Buying an E38 right out of e-Bay?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

MadReed

Club Guest
Since e38 group is growing stronger by the day and I am still dreaming for one (the V8 off course) ... I have this silly question for the sifus here...Personally, has anyone bought those delicious looking e38 V8 or V12 right out of e-Bay and got them shipped back to here? I know there are a lot of processes involved like AP/taxes/shipping plus many uncertainties etc...etc... but seriously... has anyone tried that before? Off-course you'll need to have a lot of $$$ to be able to that....p/s... if I am not mistaken, this new thread will be the 30,000th thread in BMWCM based on the staistics... So yeah to me... :burnout:

Bro,
From what i know, U cant import a car in without an AP. If you have all the documents, you would have no problem in bringing one back. The purchase price may be affordable, but bear in mind that the Malaysian Customs department will be waiting for you with open arms and a big smile waiting to TAX u.

It's just too much hassle. I'm sure you could, and with much less than what you pay if you were to buy cars that are already in our shores from dealers/privateers/junkyards/customs.

But I think it's just too much hassle. By the time you get your car, you'd probably be exhausted.

uncle aziz;577644 said:
I hv seen many nice e38 under auction @ ebay uk.....to bid is not the problem but consider the post activities ....very scary.
http://aryatib.blogspot.com/2010/10/import-kereta-terpakai.html

Thanks for the tips uncle... that is really scary... unless if I am going back to UK to do masters/PhD in the near future, then this idea won't be so useful.... In the meantime, lets just drool over those delicious cheap-cheap e38 740iL/750iL over in e-Bay UK... sigh....:43:

Top Bottom