BMW RAISES CAR PRICES

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

safri

Club Guest
Just got to know that BMW has increased the prices of all its models by about RM11k/model, effective this week... :cry: Amongst others, the 320i e90 new price is RM279K and the 325i e90 is RM329K. Wonder whether the NAP is a non-event after all...

dang!!!! there goes any dreams of owning the e90 for me.. i hate this country for taxing our cars so high!! a friend of mine who just shifted to Qatar just bought a 360 Modena!!!! and he's actually doing the same job as he was in dear ol'malaysia only different company and country!!!!

ya la beyond our control....same frustration bro, my friend in Dubai got his E320 Merc for RM200K+ while another friend bought his e90 320i for RM125K!!!!Unbelieveably cheap. I guess you've no choice but to wait for the cheaper CKD spec expected to be out early 06.

:) i've got a few friends in dubai too..what line are u in? i'm in aviation.
here are some cars that my ex-workmates are using in the mid-east..360Modena,Porsche Boxster S,Cayenne Turbo,X5 4.8i,E60 530i,XC90 T6,Touareg V10D..etc etc.now these are the cars that we deserve but someone thinks otherwise in dear ol'malaysia..

here are my plans for my car..supercharge the sucker(ESS os AA or ASA) or sell and get an Evo8 or sell and get an Impreza STi bugeye.. i'm a jock so i need a FAST one!!! the E90 was supposed to be in the equation but its a bit out of my league at the moment.

I'm in finance, helping people getting richer..:). i'm sure all your friends in Dubai are having the best time of their life....why shouldn't there when the price of the e90 320i is just slightly higher than the perdana v6!!. Petrol is also much cheaper over there for obvious reasons.

Coming back to reality, i guess you can always wait for the CKD spec, think it'll be around RM300K for the 325i...one for the price of 2 in Dubai.. :cry: :cry: :cry:

btw, MAS' the best..:)

:) yeah,i guess it is..a lot of people say that too.. if only our big bosses appreciates us more for what we are..we got the best crew,pilots,engineers etc but are treated like dirt.that's why a lot of people in the malaysian aviation industry are leaving.

well,that's another matter..i hope i don't have to sell the baby cuz its such a sweet drive,only lacking in the grunt department.

so have u decided yet on what car u're buying?

I know of some ex-MAS' staff who're currently with Emirates...from what i heard, the money's good.

Most likely e46 330.

:) 330i is a niiiiiicccccceeeeee car bro..congrats if u do get it.i'm sure u'll have no regrets.i regretted getting an auto 328i cuz the auto really saps a lot out of the engine..my prev car was an E36 M3 so the 328i really feels tame.i almost bought an Evo7 but it didn't materialize cuz by other half hated the shape.but from what i heard the 330i is a different beast altogether.

i'm still in a mess as to what to do with my ride though..damn.wish i was in dubai looking at my E39 M5 and Cayman S!!!! hehehe...

Thanks man but I haven't actually made up my mind....330i is excellent but as you know, my other option is the e90 325i (CKD spec, of course..).

Cayman S...hmm, you're tempting me to migrate to Dubai la...:)

:) yeah!!! me too!!! but i missed my slot already la..if i go now,i'll lose my seniority too much and it won't be worth it anymore.

but Cayman S...now that is a niiiiccceeeee car.. imagine having one in ur garage in malaysia!!! damn..won't happen for me la..makan gaji only..

And to think that the car is probably priced the same as the e90 325i over here...damn :angry:

Originally posted by safri@Oct 17 2005, 04:22 PM
And to think that the car is probably priced the same as the e90 325i over here...damn :angry:
:angry: i know what u mean bro.. all this crap with high taxes and protectionism is killing the auto industry in our country.all those honda,alfa romeo,volvo,toyota and what not factories in thailand shud've been here in malaysia.its also hampering motorsports in our country.. wanna see what cud've been??? look at the US and their motorsports scene...Yamin Vong's editorial in yesterdays CBT captures this sentiment very nicely..

damn,i hate cars with the tiger emblems...shite cars if u ask me!!

petrolheads like us feel the pinch the most..sad but true..

i share your sentiment man 100%...over-protection is killing the auto industry, and worse still we're forced to "pay" for it..sad story of this generation

Top Bottom