Castrol Motor Oil

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Spaceman

Club Guest
I have recently been gathering info on motor oil and found this Castrol sold by one of BMW dealer in the country. I know about the Castrol oil which is said to conform to the new BMW Long-life 04 (LL-04) specification on newer generation engines. But, this bottle of SLX Powerflow manufactured in Malaysia does not have the LL-04 mentioned as compared to some sold in overseas as seen in the last pic where LL-04 is clearly written. What's your tot about this?

I used to buy Mobil 1 10W-30 in Walmart, US, and the certifications are also totally different from the ones sold here. Those only have Chrysler and GM certifications. It puzzles me if the oil company would actually customize so many different formulas, assuming that the certification requirements are not drastically different for a specific oil grade (in this case the Castrol 0W-30).

This Castrol 0W-30 is very tricky. The "spokeperson" I "interrogate" during the Grand TT said the 0W-30 is available in drum but how come I have seen the above non-European 4L packing before at some spare part shop? The "spokeperson" then say, yes, it only available in limited outlets. I was thinking he would say its a FAKE, DON'T BUY! yet, he didn't say that, nor denied it.. so how?

But it seems the Valvetronic engine required to run on 5W-30, at least. 5W-40 is not suitable. That's why the Q8 oil I bought is only stating BMW Special oil but no mentioning of LL01 or LL04 on the bottle.. :(

well, i just called up Premier Lubricants Sdn Bhd and was told this oil is only supplied to OEM dealers in the country. its not available at spare parts shop.

i've called up AB Johor bahru, they use Syntium 0W30 for our cars. AB in Glenmarie & Sungei Besi uses OEM BMW 5W30 oil. And Shell Helix Ultra AB 0W30 (in a drum) is used by another dealer....

So, i went to major spare parts shop in town to look for these oils mentioned by different dealers but is unfortunately not found. they laugh at me and ask if Castrol makes 0W30 oil??? what is Shell Helix Ultra AB ??? they've never heard/seen it....$^%&^%%$ and i left....

U want the Castrol Professional Powerflow 0W-30 in 4 litre pack?

I think I can get it at about RM200 per 4 litre pack. I think they have 0W-40 too. If u serious, I can go find out if u really love the oil. However, I can't guarantee its original because when I ask, everybody will say its original.. :D

thanks, astroboy! will inform you when i decided to use this oil when due.

No problem... just hope my suppliers still carry them when u need it.. if they ran out, I'll get you Torco 100% Synthetic BMW-LL04 at real cheap price! Only for u.. :D

Top Bottom