Changing BMW engine to others engine

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hi Bro,

U stay at same place as mine? never see u b4? come to TT la. There are a lot who just join the forum but never come to TT. What car U drive?

to each his own..

to me, i have japanese reliability and performance with european handling...the perfect blend!

Most of car is quite reliable as long u maintain very well. For older car maybe its cost effective to convert to japs. Then it depends on how well the conversion done. Anyway BMW is famous for its in line six engine. In UK there are many older cars still running well wt their ori engine. For me prefer NA engine coz less headache. Just bear in mind once you convert to different make of engine you cannot transfer the ownership.

well, nissan is famous for its SR/RB engines and toyota's 1Jz/2jz. And there has been no trouble/headache with my engine/conversion. maybe i'm just lucky!

Good for you. Which model do u drive and which engine did u convert?
Do you drive yr car daily?

For those who want to convert their engine, there's a workshop called Hama Motor in Bentong Pahang that do the convertion..both the mechs (they are brothers) are driving E34s with 1Jz...always test power on hiway..been in their cars once...very nice convertion., no messy wiring..just like original...power? jangan cerita laa...macam langit dengan bumi!!!

I do agree that convert to jap engines kira nasib laa..some may succeed without spending too much, but some may menyesal tak sudah....

But one thing for sure, those who convert to 1Jz/RB is for speed, isn't it?
So, plonking the standard twin turbo is just not enough...you start to use bigger turbo, blow off, custom this custom that..at the end? spend..spend & spend..until you get bored or you get bankrupt....and sell the car cheaply..coz not many people berani nak beli fully modified car..how do I know? I used to gila turbo few years back.....
As for me, I stick to my M40...tak laju pun tak apalah....

Some times speed is not a main thing but when the power is there " jangan cuba nak try kena kangkong jer " heheeee.e.e.e.eeeee any
Hi Bro,

U stay at same place as mine? never see u b4? come to TT la. There are a lot who just join the forum but never come to TT. What car U drive?
for InitialM my car is BMW 316 COUPE E30 RED COLOR

jamalll2000 said:
Some times speed is not a main thing but when the power is there " jangan cuba nak try kena kangkong jer " heheeee.e.e.e.eeeee any for InitialM my car is BMW 316 COUPE E30 RED COLOR

Agreed..:) I know the black E30 wide body with 1Jz during Taman Kosas era...years back..(they all old timer now....but still fast!)..so fast that fully modded 325 kena tapau.....berkampung!!!

hope u guys dun forget that u need uprate ur brakes and suspension to cope.....cos fly to langit also will come down to bumi.....how u come down matters.....

good luck.

if u're goin to some experienced mechs or workshop, shud hav not much problem 1 lo. not to say convert to jap engine, if u're converting fr M20 to M50 or even a crazier S54 transplant, no 1 can guarantee everything will b fine & nothing wud go wrong, rite? & yea, BMW parts are not cheap.

i agree with "japanese reliability and performance with european handling...the perfect blend!"

Tue ada betul apa apa modification must get aprooved fron jpj ........if not .......the car only stay at home......

Top Bottom