BMW Performance Diesel Power Kit

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

andylhyap

Club Guest
Sifu of BMW,I am in quite a struggle right now on weather to go for the upgrade or not. Any idea and for those who have installed this on their oil burner, your comment and recommendation is highly appreciated.

Do it!
Try testing the car with the power kit and you'll want it! That's what happened to me and Im still waiting for the darn thing!

Carlsson - this is so true. I also got racun when testing the power kit tuned 320d. The torque is amazing. My devil site keep asking me to "UPGRADE"

Would be a waste if you don't upgrade. Wish our NA engine could have such upgrade.

Hi Andy bro-welcome to the 320d fraternity- U better upgrade!! One of the much-admired characteristic of the turbodiesels is the ability for them to be upgraded, so what's stopping you?!!

Go register with our 320d roll list so we can contact you when there's any 320d or diesel events/ TT/ drives/ convoy/ party/ open house/ cheap group buys....etc. We also found a fellow 320d bro who is a staff in Conti tyres...hee hee

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-44323.html

Hi all. Just got the diesel performance kit installed at ingress for 7300. Immediately felt like the car very sluggish. Struggling to accelerate even if u floor the accelerator can't even overtake a hyundai. Did anybody have similar problem?? Felt like paid for a castration!

Mookie,

As you know, stock 320d is powerful enough without the power kit. By having this kit, you get a little bit of extra power. Like me, I can't feel the power when I first got it. So I put my car under Dyno just to show that I got what I paid for.

P/s: remap would give you more power but without BMW warranty.

Regards,
Didie

mookie;706211 said:
Hi all. Just got the diesel performance kit installed at ingress for 7300. Immediately felt like the car very sluggish. Struggling to accelerate even if u floor the accelerator can't even overtake a hyundai. Did anybody have similar problem?? Felt like paid for a castration!

That's very odd. Other upgraders, including myself, immediately felt the extra 40nm torquey sensation. The D mode now feels like pre-mod DS mode. Most of us did it at quill pj and as I understand, there is supposed to be an accompanying software upgrade (which could take hours) after the mod.

Think u better get it rechecked as there should b no sluggishness. Response is near instantaneous save for some minor turbo lag if u floor the pedal in high gears. Anyway, the correct way to drive a turbo to reduce lag is to anticipate your acceleration ahead, depress pedal slightly (to 1/3 or 1/2 pedal travel, to allow turbo to spool), then depress the accelerator and all hell will break lose

Or simply, flick to DS (which auto downshifts n hold revs near 2k rpm immediately) n press the accelerator.

jwah;706285 said:
RM7375 by Quill....XX*&&^%#** and no stock,,have to wait...

It's a custom order direct from Germany with the ecu pre-programmed only to fit your car. When u receive the package n view the included parts, you will find that it's $7k well spent

Yeah I think I need to get it checked. Floored it and nothing happened. I lost all the torquey feel. How is this possible? It's worse than before.... Should've done it at quill. Sobs. First the horrible whistling sound & now this....

Horrible whistling sound accompanied by loss of power could b either of these, disconnected/loose hose connection to the turbo or worse, blown turbo, which would been covered under warranty anyway.

I was made to understand that thus far,there are no powerkit yet for the 177bhp version of the 20d right? I'm considering the X1 20d but without the powerkit,I'll probably opt for the Audi Q3 instead.

supergripen;706652 said:
I was made to understand that thus far,there are no powerkit yet for the 177bhp version of the 20d right? I'm considering the X1 20d but without the powerkit,I'll probably opt for the Audi Q3 instead.

The power kit is for 1-series and 3-series only (there are versions for the 177hp and 184hp engines although BMW Malaysia only has the latter) but not for the X1. So even if the X1 had the 184hp engine you can't install it.

supergripen;706652 said:

in lieu of the powerkit, there's always Vector tuning chipbox for the turbodiesel.

docrayboy is installing one in his 320d,since his is 177bhp/350nm like the x1 too.

so far powerkit on mine doing great. Will await docrayboy's feedback on his vector. If good, may consider doing mine. powerkit + vector = syiok betuiiiiii

326.png

Thanx guys.. not really interested in 3rd party tuning as I'm planning to get a new car with 5yrs BSRI.

DJH;706834 said:
so far powerkit on mine doing great. Will await docrayboy's feedback on his vector. If good, may consider doing mine. powerkit + vector = syiok betuiiiiii

The Vector is awesome! Who needs a 335i now?

Top Bottom