Cure RFT Punctured

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

echoesian

Club Guest
One of my tyre has punctured and I did the hole fix but every month I will heard the indicator pressure low and would need to refill air into it. While this is not happen to the rest of my tyres.

Anyone where to fix the hole tightly so that I won't need to go to petrol station every month to pump air.

echoesian said:
One of my tyre has punctured and I did the hole fix but every month I will heard the indicator pressure low and would need to refill air into it. While this is not happen to the rest of my tyres.

Anyone where to fix the hole tightly so that I won't need to go to petrol station every month to pump air.
I may be wrong....but I believe the RFT usually isn't designed to be patched up. Not multiple times, at least.

You can patch up a couple times, but after that you gotta change tyres bro, I'm afraid.

Cheers

I suspect your air intake valve could be the culprit. Could u put some drops of water on this valve and see if it pops-out the water. Air cud be going out thru there.my 2 cents.

Before anything else check the tire pressure and any obvious puncture. Inflate if necessary. Reset the FTM, if this has not been done earlier. If the FTM give another warning, take it to a shop and let the shop check for leaks. The shop would be in the best position to check for leaks.

I have fixed puncture on my RFT tires with plug repairs many times without any issues. 6 cars 11 years use of RFT.

What do you mean by plus repair? Is it something g different from the usual patch repair where they insert a rubber inot the hole?

i have gone thru 2 types of puncture repair:
1. the normal rubber into the hole patch-up. tyre still mounted. quick n easy job.
2. sealing the puncture from the inside. tyre will be dismounted from the rim. patch-up work is done on the inside of the tyre where the hole is with somekind of patching material. some say this is the proper way of patching up a tyre.

echoesian said:
What do you mean by plus repair? Is it something g different from the usual patch repair where they insert a rubber inot the hole?
PLUG (not plus) repair. It means repairing the puncture with a rubber plug without having to remove the tire from the rim. This is the most common type of repair for small punctures.

As opposed to patch repair which involve patching the puncture with a 3"x3" rubber patch glued on the inner wall of the tire thus necessitating removal of the tire from the rim.

Forgot to mention that on one occasion I even had 2 plug repairs done to the same tire.

I have run the repaired tires till the end of their useful life with no issues at all.

Top Bottom