bro ..Dont worry much on the on/off. Just do it whenever u feel like. Sometime u dont use it also , it will rosak bro .

Reduce smoke ?!!....errr..... hard le, last night i chase a Porsche and after that...must smoke to cool down myself...

BTW, if we don't off the aircond, the whole car will smell and when a non smoker come is (my mother) = power nagging, my smoking lesen exclude nagging. ambipure also don't help much, thinking to put charcole or pandan leave for a try. After use, can burnt it for BBQ.

What sound squeaking ? does it come from the door ? if yes, it is because the fraction / geseran (BM) between the door rubber and car frame. I put rubber grease on it....then wala! gone for good.

I know bro .. susah mau reduce , but at least try la.Man u got big guts to cucuk porsh.. salute .

Sometimes , when stuck in jam , i do smoke.. but i will make sure my hand is extended outside. kekeke , and yet after that i will wind down the window to let the fresh air enter.Beside the smell, u will see all the ash is scattered inside.

Yeah bro .. that famous sound from the doors. Where u put the grease..? the same longkang where the window sit izit? doesnt it stick at the top of window when u wind down?

shiva73;668934 said:
I know bro .. susah mau reduce , but at least try la.Man u got big guts to cucuk porsh.. salute .

Sometimes , when stuck in jam , i do smoke.. but i will make sure my hand is extended outside. kekeke , and yet after that i will wind down the window to let the fresh air enter.Beside the smell, u will see all the ash is scattered inside.

Yeah bro .. that famous sound from the doors. Where u put the grease..? the same longkang where the window sit izit? doesnt it stick at the top of window when u wind down?

I rub the grease on the rubber it self, the theory is, the rubber = old women skin and we rub on it to rejuvinate it...hehe
Yours is door or mirror ? when u wind down the window half way and u try to move it front and back and see if got squeaking sound ? sometimes, the cause is from the rubber and car frame and some times cause by the motor it self....i kena both b4

As for the ash, i fully agree, my interior is all black thus...when the tiny tiny ash land on it ....piss off especially after car wash.

15 yrs of driving experience must put to test and porsche is worth it. i think i can win it if in small road like kuantan...i like to drive in such road compare to highway.....

Top Bottom