boosting up the e34

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
integramania;413577 said:
Wat exhaust headers are good? I was told changing to the 328 headers helps? Any suggestions?

weiii...u semua pun mau ar?? u auto la...dun simply change headers. later you lost low + mid range, then u cry. once u become a man, and go manual, then u can main2 with your head :D hehe

chewkies;413788 said:
Oh most welcome. For item 2, you can just call up Exoticmods (shedden) for the BMC or any other shops for K&N open pod filters. Just tell them yr car specs and it shd be as fast as pay cash n bolt on.
They are washable hence giving you better value for dollar and generally have better air intake. The better the air intake flow the better the performance you'll have. Slight gain on hp and don't expect anything that much.
When i had my BMC on it felt a quicker response...good feeling...
hope this helps...

mmm.. ive read some where that open pod filters sometimes cant give good performance bcos they take hot air from the engine bay. is that true?

:dontknow:

ramsing;413808 said:
lots of sifu's here who can give very good advice. but the rule of thumb is that with great power comes great loss of $$$ :D

like what unker 535i said, change to 17' rims and you will feel the difference. 18'" is only when you're running like unker 535i power level.... :O

antiquer.....M50B20 got a lot of potential. plus u're a manual box. but to just chip it, wont be much of an increase. a good bang for buck with little/no maintenance, is to stroke to 525/528/530/532. an increase in CC, with a chip, freer flowing exhaust, etc etc would be a nice gain, plus no worry on maintenance. cost wise, wont be between 2-3k, will be more. you can do it in stages. thats the fun part. :)

otherwise just turbo it like fandango said. if you're happy with 250rwhp, you can just slap on a turbo, get it tuned and you're good to go :)

U can 'stroke' me anytime .. :top:

Hoi - KONI coming next week - end ..

ramsing;413808 said:
lots of sifu's here who can give very good advice. but the rule of thumb is that with great power comes great loss of $$$ :D

like what unker 535i said, change to 17' rims and you will feel the difference. 18'" is only when you're running like unker 535i power level.... :O

antiquer.....M50B20 got a lot of potential. plus u're a manual box. but to just chip it, wont be much of an increase. a good bang for buck with little/no maintenance, is to stroke to 525/528/530/532. an increase in CC, with a chip, freer flowing exhaust, etc etc would be a nice gain, plus no worry on maintenance. cost wise, wont be between 2-3k, will be more. you can do it in stages. thats the fun part. :)

otherwise just turbo it like fandango said. if you're happy with 250rwhp, you can just slap on a turbo, get it tuned and you're good to go :)

aiiyaa.. it seems like swapping is the best way to increase power. first i just wanted to plug plug n play play only. now it became serious in swapping plak. ( my left n right brain are arguing right now).

is it easy to get m50b25 with manual trans halfcut? what bout the cost including installation?

(mmphh mmphh.. i can smell rachun laa. and i kinda like the smell) hahahaha :laugh:

.....we heard from 535 i and ramsing. Now waiting for blackhowling and GT- e34 and a few others to 'speak'.

bluepanther;413818 said:
.....we heard from 535 i and ramsing. Now waiting for blackhowling and GT- e34 and a few others to 'speak'.

cant wait.. curiosity hunger.:)

If your M50B20 is till good then sell it off and get a 2.8 or 3.2 engine ... just top up.. my two cent

geoffreylee;413825 said:
If your M50B20 is till good then sell it off and get a 2.8 or 3.2 engine ... just top up.. my two cent

haaaaaa......dear bro antiquer, cadangan geoffreylee ini dinamakan...'alang-alang seluk pekasam biar sampai ke pangkal lengan..........' .

535i;413816 said:
U can 'stroke' me anytime .. :top:

Hoi - KONI coming next week - end ..

dun want stroke2 all la....i come SG u take me stroking place... :D

next weekend ar?? hahaha. nanti u sms me the final figure.

antiquer;413817 said:
aiiyaa.. it seems like swapping is the best way to increase power. first i just wanted to plug plug n play play only. now it became serious in swapping plak. ( my left n right brain are arguing right now).

is it easy to get m50b25 with manual trans halfcut? what bout the cost including installation?

(mmphh mmphh.. i can smell rachun laa. and i kinda like the smell) hahahaha :laugh:

no need swap engine...since u're already M50, just stroke the internals and get the correct ECU. done deal :) :top:

ramsing;413809 said:
weiii...u semua pun mau ar?? u auto la...dun simply change headers. later you lost low + mid range, then u cry. once u become a man, and go manual, then u can main2 with your head :D hehe

Tats wat i think also lor...auto change also no use....open pod also no use...header also no use....

Really meh auto apa pun tak bagus....hahaha

For the e34 i wanna maintain as auto lar..... i play manual some other place

:listen::listen:bro kalau mau up gred to e34 v8 540i engine full cut please PM me i got one comming in:top:

mandonna;413907 said:
:listen::listen:bro kalau mau up gred to e34 v8 540i engine full cut please PM me i got one comming in:top:

integ, there got solution for u. V8 auto...enuf power to flyyyyy.....:D

....now i see the racun is getting strongger and strongger...enuf to put an elephant to sleep...forever. Now it's up to us to choose which racun to swallow.

does anybody have an experience in v8? can share some ideas regarding technical and maintenance parts..

alternatively stroking the engine with cams, chip and diff can make the na drive nice enough and without headaches associated with boost. having the ZF 5 speed auto on e34 is quite nice and not such a bad idea if need to do a lot of city driving in stop go traffic.

shyful313;413925 said:
does anybody have an experience in v8? can share some ideas regarding technical and maintenance parts..

MAJOR headache ....

A bit less than S38B36 headache ...

Nice smooth power band .. some say better than S38B38.
What more if it is a Manual trans :top:

there is one e34 v8 that might be up for sale. completed and tested and u may want to have a look at it

Top Bottom