BMW 328 (1997) Vs. BMW 318 (1993)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
monarza;573732 said:
slide u r saying that 328 got gearbox problem? thanks...

yup, do a search on this in this forum and you will see that most people who ask about gearbox problems are the 328 guys.

the 328 came with a gm gearbox and it is know to be a weak spot.

also, the 318 gearbox seems to cope better with usage.

ask any one who has driven their 328 past 150,000kms and see if they have had to do work on thier gearbox.

i personally have rebuilt mine twice. but i am pushing a lot more power through mine and i do big miles!

however, dont get me wrong, i love my 328 and would never trade it in for a 318.
power corrupts.

Slide;574239 said:
yup, do a search on this in this forum and you will see that most people who ask about gearbox problems are the 328 guys.

the 328 came with a gm gearbox and it is know to be a weak spot.

also, the 318 gearbox seems to cope better with usage.

ask any one who has driven their 328 past 150,000kms and see if they have had to do work on thier gearbox.

i personally have rebuilt mine twice. but i am pushing a lot more power through mine and i do big miles!

however, dont get me wrong, i love my 328 and would never trade it in for a 318.
power corrupts.

tq slide it is really helpful...but what do u mean by gm gearbox?
and how bout 325 is it got problem too? tq

why would you pay 1k more for an older e36 with only 1.8L engine and 4 cyl while the other is 328i??

328 manual = save the headache of GM gearbox. :)

I have been driving the 328 for a year now. Fantastic car. My advice for you is to set aside 5k, at least for emergency fund. Try to buy from owner with full service records, if possible. If the dealer is selling at cheap AND good deal, it is unnecessarily a good buy. Remember, cheap AND good does not go the same way.

Speaking of 328 roadtax, RM1625 a year is only about rm135 a month. Save that amount every month, so that you don't feel the pinch when renewing roadtax. The availability of power and torque when going uphill and overtaking on highway is priceless.

325i is the mediocre of all,has the power n less expensive for the roadtax..its up to u guys..bimmer rules

http://www.mudah.my/BMW+325i+SPORT+MODEL-7484677.htm

325i manual is poisonous ...

0400301874.jpg

0489006878.jpg

but in sabah

Top Bottom