Checking Tyre Pressure

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
astroboy;443300 said:
These figures were taken back in March09, I wonder how's his tyre wear with those aggressive rear camber.. :eek:

Again, as I mentioned earlier, these are only recommended settings but individual drive style may demand personalized settings to ensure equal tyre wear.

AB, the things I do for you. I went down to the basement car park after reading this post and snapped this pic just for you.

Its the pic of the rear right tyre taken from under the rear bumper area

Photo392.jpg

TQ! TQ! :D This will benefit all la.. I am the one instigate only, for the benefit of all.. :p

Wah! tyre wear very even le! :top:

You should memories those alignment settings man! Personalised for u or should I say u fit the 325i's driver profile! :D

No wrinkles on E46F's tyre, so he's an uncle too? :eek:

Actually Rachel, wrinkles on the inside means underinflated tyres. Google it and see. :wink:

But if Astro has wrinkles on his outside thread it means something else - never put moisturizer...or his car has AH1N1...

Schwepps;443343 said:
No wrinkles on E46F's tyre, so he's an uncle too? :eek:

Bro, E46F is not an uncle la.... He's the fastest driver amongst most of the E90s now.

'Course I know dat bro! :) There's no such thing as wrinkles on the thread. Feathering yes, wrinkles no. Feathering is an alignment problem. Internal wrinkling is an underinflation problem.

BlackE90;443346 said:
Bro, E46F is not an uncle la.... He's the fastest driver amongst most of the E90s now.

Don't forget to take his time in this coming Sepang meet.. :wink: and see who is the uncle of all.. :p

astroboy;443350 said:
Don't forget to take his time in this coming Sepang meet.. :wink: and see who is the uncle of all.. :p

I'll be the time keeper for this coming Monday's track event.
Uncle Schwepps you wanna come along to witness all the E90s?

You all do 3 laps I do 1...what for? :)

Sorry but I have commitments on Monday, bro.

The uncle at MPS used the word "wrinkles". Yes my tyres r under- inflated which the idrive couldn't pick up le....
anyway i have changed all 4 legs to something more soft and feminine for a lady driver ;p

E46, Blacke90: sorry also. this monday i cannot go.

racheltoh;442647 said:
I let the doctor fix my baby...He will be admitted to hospital *MPS AUTO* this Wed..etquah & ben...let me know if u r coming too this Wed..around noon. We eat lunch together..

Schwepps: basically what Manji told me is that i didnt check my tyre pressure regularly, thus cause the alignment to run. Then with my bad driving skill, ie: braking unnecessary ??made it worst. Anyway with this hot topic being discussed, i choose to let it fixed before changing the tyres 3 months later lo... And naively, Manji told me my front and back tyres are not of the same size :eek: boohoohoo.."i said, the bmw ppl (referring to forum) say ar...can rotate one wor" **so malu**

oops! jus read your post this morning. Next time perhaps. Need to do my rotating at 10k km. Now at 6.7k km already. next 1 1/2 mths time.

racheltoh;443226 said:
My car is in MPS auto now. They took out the tyres ..

See..so rusty
Image115.jpg

Then the front tyres ...aged badly. See the wrinkles..
Image125.jpg

Image126.jpg

Luckily the rims still ok.

Decided to change new legs. So going for Non-RFT.
Climenta: that's the reason for the "burn"

Rachel, let me how your new "legs" feel ? What type of "legs" are you using ?

Slept late at around 4am, but hearing door knock from my children at 8am, wanting to tell me something important!

After opened my bedroom door, and what I heard from them, wasn't good news.

"Dad! There's a big screw on your left rear tyre!"

:eek:

Walked to my porch like a zombie.. saw the screw stuck there. Took out my trusty cutting plier to remove the screw. Its slightly over 1cm, fully embeded.. :eek: No gushing of air after the remove.. a little relief but still a tiny weeny bit worry. Possibly fully deflated but no RFT alert, so not that worry.

Took out my wash bucket, gave her a good wash.. enjoyed a healthy home cook western breakfast, then leave for Tmn Tun morning market to get our weekly supplies to fill our fridge.

On the way back, finally decided to drop by Tmn Tun Shell to check my tyre pressure (2nd time pump air myself since owning the car for past 20 months). Checked the B-Pillar label, refer the 17" wheel, under the full load 5 passengers + luggage column. It says 230/280. The 4 passengers without luggage recommendation is 200/230.

So I decided to listen to Schwepp's advice to pump it hard! Follow the 5 passenger with luggage recommendation despite usual single occupant. That's 230/280... :p

Upon refilling, the original pressure was, FL/FR/RL/RR: 195/200/230/225, it was an immediate relief seeing the 230 on my RL tyre.. MEANS NO PUNCTURE!! :D :D

Forgot to reset RFT sensor though.. too long didn't pump air.. forgot lio... :p

Maybe good time to rotate my tyres later in the afternoon since I already 24k km.. :rolleyes:

Now expecting my FC to improve since tyre is super hard.. :p will use it for a week to see if my butt like the new air pressure.. :wink:

If I found a 1 cm screw fully embedded in my tyre, I would definitely have it de-mounted to check and plug from the inside. Because I know that tyres are not 1 cm thick unless new.

Ride with 230/280 seems harsh, can felt the extra beating suffered by the lower arm bushes.. :( Now I'm real worried.. :(

Go to a gym and firm up your gluteals! That's a real sports saloon ride. Try driving an Evo or STI and this'll seem like luxury. :top:

For the moment, I still prefer the light load recommendation which is 200/230.. maybe I'll switch back.. :p

THis is the report card. I've been driving this car for 18 months now.

scan0023a.jpg

For the tyre, I change to Michelin PP2 (Non Performance) after phone consultation with Schwepps..

Can't see your report card my dear. Want to see how many As you got. :)

Pilot Precedas ARE performance tyres too, BTW. Got your AAM hotline nos in your phone I hope - your tyres are now naked to screws. ;)

Schwepps;445027 said:
Can't see your report card my dear. Want to see how many As you got. :)

Pilot Precedas ARE performance tyres too, BTW. Got your AAM hotline nos in your phone I hope - your tyres are now naked to screws. ;)

Yep! PP2 is a performance comfort tyre, its on the Christmas wish list of many VIOS owners.. too bad they just discontinue the size for my mini MPV.. :(

.. and yes, you are now naked to nails and screws but fear not:

1. ..as long as the screw/nail remain stuck on the tyre, it takes weeks to fully deflate your tubeless tyre. So pump your tyre at least once every 2 week and you should be able to spot any leakage before it start to harm your precious PP2. Try cultivate a habit to do visual inspection on your tyres before getting into the car. Spot for flabbiness of the tyre shape which will tell insufficient pressure. This will not work on RFT because shape remain despite deflation.

2. .. and your RFT alert should be more sensitive towards deflation in conventional tyres compare to RFT due to the super thick RFT side wall that maintain the tyre circumference during deflation.

.. and what tyre pressure u using now?

Leaving a nail or screw in your tyre raises the risk of irrepairably damaging the plies and cords. I think that's what happened to me - the screw or whatever worked into a 2cm wide gash on the inside, until it popped out. On the outside it was quite a normal hole. And it was only 6 days from my last Sunday morning pressure check. The tyre was a goner.

Top Bottom