Anyone use Petronas Engine Oil

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Bro - my E46 328i s running on PETRONAS Syntium 5000 0W-40.

I can tell you that its one of the best oils I have ever used... Engine is way much smoother... Yes, its slightly pricey - but I tell you its worth every penny! I change every 10k km... You guys should try it to experience it 4 yourselfs.......

Jerman,
Petronas don't have any 5/10w50 range. How?

Silver,
You ride is on newer engine right? M54?

Guys,

Maybe you want to give this a try. According to Petronas Mesra's website "Oil Recommender", for BMW with engine criteria of Older engine (5 years and above), it recommends me to use

1st choice : Synthium 1000 (15w50)
2nd choice : Synthium 800 (15w50)
3rd choice : Mach 5 (20w50)

Thats why I started this thread. Should I stay using my current oil viscosity of 5w40 or should I switch to Xw50.

I like the feel of the 5w40 but I've only traveled 4000 km (it's garaged most of the time) and about 1 week ago I had to topup. Maybe it's because the oil is still at the bottom of the engine?

Now, it's already 6 months since last oil change and so it's due. To 5w40 or to Xw50? What Petronas oil to use? Thanks.

Crymson;275735 said:
Jerman,
Petronas don't have any 5/10w50 range. How?

Silver,
You ride is on newer engine right? M54?

Guys,

Maybe you want to give this a try. According to Petronas Mesra's website "Oil Recommender", for BMW with engine criteria of Older engine (5 years and above), it recommends me to use

1st choice : Synthium 1000 (15w50)
2nd choice : Synthium 800 (15w50)
3rd choice : Mach 5 (20w50)

Thats why I started this thread. Should I stay using my current oil viscosity of 5w40 or should I switch to Xw50.

I like the feel of the 5w40 but I've only traveled 4000 km (it's garaged most of the time) and about 1 week ago I had to topup. Maybe it's because the oil is still at the bottom of the engine?

Now, it's already 6 months since last oil change and so it's due. To 5w40 or to Xw50? What Petronas oil to use? Thanks.

So its quite true afterall what most of the guys had been saying. Cars with older and higher mileage engines should use thicker engine oils unless they dont mind topping up the oil once in a while. Using Mobil1 Supersyn(5W-50) and Shell Helix Ultra(15W-50). Both fully synthetic and I dont even have to top up any oil at all for the next 8-9k km. Probably the thinner oil(0W-40,etc)will be burn up more easily or even seap through the older engine seals. Now almost the same dilemma as you, thinking whether to stick to thicker oil or try thinner oil for better mileage and response. Hehe

Top Bottom