Cameron Highlands - Gua Musang road

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Traveler

Official Member
I was thinking of getting a few friends together for a roadtrip, and part of that would be on this CH-GM road. Now I just heard from a friend that this road is not yet gazetted so if anything happens to our cars, it will not be covered by insurance. Does anyone know for sure if the road is gazetted or not? I know the road was completed in 2005 (I passed by the entrance in Brinchang) and that is has been open for traffic since then. Anyone have any further info on this?Any info much appreciated, thanks!

Hey traveller, hows it going ? wah now you shiok to do drives already ahh... Good stuff man. The best person to get advice from in terms of road trips is Redbaron.

Calling Redbaron.. Please advise

I suggest you pm Dr.Goh. He frequent that road almost daily having fun up and down.

This road is from simpang pulai-Cameron highland-gua musang-cikku-kuala berang-kuala terengganu. Ready only simpang pulai to gua musang. Road is gazetted already .Much more intresting if you come from gua musang. The route KL-Bentong-Raub-Benta-Kuala Lipis-Gua musang-Cameron. Let me know when want to go. This road dam chun want . Zoggee come along la

cannot lah RB, zoggee can only be allowed to go to goh tong jaya yeeeeeehhhhaaaaa tats his limit :rock:

Thanks RB! I was actually thinking of doing the KL-Simpang Pulai-Cameron-Gua Musang-Kuala Lipis-Raub-Bentong-KL route (I guess opposite direction of your suggestion), with a couple nights break in Cameron. Am talking to a few work friends about it, since my last road trip with them was great (to Penang, partly via trunk roads) in a convoy of 3x E90s. Though this time there will be other makes as other people are involved.

Last year we BMWCM did a trip to Cameron via bentong. Stop for lunch in Kuala lipis and proceed to Cameron, overnight there and next day came back. This way my opinion it wont be that taxing on the participant and the journey more adventure.I dont mind coming if it is ok with you guys.

From what i know :

Sg.Pulai - CH --> gazetted but only if you are travelling between 6am-6pm. (or it could be 7am-7pm).

CH-Gua Musang --> not gazetted yet

I am going back to CH today and I can confirm it for you. Will post an update tomorrow.

Cheers
Chief

Errr, sorry, but how do you tell whether the road has been gazetted, enlighten us please...

Guys, how far (distance and time) to go from Cameron's Blue Valley to Gua Musang? And how's the road condition, as compared to the Simpang Pulai-Camerons stretch?

The road from simpang pulai to gua musang is fully open and gazetted. No more time frame of useing the road any more it is open 24 hours. BMW malaysia always does their promo drive at this route. I am sure that if the road is not gazetted it won't be use by them,also have check with the police and the reply was the same which is the road is open and gazetted.

Last time i saw BMWSG also travel to Camaron from Simpang Pulai, ard 30-40 cars there, but most of them are new car, at least e60..:eek:

Thanks for all the info. After chatting with my friends on last week, I think I have a few more people coming, hehe. Looks like it will be in Dec sometime as Nov is going to be busy for most people.

RB - you are most welcome to join in. :)
So you recommend this direction: KL-Bentong-Kuala Lipis (lunch)-Gua Musang-Cameron (overnight x2 or x3)-Simpang Pulai-KL instead of the other way round?

This would mean leaving in the morning for a day drive rather than a night drive from KL-Cameron. When I get more people in the group, I will get a consensus on which way people prefer to go.

are you planing for day drive or overnight in cameron bro. Any thing just call me 0172068746

Hey, Traveler. Do extend this to the E90 group as well since they're quite gung-ho on such drives after the Ulu Yam stint. Can also invite the GTi fellas. The more the merrier!

Better still invite all here who are Interested...Im in if allowed to..

Guys, so, how far is from Gua Musang to Camerons, looks like a real long stretch from the regular map of Malaysia... and anything nice to stop for in between?

LCP, from what I've heard the Gua Musang-Cameron road is about 45mins to 1 hour long, and that it's really straight with lots of of up/down stretches (generally downhill from CH to GM, or uphill from GM to CH).

KL-Gua Musang via Bentong/Kuala Lipis is about 4 hours (around 285km, if my GPS was right - checked it lastnight), including one long stretch without petrol stations, based on info I received from another forum. KL-Cameron via Simpang Pulai is about 3 hours (based on my relaxed driving style).

RedBaron, am planning for a 2 or 3 night break in Cameron. Not decided yet on whether to go for a night drive to Cameron via Simpang Pulai and then break there, or to go for a day drive to Cameron via Gua Musang before stopping for the night.

As the interest shown by the folks here is encouraging, it does sound like a good idea to organize a BMWCM group. However, as the primary purpose of my trip is to get a bunch of work friends (in various car makes including non-UDMs), together for a weekend break, perhaps we can keep the 2 groups separate but coordinate for a same-day departure from KL?

This is mainly as I would expect the driving styles/speed (and car capabilities) of both groups to be quite different and probably different interests in where to stop for food/fruits/etc. Besides, am not sure if the folks here want a 2-3night stop in Cameron (our group is doing all sorts of relaks activities in CH like golfing, hiking, sleeping). Since the group I am organizing will definitely be driving slower than a pure-UDM group, perhaps this group can leave first with the BMWCM group catching up on the road later (for tea in Gua Musang, for example)?

Would probably be easier to organize this way :)

It takes around 1 hour frm gua musang to cameron fast driving. Some part of the road is dual lane.No hp coverage and petrol pump along this streach. All refeulling mus be done in gua musang and at the same time we can have tea break.

Top Bottom