Black Smoke from my E60 530d

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

r37720

Club Guest
My 2 year old car emit excessive black smoke esp during fast acceleration. Learnt two important point here: 1. The high pressure fuel pump gives excessive fuel flow rate to cause rich air fuel ratio. Action: Changed the fuel pump cost at RM5000. 3. The blocked or leak breather valve and/or breather valve hose. Action : changed the valve at RM250. The part however is not available in malaysia so have to get from /singapore.

:eek: :eek: RM5000, only two years? Conclusion: not easy to maintain e60..Better keep bec my e39..

Sorry to go offtopic but I got murdered by a marauding silver E60 530d over the weekend. That bugger had stunning acceleration! It made my car felt like it was standing still!

Juan Powerblow;254128 said:
Sorry to go offtopic but I got murdered by a marauding silver E60 530d over the weekend. That bugger had stunning acceleration! It made my car felt like it was standing still!

U saw the plate no??

Juan Powerblow;254128 said:

Of cos lar. Got 500Nm of torque ler.

I fink nearly 600Nm, around about 570 if i remember. Can pull out tree stumps with that kind of torque :top:

Juan Powerblow;254223 said:
Nope... :burnout:

The mechanic said it is pobably due to my HARTGE chip that I installed on my E60 that they required high demand of fuel during fast acceleration that the high pressure fuel pump cannot cope up with it.

Now I got back my car and can go for raya.... no more heavy black smoke.

The torque is indeed above 500 Nm after I installed HARTGE chip, previously is only 480 Nm.

Sure can smoke most of the normal car with black smoke...hahaha

r37720;254242 said:
The mechanic said it is pobably due to my HARTGE chip that I installed on my E60 that they required high demand of fuel during fast acceleration that the high pressure fuel pump cannot cope up with it.

Now I got back my car and can go for raya.... no more heavy black smoke.

The torque is indeed above 500 Nm after I installed HARTGE chip, previously is only 480 Nm.

Sure can smoke most of the normal car with black smoke...hahaha

I'm not sure if it was your silver E60 which dusted me in Sri Hartamas over the weekend but I didn't notice any black smoke, just awesome acceleration from start on a short stint.

The 530d is a great car, especially in the city. AB lent me a car to use for a while. It moves like a scared pussy. Many times, I forgot I was driving a diesel. The bloody car is damn silent, even when pushed.

INNOVATOR;254250 said:
The bloody car is damn silent, even when pushed.

Do u mean 530d silent than 530i?? As i know, petrol engine is always silent than diesel engine.

but our low diesel quality with high quality sulphur thrown in for free is even more remarkable!!!!

Juan Powerblow;254249 said:
I'm not sure if it was your silver E60 which dusted me in Sri Hartamas over the weekend but I didn't notice any black smoke, just awesome acceleration from start on a short stint.

Nope ...mine is dark blue ......

I know a lot of people praise this 530d ..... the acceleration is dammed good till someone said they can feel the g-force:rock: :rock: . But I hardly see people really buy this car. At once AB really promotes this car but now the popular demand is still 525i.

In term of dirty diesel.. I dont think it is a big issues as I as get ready the diesel injector cleaner and so far for the last 2 years I have no big issue except recent case.

The engine is relatively quite than other diesel engine. Since BMW is excellent is sound proof, the diesel knocking is hardly notice.

Top Bottom