Buying E60

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tkm

Club Guest
Hi fellow brothers here.... need all the sifu advise to me. I am searching now for E60 model. Budget to getting it not more than RM200k...Do you all think can get it in kl? I have saw a few in kl area, gombak, setapak, cheras.. some selling ranging from RM168k to 198k...from 520i model to 525i model. Is it advisable to get these machines? Really appreciate on the valuable feedback..:burnout:

Okok...but i saw a few 525i with these amount, don't know is it ok? Reliability issues, alot of sifus here mentioned 520i is not a good model.

Getting more headache now..i found out that certain dealers in klang valley really varies their selling price...it is a huge difference with the same model, some trying to convince me saying hi-line model or m-sport model...

i noticed that most dealers r jackin' up the price nowadays, taking the advantage of the recently jacked-up AP cost (which I was told had been increased by RM10k per AP).
if u browse thru the adverts, u could get 525i or "hi-line", below rm200k, but for manufacturing yrs of 2004 and older. 525 M-Sport would be a little more, at least by about rm15-20k more...
i would say, stay away from 520.. 525 is a much better machine. of course, if u could afford the 530, it's even better! and while u r at it, just invest in MSport....
Most importantly, YES, u could get a 525i with a sub-200k budget. Just open up Motor Trader or mudah.my... u'll see bunches of them!
Good Luck in your search!

You can easily get 530i year 2003 - 2004 below 200k now. Year 2005 already come with new engine, so the price is significantly higher. Piece of advice:
- buy highline if comfort is priority (otherwise opt for m-sport for better handling)
- buy 530i if you need good power (for me, it's comparable with 325i power on wheel)
- avoid 520i (unless you don't mind power)
- avoid used diesel 5 series (maintenance issue)
- buy from direct if possible (the dealers mark-up around 20k)

Wow...very informative bro. At least i have a clearer picture now. Didn't know the dealer jack up the price by so much. Actually i don't mind the power. It is the comfort of getting the E60 which i have dreamt of. Now able to...so trying to get one unit. Should i wait for F10 to come out so that the price will drop? Does it work this way? I heard F10 will be launched somewhere May or June.

Indeed bro. If power is not uppermost in your mind, why not consider the E60 520i. Price is affordale. For me the 170 hp and 210Nm of the 520 is more than enough for me although I come from the background of E39 523 which is 2.5 cc. But a presale thorough check is a must, just like any other Bimmer models.

Anyway, whichever model you finally decide to buy, whether its the 520, 523, 525, 530 or Msport, I found my E60 a more dynamic drive compare to the previous E39. The idrive has now become a very user friendly knob to me rather than the dreaded time bomb before I purchased the same. The E60 simply looks so much better to me than the e39. Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Especially when you took the car in the morning, the moment you set your eyes on the beauty, you are smitten. At least that's me. :wink:

I went ot dealer in penang, they said the 5 series's price increase was due to Msian ringgit drop; means Yen appreciating making pricing goes up...they can said anything nowaday..for me i'd rather ops for 525 Msport...

Eh...why yen going up got affect malaysian currency kah? Didn't know it will affect this way. I was just wondering if the F10 new series coming out in May or June, will the E60 price drop drastically? Any sifu here have any idea on this things work? Cheers

Tkm, i reckon that a real m-sport package or its equivalent (i.e. after-market suspension like H&R and eibach, bodykits and steering wheel) wil set u back in the region of +RM25k-30k. But the trick is to get a genuine m-sport one as i heard that they may just add those things in here..

I'm not sure how we can check whether it is the original factory m-sport package or msia add on one (standard E60 but re-package here) if the car comes from japan or uk. On high-line, i dun really fancy this one. If i were u, i will only go for local spec m-sport as this way i am assured it is original factory m-sport package. Sorry guys, this is my 2-cent onli..but if it is 100% proven we can check overseas imports are genuine m-sport than it is ok to buy japan or uk specs m-sport...Another thing about the overseas imports is that i dun really believe in their mileage claim...i find it absurb that the mileage in the car seldom correspond with its age. A lot of arguments are being put forward that japan spec one is low mileage because japanese drive less...well, i'm not 100% convinced about that...local importers have a lot of pre-thought answers to possible questions. Just like why you find the prices have increased - yen up, AP price up, blah, blah, blah...The truth is that, for a historical 52-week chart, yen against RM, it is now at one of its lows (lowest on April 19, 2010), then their argument of yen went up is BULLSHIT...Futhermore, AP is issued in Jan, so AP price went up is also another BULLSHIT...The real truth is they find that now is the time to potong because for the past months, business has been really really bad...Now is the beginning to potong to recover bad times, hahaha

I'm not always lucky when buying cars so i hv to be careful le :) At the end, i settled for a local AB one...

Yah..that is what i noticed too during i went for the car hunting. Some dealers really change the bodykit to m-sport but eventually it is not the real m-sport. That is why i was saying making me headache to get one. That is why i look for a basic E60 model which is locally made, which i think it will cause less headache. If i were to have much money though...i will surely go to AB to buy one..heheheh, wish me luck in getting the E60 soon.

tkm, get the pre owned cars from authorised dealers as you will know the history and also the good interest rate by bmw credit...the price will be higher then recons but you have more peace of mind..talk to SA's and you might get some good deals..

kazuya;515104 said:
You can easily get 530i year 2003 - 2004 below 200k now. Year 2005 already come with new engine, so the price is significantly higher. Piece of advice:
- buy highline if comfort is priority (otherwise opt for m-sport for better handling)
- buy 530i if you need good power (for me, it's comparable with 325i power on wheel)

:smokin: been using the 530d for quite sometime and like any other models, take care of it and it will take care of you ;) ... thrash it like no other business and it will cost you, big time (even for a non-diesel) ;):burnout:

Peter Sauber;515425 said:
Tkm, i reckon that a real m-sport package or its equivalent (i.e. after-market suspension like H&R and eibach, bodykits and steering wheel) wil set u back in the region of +RM25k-30k. But the trick is to get a genuine m-sport one as i heard that they may just add those things in here..

I'm not sure how we can check whether it is the original factory m-sport package or msia add on one (standard E60 but re-package here) if the car comes from japan or uk. On high-line, i dun really fancy this one. If i were u, i will only go for local spec m-sport as this way i am assured it is original factory m-sport package. Sorry guys, this is my 2-cent onli..but if it is 100% proven we can check overseas imports are genuine m-sport than it is ok to buy japan or uk specs m-sport...Another thing about the overseas imports is that i dun really believe in their mileage claim...i find it absurb that the mileage in the car seldom correspond with its age. A lot of arguments are being put forward that japan spec one is low mileage because japanese drive less...well, i'm not 100% convinced about that...local importers have a lot of pre-thought answers to possible questions. Just like why you find the prices have increased - yen up, AP price up, blah, blah, blah...The truth is that, for a historical 52-week chart, yen against RM, it is now at one of its lows (lowest on April 19, 2010), then their argument of yen went up is BULLSHIT...Futhermore, AP is issued in Jan, so AP price went up is also another BULLSHIT...The real truth is they find that now is the time to potong because for the past months, business has been really really bad...Now is the beginning to potong to recover bad times, hahaha

I'm not always lucky when buying cars so i hv to be careful le :) At the end, i settled for a local AB one...

...very true PS. Better for TKM to tell straight to the dealer that he/she is bullshitting and thatbthey are doing it to the wrong customer!!!!Period.:rock:

Yah....thanks bro for the advise given. Just saw a post saying next week 30th have a pre-owned BMW selection in Glenmarie. I will drop by there to see what AB can offer. In the other hand, still searching around klang valley. E60 i am coming...Cheers:)

Hey guys, pls click on this link to see the RM against yen (it is a 52-week plot) -

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=...=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=on;source=undefined

The truth is that our proud RM has appreciated against the yen and we are sure that prices of automobiles in japan are declining by the minutes, surely with stronger RM we will get cheaper japan specs BMW...

unless they are telling us that they paid more RM when they purchased the car around Dec 2009 which means the car has been sitting in their yard for quite sometime already or they purchased the car sometime Feb 2010?

If they bought the car in dec 2009, won't they be more desperate to get rid of the car now??? like that we can now tekan their price??? hahaha

in any case, their arguments are not valid. Coq even if they purchased the car in feb 2010, the currency is not very much worst off compared with any time in the last 12 months for e.g. july last year.

sumore, apparently accordingly to analysts the RM is on an uptrend till june 2010 so fundamentally the grey imports price, by right, should go down...

Tkm, just look up for advert in newspapers or forums la to find a local spec m-sport and try your luck in getting a low mileage, good condition and well-maintained one, maybe cheaper than pre-owned or pre-reg AB, SA, INgress, Quill ones...

my prediction is: of coz la, e60 will drop significantly more when the f10 reaches our shores! i'd say, maybe at least another rm10k down from today's price?
if u dun mind waiting another few months to get your e60, then better wait. how much would u put the price of missing the fun of an e60? if that rm10k down is nothing, then just go ahead and get the e60, dude!
if u wait, maybe by the time the f10 comes, u'll change your mind, though...:) that's what happen to a lot of people out there with spare cash.. they would just dump their e60s.... so that would be the rite time to make your purchase... yeah, during that f10 rush!

:)

Bro's now i am searching around motortrader, the star and mudah, plus with myself and my wife give a weekend rounding around klang valley. I would say not many dealer give the best price for the E60. The best i got is when i saw one in setapak, the 520 they put the price RM198k for '06 model but when they tried to open the door on driver side, it jammed up and cant open...that time i was telling him...wah like that you have to give me more discount..hehehe, straight ahead he said RM178k ...i was like huh?? Is this got problem or not? Neway...i still kiv his option and search around first.

To me, if f10 is coming up in months to come, i would rather wait for the price to drop by that time. It is not my time to purchase f10 as it cost alot to me. Buying a E60 at RM100++ range is ok for me because the car is really a great car.

Btw, beside getting AB to diagnose the car with some amount of fees, does any other outside shop can do the checking on the car we want to purchase?

kazuya;515104 said:

i owned a 530d as well, i dont see the maintainance is a issue.... Yet, the fuel consumption is great, excellent... can u imagine and can u believe that a 3000 c.c car can acheive not over 30 buds of diesel from kl- penang?

Top Bottom