BMWCM BimmerFest 2013 - November

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
ICEMAN 68;850137 said:
we need more people like you here sir with a brilliant idea ... stay tune and focus ya ..

see you at MMZ

Salam,
Banner and bunting should be up already... 3 weeks to go.

- - - Updated - - -

ICEMAN 68;850137 said:
we need more people like you here sir with a brilliant idea ... stay tune and focus ya ..

see you at MMZ

Salam,
Banner and bunting should be up already... 3 weeks to go.

Tom328;850152 said:
Just a question, will RM10 visitors driving BMW be also included into the count??? :rolleyes:

Yes bro, if you want to be counted, you can, even without any payment. The RM50 entitles you to the goodie bag .... currently we are in the midst of sorting out registration to segregate those that pay the entry fee and those that opted not to. We will update the list and post it for all concern.

Stay tuned.

Cheers.

namidub;850125 said:
Dear OMs,

BMWCM has been invited to feature as guest by NTV7 on their talk show this 22nd October.
Aligned with that we need to bring along 2 vintage cars,together with the owners.

Hurry and let us know if you want your car to be showcased to entire Malaysia.
A "live" one to one interview is also expected.

Requirements;

1. Owner must be present
2. Voluntary
3. Car make of 1989 and below
4. Stock, original
5. Roadworthy

Criteria of selection, should we have more than 2 to choose from -
a) WOW factor ,
b) Rarity

Get back to us before the deadline by noon,Monday 21st October.
Submit your names,and car details ASAP!

Missed the morning show.... How was it guys?

Affan , its my Rotary presidents training which I cannot afford to miss..but I want the goodie bag can ahh...hehehe tshirt XL

Got to ask prez. Dowan to friend you anymore for shunning us... Huuu huuuu

I am going to give this event a miss.

Looks like being a member of a Club is no difference from not being one.

As this event is organised by the Club yet the members have to pay the same fees as the Public.

I would urge the Organising Committee to think about what I have posted here cause I believe this in the minds of some members.

Sorry if what I have posted here is offensive and hurting to anyone's feeling , Please feel free to delete this posting

Your Humble Member

Lamoo

.... ahh lamoo can join us for breakfast then ... if you're not going for your makan angin trip

you got to pay larrr ...they all calling MBOR , need to fix tents , need to pay rela ppl and need to print your name with a goodie bag ...so cost incured larr hence need to pay the fees larr ...why want free ka ?

gendong;850353 said:
Missed the morning show.... How was it guys?

The usual morning show went well but we were not able to participate. Basically the lead time given to us was just too short for us to commit to it.

Cheers.

No worries brader Lamoo. We note your comments and hope the future committe will put it into consideration in the next fest.

Just for your info, we have posted in this forum earlier looking for volunteers from our club members to organise this event but non came forth. Since we wanted to go ahead with this event, we had open it up to others and a group of volunteers from various club volunteered. Since that was the case, we decided to proceed with this initiative and rest assured that the funding is not coming from the club's fund.

Yes I have heard very many criticism and dissatisfaction from members but they are not seeing the effort n initiative put in to make this event possible. Honestly, I am much dissappointed myself hearing all the critics and negative commest from our members and frankly its a downer for me.
This event is done not to rake in profit (where some are thinking we do) and the primary objective of this event is to gather all owners of the udm in one location, not only to go for the record of some sort but also to foster comradeship among us. Thats about it.

I am ok with the members stand in not wanting to volunteer for this event, its their right. We might succeed or we might fail in our effort but we will do it, come what may. We might break even with the expenses (which is our aim) or we might lose (in terms of the cost) but it will definitly not be from the club's fund. The volunteers had already sacrificed their invaluable time and effort for this and it wouldnt be fair to ask for more.

The club funds will only be used for the members only. That is why there is a fee incur to attend this event. If the club were to subsidised this event, yes i would say that the participation fee would be different from the public and non members.

Hope this will enlighten you brader. If you need more understanding of what we are going thru, feel free to call and we can meet at your leisure.

Cheers brader and warmest regards.

lamoo;850480 said:
As this event is organised by the Club yet the members have to pay the same fees as the Public.
I would urge the Organising Committee to think about what I have posted here cause I believe this in the minds of some members.
Sorry if what I have posted here is offensive and hurting to anyone's feeling , Please feel free to delete this posting
Your Humble Member
Lamoo

- - - Updated - - -

Dear committee,

Just wandering, is BMW Malaysia not participating in the fest ? They did the first time in 2008 held at Sunway ?

If BCM is the official club, surely they must be in ?

- - - Updated - - -

Dear committee,

Just wandering, is BMW Malaysia not participating in the fest ? They did the first time in 2008 held at Sunway ?

If BCM is the official club, surely they must be in ?

Rumours going around that 'This is the First Bimmerfest' ? Tot it was in 2008 was the one held at Sunway ?

lamoo;850480 said:

Your Humble Member

Lamoo

Unker,
Paying the fee is nothing if you drive a BMW, but not differentiating between OM n Non OM paying has lost its benefits...

This is good news to me as I m not a OM this time.

The idea behind the fest is always to have the BMW enthusiast to share the joy, interest and passion of the roundel.

They are the passionate people might not be fortunate to own a latest BMW, so driving a E30, E34 and now on E36, E39 is the choice and affordable for them. They might have to opt for different brand of engine as alternative, to get the car running, stronger and more economic in some way. As for a conversion to the Japanese engine is not illegal in Malaysia. Our PUSPAKOM and JPJ certified this car to be safe and drivable on the road with other road user. We should count them in too.
We DO NOT have authority to ban them, or marginalize them from the any club or gathering.

Many other clubs do not care about it BMW with different heart and what so important about this point?

Will it be very important to have this Book of Records? by not counting them in the list and they also have to pay for RM50, will that fair for them? do they know that they are not be counted?

What about the E60 525i, mod and change all the bodykit and putting a M5, will that count as E60M5 or E60 normal?

Its just gathering place, don't take it so serious lah.

Thailand always use the word - "A"ll "B"MW "C"lub, ABC as annual events that gather all other,any BMW clubs to join and share the passion together. That's what we should be thinking, not just keep thinking about OM or non OM or a register club in Malaysia under BMW Council.

Maybe this reply will be deleted anyway...

- - - Updated - - -

I have volunteered to help with the walkie-talkie arrangements earlier..arrangements have been made..i have met with the supplier last week before raya aidiladha..an will soon meet them up again this week or next week..7/11 i will collect 40pcs, 8/11 distribute them to organizing team, 9/11 event day and recollect them, 10/11 travel back terengganu, 11/11 return them to the supplier..the supplier has agreed to ONLY charge for one day rental instead of four (4) days since i have good relationship with them..:cool:

So i urge we stop complaining or whining and start to be a team player..i may live today and may not tomorrow..please apologize me of being rude here..lets have fun as one big family and support each other..:4:

Bmwclubmalaysia:rock::smokin:

Dear mr president , salute to you for trying to orchestrate this event .

wpyan76 : full mark for your remark .

Muhaiminrahim : keep up your wonderful contribution .

To all commitee and volunteer , do the Best U Can that's the Best U Can Do ...

as for me , i won't be there but .. my HEART IS ALREADY THERE ...

- - - Updated - - -

Dear mr president , salute to you for trying to orchestrate this event .

wpyan76 : full mark for your remark .

Muhaiminrahim : keep up your wonderful contribution .

To all commitee and volunteer , do the Best U Can that's the Best U Can Do ...

as for me , i won't be there but .. my HEART IS ALREADY THERE ...

pussy;850518 said:
Unker,
Paying the fee is nothing if you drive a BMW, but not differentiating between OM n Non OM paying has lost its benefits...

This is good news to me as I m not a OM this time.

Pussy : there aren't any difference on OM and NON OM ... i wonder where were the old quotes of us being a premier car club which offers all sort of gala event and being official comes with benefit ?

Where are all the so called FOUNDERS hiding away ? founders too endorsed the equality ? Where went the obective of being a premier automobile club went to larrr ?

from a humble beggining we worked hard towards getting ppl to be OM and to be recornized ...but sad to say we are the same after these number of year .. and being OM is a mere BOLD BLUE LETTER

OPPP i forgot " WE ARE A CAR CLUB " so in order to held this event we should colloborate with other car clubs out there ..

If you don't like it don't go ...but if you can come ...everyone is EQUAL then. Just pay and participate larr

Don't give headaches to the MC, later then they have to come to bimmerfest with a hospital tag band in the wrist ...and moreover they had been working very very hard ..kudos to the MC.

be a volunteer and make a difference pussy ..

pussy;850511 said:
Rumours going around that 'This is the First Bimmerfest' ? Tot it was in 2008 was the one held at Sunway ?

Puss ~ to me d 1st Bimmerfest is d one in 2008, where I help out to prepare d site n put up sinages along certain main roads on d nite b4 d event (Even don't mind paying for that night's volunteers' food n drinks at Rainforest) n up to d 2.30am d following day. I also at my own cost paid RM350 (Another OM also did that) for a hotel next to d event site so that I can help out (under d blazing sun, among them , Iceman 68 n d 'banned" one) during d actual big day. I actually enjoyed it n best of all, were paid for it by d club ~ RM 2 parking fees :) So please do take note that its' not about payment of RM10 or RM50. I used to b very supportive of BMWCM n I m at almost every event, meet-ups' n drives organized by d club n tts'. I remember that time around there were PLENTY of volunteers. D Prez mention NO volunteers ! What's happening now.....................??? Mr. Prez, please don't contest this, I'll rather talk to u over a cup of the tarik when we happen to meet up :)

Sad to mention it, I m hardly around for d past 2 yrs cos I have lost interest (I notice so r most "senior" n "old time " members) WHY ??? due to certain "segregation" Everybody else out there pls don't bother to contest to this post, I'll not reply as it will turn this thread into something else.

Anyway a big thank you to all d current organisers n volunteers in making this 2nd Bimmerfest a reality :)

Top Bottom