Tyre Pressure Loss !

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Yes, life is really should be simple but some are chasing perfection. 240kpa means 240kpa.. not 245kpa, not 235kpa.. :D :D

Had a tire puncture sign appearing this morning while sending my kids to school. Thank God for RFTs that I didn't have to stop and delay. Got it repaired at Lim Tayar @ TTDI later on at RM35 plus tax. Internal patching work was done and was out within 30 mins.

Here's the picture. Large screw.... size of my little finger.

Very hard to comvert to non-RFT when you've experienced a puncture on the road huh? :)

Every single one of my cars has had at least one puncture. Some have had more than one. It happens often on our terrible roads.

MSport, that screw is still embedded and the leak is really slow. You should fill up the tyre, reset the RFT alarm and see it takes how many days for the RFT alarm to lit again.. :D

If that's a non RFT, I reckon it can still be driven without damaging the tyre with the screw still embedded and the deflation didn't entirely emptied the air.

Front or rear wheel? If front, better be extra careful when hitting 240kph.. pretty risky as your patched tyre now has a weak point. If its rear, still got chance to catch the car should the tyre give way..

Schwepps;493752 said:
Bimmerdude, when you talk tyres, you need to give the whole size description. So yours are 225/ ? /17 and 255/ ? /17. What are the aspect ratios? (the middle no) Different sizes need different pressures of course.

You'll need to look at your own B-pillar for your particular sizes, but offhand I think 32/36psi would be fine.

ok I checked my B pillar, and it shows 2.0 front and 2.3 rear. Isnt that a little low? (based on light loads)
tires are 225/45/17 front and 255/40/17 rear. RFTs.

thanks Prof

MSport, I had a similar puncture and was repaired at Lim Tayar too. First they drilled a small hole on the puncture.:eek: Then they use a "tulip" plug that plug and patch in one and claimed this is the latest technology....

bimmerdude;498857 said:
ok I checked my B pillar, and it shows 2.0 front and 2.3 rear. Isnt that a little low? (based on light loads) tires are 225/45/17 front and 255/40/17 rear. RFTs.

thanks Prof

Yes, that does seem low. Those are typical non-RFT pressures. No idea mate. :confused:

astroboy;498732 said:
MSport, that screw is still embedded and the leak is really slow. You should fill up the tyre, reset the RFT alarm and see it takes how many days for the RFT alarm to lit again.. :D

If that's a non RFT, I reckon it can still be driven without damaging the tyre with the screw still embedded and the deflation didn't entirely emptied the air.

Front or rear wheel? If front, better be extra careful when hitting 240kph.. pretty risky as your patched tyre now has a weak point. If its rear, still got chance to catch the car should the tyre give way..

Yup, I tried that the previous time cause didn't have time to go and repair. It lasted like 5-6 days before the RFT alarm came on again. :top:

The deflation caused about 50psi loss and hence, the RFT alarm came on. It's the left rear wheel.

Top Bottom