Can RFTs be patched?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
side tire wall nail ..happen to me before on my conti RFT ..how it happen is due to the nail header which is larger and when the tyre run over it , it flips over and get into the tyre ...sometimes at the tyre contact surface and if you're unlucky it would be at the first top side wall ....patched it with a plug and never had any issue till i replaced it ...

my 2 cent

My rear right RE050 RFT had a slow puncture,right in the middle of the contact patch.Warning came via iDrive.Tyre looked fine tho,didn't look deflated at all.Went to a petrol station and pumped air into it again.Warning came again after 3-4days so I took it to a tyre shop and they plugged it,where the nail was.

Till now,everything is a-ok..in fact,haven't had to top up air since the plug-up.Still drive like my pants are on fire..no issues whatsoever.

guys / girls,

i just realised there is a slight bulge in the sidewalls of my front rft.........maybe i might hav hit a pothole (cant recall)..........is it ok to drive it or better to change the tyres?

do advise......

thanks.

nathan;525919 said:
guys / girls,

i just realised there is a slight bulge in the sidewalls of my front rft.........maybe i might hav hit a pothole (cant recall)..........is it ok to drive it or better to change the tyres?

do advise......

thanks.

Some pics will help....

hi bro,

sorrylah tried taking the pic but cant really see through the pics, its basically a slight bulge on the sidewall of the tyres......

This thread has been very informative and allays some of my fears of using RFT dur to its inhibitive cost.

So far, only TTDI Lim Tayar has been mentioned to give good RFT patching service.

Can we have a sticky of recommended tyre centres for RFTs, throughout Malaysia?

I am sure it will come in very handy to all fellow forumers running on RFTs.

Thanks all.

I bought this RFT 4 pcs c/w rims from a forummer 2 weeks ago and one of it goes flat one day and upon checking its already been patched from inside and eventually fails. One tyre shop try to repatch (also from inside) but it fails again within a day . Quite frustrated with this (He who sold me that tyre should tell me abt this patch before transaction). I'm thninking of driving to KL to replace the tires (2 pcs) for a better price but i'm not sure if i can drive that far (277km) with that tyre..

or where can i get a piece of used 17" RFT?

Looks like I've got a nail in my rear RFT tyre. Going to try to get it patched tomorrow. Any recommendations for a place that will handle with care? Some place in Subang/PJ/Sunway?

Top Bottom