Conversion of 323i to 325i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
definitely possible. i think just a reflash of 325i software will give u nearly, not all but nearly 218 hp as with the 325i. but they talk of 323 having non-3 stage manifold and and extra catcon, how is yours?

it can be done!

be it a e90 or e46 323 to 325 or even the diesels powered models like 318d to 320d, 530d to 535d. its just a software remap to a more aggresive tune. the cars are all built the same. its only the software that's be detuned to reduce the power for pricing and tax purposed.

remapping with a BMW factory map is a cheap and worthy step. the next step would be to spen some money on a after market remap like those from ESS, Hiop or superchip, that would give you another 15% from the already upgraded map.

AlexNg;298071 said:
definitely possible. i think just a reflash of 325i software will give u nearly, not all but nearly 218 hp as with the 325i. but they talk of 323 having non-3 stage manifold and and extra catcon, how is yours?

I checked with Energy who's also got the 190 bhp N52 engine. He did his own checking that we have the 3-stage intake, so the conversion from that thread should be as easy as reported. Also, the catcon is exactly the same as E90 325i i.e. same part numbers and specs.

It'll also be nice to see the 323i rev meter rev deep into its redline with the ECU remap hehe. Quite an ego boost for sure :)

E46Fanatic;298099 said:
It'll also be nice to see the 323i rev meter rev deep into its redline with the ECU remap hehe. Quite an ego boost for sure :)

That's exactly what happened with the e90post forummer who did the conversion! So how? Should I do it?

Not only should you do it, but take up the distributor rights for the update, and target 523i owners hehe. Then retire rich and happy. Wait.. you're already retired, and rich and happy. Nvm scrap the idea, where to get the flash arr?

i'd say do it. there is no possible bad side to it. u get back the original tune meant for that engine. AB won't even notice. hehe... go get it done, but pls do a dyno ya! BRAGGIN' RIGHTS!!! hehe...

Go for it Juan. I'm thinking to do ECU remap at Obermaier for my 325i too. You should do it for yours too. And get the distributorship too. If you dowan, I want!

I think its possible to re-flash the ECU with the GT1.

Worth checking out, especially considering what happened in the last drive to Ulu Yam :p

bro DY, 325i remap to what? 328 can ah?

then my lil humble 4 potter 320i can remap also ma? void warranty?

The remap by Obermaier on Hiop will give you an increase of 10bhp and 10NM torque. Price is RM 2,800. That will be for 325i ecu remap. Some of our members did it already.

David Yong;298134 said:
Go for it Juan. I'm thinking to do ECU remap at Obermaier for my 325i too. You should do it for yours too. And get the distributorship too. If you dowan, I want!

Hehehe... That's exactly what the Canadian "guinea pig" did too and he has dyno-ed to prove it. I've asked Albundy to do some tech checking for me and he should be reporting his findings here soon. I'm thinking of doing it at Obermaier too since we know Freddy and he has the right tools, the GP1 apparently.

David Yong;298144 said:
The remap by Obermaier on Hiop will give you an increase of 10bhp and 10NM torque. Price is RM 2,800. That will be for 325i ecu remap. Some of our members did it already.

10bhp and10NM increase is considered very minimal.

i am thinking of getting the Hartge ECU conversion but dunno if 325i upgrade is available coz i cant seem to find the ECU program conversion from the Hatrge website. mostly for the diesel and the gains are like 50-100bhp!!!:eek:

50bhp? wow... that would make the RM3k spent worthwhile.

no idea bout poor 320i huh...

Spaceman;298474 said:
10bhp and10NM increase is considered very minimal.

i am thinking of getting the Hartge ECU conversion but dunno if 325i upgrade is available coz i cant seem to find the ECU program conversion from the Hatrge website. mostly for the diesel and the gains are like 50-100bhp!!!:eek:

Don't think hartge does it for the 325...and for an na engine, don't expect much

Top Bottom