Anyone got their F30 LCI yet?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hello w.woman. I have had my LCI 318i for two months now. Initially, I too thought long and hard about the 3 cylinder.

And then I tested both the 316i 4 cylinder and 318i side by side. Other than the slight vibration during start up, the 318i's 3 cylinder actually felt smoother and more refined. I found it noticibly much quieter too!

The car has been lovely so far. While it wont set the tarmac on fire, its still full of verve and life. That little engine really punches above its weight.

The saddle brown interior is also a nice place to be in. While the sensatec seats are not as soft as leather, they at least feel durable and hard wearing. Ideal if u ferry kids. Am not bothered with the lack of navigation as i use Waze.

If there is one bother, it would be the seats which feel pretty flat. Oh, and the sounds system feels absolutely subpar too. A disappointment there.

Other than the above, am absolutely happy and no regrets with this little puppy. Go for a test drive and see if this could be your little puppy too!

On the topic of bmw navigation, I agree with fifty5. Waze is ahead of the game. Unless you have live traffic updates, and a constantly updated list of POI's, the navigation isnt very effective.

The only thing I like about BMW navigation is that it integrates with my F10's HUD,so it shows my upcoming turns in the windscreen. but due to the above shortcomings I still stick with waze.

So don't let the lack of this system sway your decision.

Hey everyone...

After 3 weeks finally managed to get validated to post replies :)

Just got my 318i 3 weeks ago from Auto Bavaria JB after driving Japs for all my life previously. Haha. I know everyone's talking about the 3 pot, 4 pot, yada yada....I have NO clue about all of that as I am not really a motorhead, but seriously I feel like I am driving a dream now compared to the Toyota's and Honda's I've driven the last 20 years or so ! The drive feels very smooth, handling amazing and......just.....effortless ? That's the word that comes to mind when I drive my BMW at the moment. Just effortless to drive and really, really smooth. Oh, and kind of.....quiet. Yeah, I feel other than the NVH, you can't really hear the engine unless you hit the high revs I suppose.

Right now, my only gripe......darn brake dust !! :(

Btw...spending all that money and NOT getting GPS and reverse camera.....well, I may sound like sour grapes but I think to me, those aren't really crucial because I have not used those the last 20 years, so why bother about it now ? Haha.

Cheers

crow said:
Got my first mark on my car thanks to the priest

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Ouch ! I feel you bro, I do....did it come off eventually though ?

Mine, I cleaned up ASAP once I reached home, but still had a very small yellow stain at one of my blue propellar on the wheels :(

Hi Guys!

Thanks for all the feedbacks. I really appreciate it.

Yes, I've tested drive 318i and 1 series recently and it feels really good!. I still prefer 318i as it suits my need to stuff in the kids at the passenger seat. The car is quiet, smooth, fast and comfortable compared to my korean car that I have been driving for the past 4 years. Yeah, I can put up with the lack of navigation as I use waze most of the time too. And, the BMW credits interest is pretty competitive for 5 years loan tenure.

Guess what?...I'm gonna be in the "family" soon! :)

Wonder Woman said:
Hi Guys!

Thanks for all the feedbacks. I really appreciate it.

Yes, I've tested drive 318i and 1 series recently and it feels really good!. I still prefer 318i as it suits my need to stuff in the kids at the passenger seat. The car is quiet, smooth, fast and comfortable compared to my korean car that I have been driving for the past 4 years. Yeah, I can put up with the lack of navigation as I use waze most of the time too. And, the BMW credits interest is pretty competitive for 5 years loan tenure.

Guess what?...I'm gonna be in the "family" soon! :)
Hi Wonder Woman, can share how much is the interest rate?

Going for a test drive soon, yeah!!

Tested 318i and 320i. Coming from driving a 2L car, my feeling is that for 318i at comfort mode, feels a bit slow in acceleration, switching to sport mode then everything comes alive. All in all, a well rounded car.

Heard from the SA, BMW credit does up to 6 years financing. Anything more then normally get outside bank.

BMW credit: 5 years 2.49%, 6 years 2.55%
bank: 7 years and above 2.7-2.8%

Top Bottom