Changed RFT to PS3 today

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

AhTu

Club Guest
I finally made up my mind to change away my "lorry" tyre to Michellin PS3. Now, I can say I am really driving an ultimate driving machine. :cool:

First thought is: "... fcuk! should have done it earlier!"

right?! :4:

astroboy;598544 said:

so you have been driving a "lorry" all these while (slightly more than 3 years)...

herbert;598552 said:
so you have been driving a "lorry" all these while (slightly more than 3 years)...

Replaced my at 30k km and yes, those where my thoughts! :4:

astroboy;598544 said:

Damn you are totally right!!!

You know, for the virgin drive I brought my wife for a ride. She told me she is inside a lorry!!!!:20:

AhTu;598570 said:
Damn you are totally right!!!

You know, for the virgin drive I brought my wife for a ride. She told me she is inside a lorry!!!!:20:

Those irritating humming sound reminds me of a train ride.. not as bad as local locomotive though, more of the Eurostar sort but when on PS3, its peacefulness!

Next thing u realise is it achieve top speed a lot faster! :top:

hi....i m new here. just introduce myself in the newbie thread.

i never ride in the rft before. is it that bad???

haKKaMeE;598583 said:
Hi AhTu

Mind sharing with us the cost...

Oh ya, it is Michelin PS3 Z series made in Thailand, year made 3910, 225/50/17 RM 640/pc inclusives of rim cleaning, balancing, 4 wheel alignment and via credit card no extra charge.

wan_juara;598582 said:

Ya it should be, already said RFT FCUK, I changed mine one month old when I got my car.

wan_juara;598582 said:

Let's look at technology point of view and in fact it will be hassle free if running into tyre flat situation. Safer using it but it is just too noisy for me. Many bimmers like it for good reasons but some not. So, it is all up to individual actually.

Without RFT, I have to purchase a spare tyre kit that cost me another RM 1550.

haKKaMeE;598583 said:
Hi AhTu

Mind sharing with us the cost...

Hakkamee,

Better replace your rear tires with PS3 fast as I heard price is going to go up soon.

wan_juara;598582 said:

It's not that bad. Firstly, its low profile tyres, secondly, we are comparing it with Michelin PS3 soft rubber grippy performance tyre. That's why the gap is sky and earth. But if you compare with a regular cheapo, hard compound, durable, low rolling resistance, maximise fuel economy Teksi tyres, not much difference. So how bad is RFT? depending what you comparing with.. and the later generation of the RFT is softer liao, some say is near conventional tyre comfort.

My recent encounter, aquaplaned into a guard rail.. only RFT can survive:
168193_10150156618191632_552256631_8521078_2829688_n.jpg

astroboy;598681 said:
It's not that bad. Firstly, its low profile tyres, secondly, we are comparing it with Michelin PS3 soft rubber grippy performance tyre. That's why the gap is sky and earth. But if you compare with a regular cheapo, hard compound, durable, low rolling resistance, maximise fuel economy Teksi tyres, not much difference. So how bad is RFT? depending what you comparing with.. and the later generation of the RFT is softer liao, some say is near conventional tyre comfort.

My recent encounter, aquaplaned into a guard rail.. only RFT can survive:

thanks astroboy. i m using sc3 on my current ride, quite soft and comparable to ps3.

from mu experience, rft is better than normal tyre when speeding on highway. ps3 is bit soft during high speed...

Without RFT, I have to purchase a spare tyre kit that cost me another RM 1550.[/QUOTE]

Hi all, never use RFT bcoz the dealer changed the RFT to FK452 during delivery of my E92 (recond car - RFT very bad condition). Any one know cost for FK452, front 235/35/19 & rear 265/30/19? Not purchase spare tire kit yet and is the rear boot compartment can be fixed with spare tire kit properly? Thanx in advance.

Just replaced all 4 of my RFT to PS3 (225/45/17 @ RM575 each @ Sunway), also bought a Michelin 12VDC pump, just in case :p

My comment? Indeed, it is much softer than the RFT, less noise, slight performance increase during acceleration, good traction and grip on wet road surface, so far so good. The only thing worrying me now is the punture (if it ever occurred).

YHT;603442 said:
Just replaced all 4 of my RFT to PS3 (225/45/17 @ RM575 each @ Sunway), also bought a Michelin 12VDC pump, just in case :p

My comment? Indeed, it is much softer than the RFT, less noise, slight performance increase during acceleration, good traction and grip on wet road surface, so far so good. The only thing worrying me now is the punture (if it ever occurred).

How much is the Michelin pump? I think it looks like the roundish robot vacuum cleaner.

If you don't have it yet, get a tire sealant to repair the punctures.

Top Bottom