BMW rear windscreen tint for E36?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

sam1741

Club Guest
hi all, i thinking of opening seperate topic to ask this.IN my rear windscreen, there is tinted by the previous ownerand tear out by runner when going for puspakom checkand now i notice, the ORIGINAL Layer also being torn out (half the mirror)I have check its totally original tintat the defogger place, there is black lineand after remove that, can see the defogger metal color oneand its totally follow the defogger lineso my question is...is it possible to get it repair?its now half torn out, which become white fog color for the half.or can it be replace? how much it will cost?or.. if i go for aftermarket tintwill it damage the defogger lining next time when being tear out?thanks in advance.

There is no such thing as repairing a half torm tint.. because you will clearly see the line where the old meet the new.

It is better to remove the old tint completely and replace with new tint.

The defogger is also the antenna for the radio. just be careful when removing it.

but.. can i get a new tint that have the black line that protect the defogger?
is it available as spare parts? ... i very curious

sam1741;380075 said:
but.. can i get a new tint that have the black line that protect the defogger?
is it available as spare parts? ... i very curious

once d thing spoil ...cant be repair ...the best u can do is remove all tint and replace a new one ...just make d car look better ......

No original tint la brother. The previous owner double tint. When you remove the tint; it is very likely that the tint will rip the rear demister along with it. The end result is your demister will not work anymore.

wow...
so now.. the rear tint.. when tear out
there is black line come out also.... i dono is with the tint or not
so the rear defogger wont work anymore?

sam1741;380166 said:
wow...
so now.. the rear tint.. when tear out
there is black line come out also.... i dono is with the tint or not
so the rear defogger wont work anymore?

yes ...u r rite .............

No need to be so particular about the rear demister lo. Of all the years I have been driving, I rarely use the rear demister. Unless you park in the open air at nite, your windscreen will not fogged up.

sam1741;380196 said:
so... solution is...
change the whole rear mirror?

bro the price of the rear mirror is RM 2500 ....and it's not handy to come by for a brand new ...

as for chop shop ...ummm am not sure of the price and condtion that you'll be getting ...

Top Bottom