Disposing used engine oil

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ideoteque85

Club Guest
I was wondering whether there is such regulation in Malaysia that you cannot dispose a used oil just anywhere? Im trying to learn how to DIY the basic servicing things for my ride and I need to know where to dump the oil since I am gonna DIY at home. Thanks

Most mech garage or workshops accept use oils since there will be an oil recycler company that will do rounds collecting used oil from workshops and pays the workshop as well for the used oil if i'm not mistaken.

Used engine oil is one of the scheduled waste under ISO14001, so kalau buang merata-rata is a big no no.

Used engine oil

I would use the used oil to lubricate my bicycle chain, etc.

Do it at Earth Hour time... nobody sees u.. shhhh...................

B33mEr;412337 said:
Most mech garage or workshops accept use oils since there will be an oil recycler company that will do rounds collecting used oil from workshops and pays the workshop as well for the used oil if i'm not mistaken.

That's what I do as well...

pardon my ignorance, but there is alot of imitation engine oil products in the market. any link to the disposed used oil...?

haha earth hour. memang terbaik la. I am trying to depend less on the mechanics as I always question their honesty every time I visit their place.

" imitation engine oil " are are everywhere now. Many use branded engine oil bottles.. very scary!! Some are sold at spareparts shops too!! Cant tell the diff with naked eyes

i asked a couple of my mech before who do they sell the used oil to, they say they are ppl who come by to buy it from them. Supposedly for fuel for burning charcoal and brick.. Not sure how true it is. Then again, technically the oil can be processed again to make bitumen...

Yup it's a big business ... there a used oil storage depot at USJ industrial area :D

Top Bottom