Default mode is ECO ?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

sh_Callum

Club Guest
Hello brothers, need some help here. My 320i currently is set to ECO mode whenever I start the car. I had tried to TICK OFF the ECO selection but still doesn't help. So, whenever I starts the car, I have to lit ON the ECO OFF mode. Any suggestions ? Thank you in advance.

Comrades, guess I was confused with the terminology. My main problem is the Starts/Stop instead of Comfort. The car was pre-programmed to enable Start/Stop whenever you start the car. I had called up the service center, they said they can pre-program it to be disable. However, I have not confirm with them whether can we enable it by pressing the button ? That is to say, swap the "logic state" in electronic technical term. I am not in favor of this start/stop as there is a lag when the traffic light turns green. Moreover, the engine will experience more frequent of ignition which will not doing good for the engine and thus the battery.

I guessed that you were referring to the default for Start/Stop instead of Eco Mode. The default for Start/Stop is ON.

If you search in this forum, you will find many discussions on this and you will discover that BMW offers an on-request option for the car to be reprogrammed such that the default for Start/Stop to "Last Setting" i.e. It remembers the last setting. If it was OFF it will stay off and if it was last On, it will stay on.

This reprogramming has to be done by the SC. If you request for the reprogramming, the SC will send a request for authorization in the form of a code from BMW. When they have the code, they will call you in for the reprogramming.

I and many other have done it because we find the Start/Stop function annoying for 4 cylinder engine because of the sudden jerk.

Saat,

I asked for a reprogram to deactivate the start/stop function... but SC says it needs to be charge for a sum of RM180..
Does anyone get it fro free?

Gunso, does your car is still under BSRI scheme ? I have not done mine yet as I am still in overseas, will do it next month.

Gunso7889 said:
Saat,

I asked for a reprogram to deactivate the start/stop function... but SC says it needs to be charge for a sum of RM180..
Does anyone get it fro free?
I did it when I purchased the car so I got it FOC.

The dislike of start/stop is quite surprising as I like it a lot! Have even found myself willing the engine to kick out at traffic lights sometimes when it doesn't.

The savings to fuel is much better compared to cars without the function. The 328 does about 7.5 km/l compared to the Golf R which I can only manage a paltry 6.0 km/l.

You are lucky. Some SC will scare you away by saying that reprogram will cause malfunction on the idrive. I had leave it after heard that.

Well, you need to build a good relationship with your SA, it makes your life much easier.

It seems that to reprogram the newer cars, there is no need for authorization code from Germany and send the car in for a WHOLE day for "reprogramming".

All it took was 30 secs with ENET Adapter and a laptop.

Top Bottom