Curiosity Kills The Cat

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ArrioBMW

Club Guest
YO all bros out there,Just wondering how many of you WASH your UDM on weekly basis? What about Wax & Polish? As most of us realised by now the danger of those cheap "Bangla" wash, Koisk Wash.. or daily Indian uncle washing your car 3 times/week with 2 tongs of water (wow...more superb than ONR lol :top: ... 2 tongs to wash many cars)... or even some established car wash companies located in car park of malls.. do you still send to them?Know what bro,.. for the first time I washed my UDM last nite with the help of my son :rock: I timed myself..it took me 30 mins using ONR. Then used the more concentrated ONR to form a waxing coating. All in took me 35 mins... Kinda fun but not sure how long it would last... The smootheness not as good as proper waxed surfaces. Still need to get a spray-on wax (easy mah).. but was told tak ada stock. Was so tempting to get Meguiar's Quick Wax..Please share your experience..

Arrio! once u sign up as official member, better feedback for your query assured! :wink:

astroboy;535780 said:
Arrio! once u sign up as official member, better feedback for your query assured! :wink:
Later tonite check with you lah bro.... so it works like this one meh :)

Arrio,

I used to go to BHP for the RM3 washweekly (no vacuum clean), pump RM20 of petrol and get another RM1 discount. After I got ONR, I do it almost weekly taking about 1 hours for 2 cars.
I got TurtleWax Synthetic Polish/Wax (regretted a bit, expensive), every easy to use but I think it does not last that long. Cannot really compare as I have hardly done any waxing all my life. But this stuff is easy to apply, just wipe on, wipe off, including the rubber trims and all (I like how the black rubber trims looks so good after).
I think, perhaps you should try Meguair's Nxt 2.0 TechWax (wanted to get that initially) or Optimum Car Wax.

ArrioBMW;535784 said:
Later tonite check with you lah bro.... so it works like this one meh :)

No la. Just tarik your leg a little.. for the benefit of our beloved club, mutual support necessary to ensure survival of club to continue to service u.. :p

Many detailing sifu around and your knowledge is much better than mine, my E90 is only nice from far.. :p

IanDaddy;535786 said:
Arrio,

I used to go to BHP for the RM3 washweekly (no vacuum clean), pump RM20 of petrol and get another RM1 discount. After I got ONR, I do it almost weekly taking about 1 hours for 2 cars.
I got TurtleWax Synthetic Polish/Wax (regretted a bit, expensive), every easy to use but I think it does not last that long. Cannot really compare as I have hardly done any waxing all my life. But this stuff is easy to apply, just wipe on, wipe off, including the rubber trims and all (I like how the black rubber trims looks so good after).
I think, perhaps you should try Meguair's Nxt 2.0 TechWax (wanted to get that initially) or Optimum Car Wax.

RM3 for a car wash! Cant imagine how harsh those shampoo on your UDM bro.. Near my place, Kayu Ara BHP offers the same too.. Automatic car wash is absolutely a no-no. Believe do more harm and no any good at all :cool: I am a lazy bugger.. first time washing using ONR, quite OK though. NXT 2.0, easy to apply? Maybe should think of using Optimum but habis stock lah..susah saje, body tak licin :)

astroboy;535788 said:
No la. Just tarik your leg a little.. for the benefit of our beloved club, mutual support necessary to ensure survival of club to continue to service u.. :p

walamak bro... tarik kaki OK, not the 3rd leg hahahahaha... bahaya tu. Service me, aiyoyo...hahaha..Tau lah aku, BMWCM bukan macam tu punya...

Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Wax (UQW) is a good alternative to the Optimum Car Wax (OCW), both are spray type of waxes except that OCW boast up to 5 months of protection (which I'm currently testing) . There's nothing much to differentiate them and both are produced by reputable companies.

You wont be able to feel major improvement in the smoothness nor see major improvement in the gloss of the surface with waxing alone as around 90% of it would come from what we call 'surface preparation' (clean, clay, polish, etc) before the waxing steps. Also, waxes/sealant last longer if applied on a clean and fresh surface.

And about ONR, what it contained (amongst others) is just something that can be termed as 'gloss/protection enhancing agent', of which, on it's own, is not a 'true' wax/protection.

To truly appreciate how a well detailed car would feel or look, you'd need to send it to a reputable detailer for a full detail and, believe me, it would look and feel better than a new car coming out of the dealership (not to mention far easier to wash/ONR).

Back to washing, I've been washing my own car(s) for quite a numbers of years now and I do feel that it's by far quite therapeutic. For me it relieves a lot of work-related stress and a good excuse to have some good quality time with the kids under the shade with lots of water :3::3::3:

And if I don't have the time to wash my car(s), I'd rather let it be and wash it when I have the time then sending it to those 'under the tree' car *wash*.

Regards.

Replies in RED...

KrisMas;535796 said:
Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Wax (UQW) is a good alternative to the Optimum Car Wax (OCW), both are spray type of waxes except that OCW boast up to 5 months of protection (which I'm currently testing) . There's nothing much to differentiate them and both are produced by reputable companies.

Looks like it's much better for me quietly waiting for the arrival of new stock..Optimum. Thanks for your input

You wont be able to feel major improvement in the smoothness nor see major improvement in the gloss of the surface with waxing alone as around 90% of it would come from what we call 'surface preparation' (clean, clay, polish, etc) before the waxing steps. Also, waxes/sealant last longer if applied on a clean and fresh surface.

Agreed with you bro..:)

And about ONR, what it contained (amongst others) is just something that can be termed as 'gloss/protection enhancing agent', of which, on it's own, is not a 'true' wax/protection.

Very true, it's not a 'true' wax/protection

To truly appreciate how a well detailed car would feel or look, you'd need to send it to a reputable detailer for a full detail and, believe me, it would look and feel better than a new car coming out of the dealership (not to mention far easier to wash/ONR).

Back to washing, I've been washing my own car(s) for quite a numbers of years now and I do feel that it's by far quite therapeutic. For me it relieves a lot of work-related stress and a good excuse to have some good quality time with the kids under the shade with lots of water :3::3::3:

Yeap, supposed to be lots of fun with children..but know what my son asked me "dad, what do mean by don't need to hose down or rinse?" I laughed.. I said this is a new tech.. wash with 1/2 pail of water only...He startled!...

And if I don't have the time to wash my car(s), I'd rather let it be and wash it when I have the time then sending it to those 'under the tree' car *wash*. betul betul....

Regards.

I used to wash my ride like 4 times a week but now am i wash the ride once a week :D In between i just use ONR, spray and wipe hehehe .... Thanks to bro KC and Seech for introducing me to ONR very easy to use and very effective :D
My favorite wax so far is been SONAX hard wax extreme .. cheap and last at least 2 month for everyday use :D

B33mEr;535820My favorite wax so far is been SONAX hard wax extreme .. cheap and last at least 2 month for everyday use :D[/QUOTE said:
i got myself the NXT 2.0 and same time the M16 ....tried both but felt that the M16 is much more durable ..

Every other day: Wash with Meg's Gold Class Shampoo with 2 bucket system, grit guard and microfibre wash mitt. Concentration depends on how much dirt the car has. Car is under sun, moon, soot, rain and smog in the middle of a city all day/night. Wheels cleaned with diluted car shampoo in a spray bottle and brushes.

After each wash: Spray Wax - Mother's Reflections or Megs Ultimate Quikwax after each wash, sometimes followed up with UQD.

Every fortnight: Paste/Liquid Wax - Mother's Reflections or Megs NXT 2.0 followed by Mother's Top Coat.

Every 6 months: Claying followed by M21 Synthetic Sealant.

Interior: Wiped down after each wash. Treated with Meg's Natural Shine weekly. Leather seats treated with cleaner and conditioner(3M, Meg's or Mothers)once a month. Hermes Baume Renovante applied every six months.

Phew....

Personal Opinions:
1. M21 Synthetic Sealant provides a much better result on my paint(Galaxy Grey) as NXT 2.0 tends to streak.
2. Meg's is more expensive but works better. Mother's is also very good - especially when you consider you are paying a lot less.
3. Have stopped paying for wheel cleaners as they are very very abrasive. The wrong stuff on wheels that have lost their top coat will make the paint bubble! Washing often enough with car wash solution is plenty enough in terms of 'cleanability'.

B33mEr;535820 said:
My favorite wax so far is been SONAX hard wax extreme .. cheap and last at least 2 month for everyday use :D
SONAX.. hard wax, need to buff thingy? A bit leceh, high tendency becoming lazy lor...

ICEMAN 13;535823 said:
i got myself the NXT 2.0 and same time the M16 ....tried both but felt that the M16 is much more durable ..
M16? Belongs to Meguiar's? Where can get those?

Ennui78;535844 said:
After each wash: Spray Wax - Mother's Reflections or Megs Ultimate Quikwax after each wash, sometimes followed up with UQD.
Every fortnight: Paste/Liquid Wax - Mother's Reflections or Megs NXT 2.0 followed by Mother's Top Coat.
Every 6 months: Claying followed by M21 Synthetic Sealant.
Interior: Wiped down after each wash. Treated with Meg's Natural Shine weekly. Leather seats treated with cleaner and conditioner(3M, Meg's or Mothers)once a month. Hermes Baume Renovante applied every six months.

Phew....

Personal Opinions:
1. M21 Synthetic Sealant provides a much better result on my paint(Galaxy Grey) as NXT 2.0 tends to streak.
2. Meg's is more expensive but works better. Mother's is also very good - especially when you consider you are paying a lot less.
3. Have stopped paying for wheel cleaners as they are very very abrasive. The wrong stuff on wheels that have lost their top coat will make the paint bubble! Washing often enough with car wash solution is plenty enough in terms of 'cleanability'.

Salute you man! Looks like you are another fan of Meguiar's... You guys really love your UDM.. Thanks for you input.. Begin to understand more about detailing and how much an individual will spend in detailing their UDM. "spend" not equi to money but time investment. Pheeew.... Everything nak senang, spray spray mana boleh kan, kena lah berpeluh gosok wax atau polish eh...:rock:

As KC once said to me....... about spray on stuff. There are no miracles involved.....easy to apply will usually equate easy to remove. Basically, the stuff that sprays on and buffs off with ease also doesn't last terribly long.

Ennui78;535906 said:
As KC once said to me....... about spray on stuff. There are no miracles involved.....easy to apply will usually equate easy to remove. Basically, the stuff that sprays on and buffs off with ease also doesn't last terribly long.
Well, I agree to a certain extent... However, look at nano technology, nano silver coating.. they are in spray form to remove odours, kill viruses, forming an invisible filter which require UV to work along.. actually it forms a nano thin film which is hard enough to withstand cleaning, sunlight and etc...

ArrioBMW;535901 said:
SONAX.. hard wax, need to buff thingy? A bit leceh, high tendency becoming lazy lor...

A bit leceh and lazy??? That's the last word i thought that would come out from you lol :thefinger: Fit guy like you shouldn't be a problem lerrrr :p

B33mEr;535918 said:
A bit leceh and lazy??? That's the last word i thought that would come out from you lol :thefinger: Fit guy like you shouldn't be a problem lerrrr :p
Hahaha... no matter how fit a person, it's about interest... if everyday playing different hole of 'GOLF', that would be fun, fitter the better then LOL :top:

So will you be at KAYU tonite bro?

Ennui78;535906 said:
I beg to differ on this matter.

Technology of the sealant/wax had progressed a long way and there are quite a few spray sealants/waxes available that are quite durable. I've tried Zaino Clear Seal, Optimum Opti Seal, Optimum Car Wax, Ultima Paint Guard Plus and Enviro Shield. These are the very easy Wipe-On-Walk-Away (WOWA) products and their performance can rival the 'traditional' sealants/waxes.

And, on top of that, there are coatings by Optimum, G'zox, Nanolex, GTechniq, Aquartz to name a few that are quite easy to apply (to a seasoned detailer that is, not to the laymen) with protection that can rival the toughest clear coat. Although their prices are still beyond the 'normal' enthusiasts but it seems like the trend is going that way.

Regards,

ArrioBMW;535922 said:
Hahaha... no matter how fit a person, it's about interest... if everyday playing different hole of 'GOLF', that would be fun, fitter the better then LOL :top:

So will you be at KAYU tonite bro?

Hahahaha ... I would love to play different hole everyday then i'll be fit till old age like hugh heffner lol :rock:

Don't think i can make it for tonite gathering at kayu ... huhuhu

Top Bottom