Changing BMW engine to others engine

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jamalll2000

Club Guest
What's your opinion if the BMW engine change to others engine like Supra Twin Turbo (2JZ), Nissan Skyline (RB25) what's your opinion.:) :) :) :D :eek:

That's borderline heresy....what's the point? A UDM is more than looks and the blue & white pizza badge. Its the whole package...a bavarian straight 6 is the soul of the car. Would you put a Lexus V8 in a Ferrari? A subaru WRX boxer-4 in a Porsche 911? A Perdana V6 engine in an Acura NSX?

I'm quite sure each camp has its own supporters. The are a number of reasons why people wud plonk a Jap engine into a UDM but if you ask me, I'd much rather settle with a Munich Heart muscle for mine ... and of course, if I wanted more power, there's always the option of going with the Motorsport fettled S series engines. As I said, different strokes for different folks.

Cheers,
VaN.

It basicly a car, to move around. What's is your concern anyway ?

BMW here is overprice, not suit for light wallet.In general, Japanese engine cheaper but it can be expensive too. I used to own R32 for 8 years. RB engine not fussy as well my car now.

I drive E32 now ( I like no 32 ), I told mechanic what to change and some I do myself with help of internet.As well I can live with a lot error come out from meter cluster ! As long car doesn't stop me and save me in case of bad luck.

Just my opinion, If you have thick wallet and willing to waste your money go for original .Others again ask your wallet.

The best is try understand the car included the engine not just drive it,believe me it help a lot and will save you, regardless what engine you use. I still have 500 pages RB engine book and I also bought E32 bentley book. Great investment!

Dosen't the car will be more power , for those that wanted the original let it like that and for those who extremely have the BMW heart it's ok. Any way thanks for the opinion. For me nothing more than the original with the original heart of BMW.

not only that....best to have original engine as per DAY 1 from factory....

yes, put in the jap heart in the UDM.. if you can figure out the wiring links..

saw a e34 with a 1JZ engine.. the car sits' 99% in the workshop..

I guess 1 + 1 = 3

Well, it's your choice dude. BMW with Merc engine, Supra engine, Nissan engine or whatsoever. But do bring out yr car for TT and share knowledge and experience. :)

Since you said there are others who put turbo engine inside, do try it out.

Conversion done right is a dream, conversion gone wrong would be a long nightmare. Of cos there's a lot of converted BMW on the road, but that doesn't mean all of them are 'They lived happily ever-after' story.
Conversion not done well might have:
a) wiring issues
b) prop shaft vibration
c) both

I have ridden in an E32 with RB25, only problem is the slight vibration during takeoff. Other than that, it's pretty ok. The best thing about the conversion is that the engine bay is super neat. no spaghetti splattered all over. If one don't know about cars, he/she would probably think it's the orginal engine.

i strongly agree with fabian...... "Conversion done right is a dream, conversion gone wrong would be a long nightmare".

helloo have u all registered for AD...its just 2 weeks away

what for waste money change engine, come to ADlah only RM180 only somemore got no headache one....stomachache that one i cannot promise u lah.

I would like to register but now I not in Malaysia but in Jeddah Saudi Arabia can you extend the AD time until I back to Malaysia this DEC.

Im sorry sir but we have booked the restaurant for the 16th of September and it cannot be changed...maybe you can join us next year.

pussy said:
yes, put in the jap heart in the UDM.. if you can figure out the wiring links..

saw a e34 with a 1JZ engine.. the car sits' 99% in the workshop..

RHI that one car have an M3 engine also sit 98% in the workshop.
I wonder whose car it is..

Jarance
U wanna test power with the one with the M3 engine ar. Its been out long time liao!

Those who wanna see it, see u at Sepang on Sept 17th.

Alvin.. I don't drive fast lah.. Anyway, hope to see you at Sepang and
get a taxi ride in your M3.

sorry for off topic.

Basically, to upgrade to a different engine, you have to seriously considered
the ECU and wiring connection. It no use having a great engine and you
can't control or make the engine run at optimum performance.

Top Bottom