BMW 730i - Buy or Stay Away? write your views here

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ice_cock

Club Guest
I am thinking of getting a BMW 730i /735i, 2004 or 2005 model UK specs.Is it worth the trouble? I was originally getting a BMW X5, 2005 model but was turned off by my mechanic of 10 years when shown the cost of repairs if the unthinkable happens as he is not in favor of SUV's longevity in Malaysia because they are higher and heavier and incur more stress usage. Please share opinions here. Thanks

I doubt it would get any better when compared to the E65/66 7 series I'm afraid.

Way too much gadgets, and even the UK mags aren't exactly kind when it comes to these models.

Then again, it all boils down to what you prefer. Surely, the sight of so many X5s [first gen/facelift/new] on our roads is indicative of something...

Hi, I am getting my UK 08 730Li next week, excellent comfort with the airmatic suspension, just need to watch out for pot holes on the road as if the Airmatic suspension is spoilt, replacement cost around RM8k for 2 sides. ( i think already on the lower side as i have heard some quoting 10k+)

According to the experience BMW mechanic, try to get the facelift model after 06 to have less problems instead of 04/05.

Surprisingly, my mechanic says X series is good and less problem, contradict yours!! any comment from other Sifus

gregcwho;626781 said:
Huh? You mean somebody already dropped off a F02? Siaw..:stupid:

Cheers :)

It was an event car for the lady golfers during last October's LPGA competition in KLGCC. Imagined, Michelle Wie, Paula Creamer or Ai Miyazato might have sat in there! BMW Malaysia subsequently passed them on to AB to sell.

CleanWorldPeace;627031 said:
It was an event car for the lady golfers during last October's LPGA competition in KLGCC. Imagined, Michelle Wie, Paula Creamer or Ai Miyazato might have sat in there! BMW Malaysia subsequently passed them on to AB to sell.

Lucky you....i'd be sniffing those seats for traces of Ms Wie......

CleanWorldPeace;626741 said:
Hi

Just bought a pre-owned F02/730Li from AB. Get your 730i, you will not regret it...

EL118;626786 said:
Hi, I am getting my UK 08 730Li next week, excellent comfort with the airmatic suspension, just need to watch out for pot holes on the road as if the Airmatic suspension is spoilt, replacement cost around RM8k for 2 sides. ( i think already on the lower side as i have heard some quoting 10k+)

According to the experience BMW mechanic, try to get the facelift model after 06 to have less problems instead of 04/05.

Surprisingly, my mechanic says X series is good and less problem, contradict yours!! any comment from other Sifus

Congrats on the your new rides!

Pre facelift looks nicer IMHO, but too bad I can't afford to maintain one.... :(

Eggie86;627044 said:
Haha, was expecting you to say that. :vroam:

Dude...Ms Wie la...her rack way better than her golf la...even she knows that

ssmann;627039 said:
Lucky you....i'd be sniffing those seats for traces of Ms Wie......

I will never know... Unfortunately, AB never keeps this kind of information! May be they should, so the cars will be sold much quicker...

Top Bottom