another question on ms/ds

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
nowadays i drive like a turtle. if i do need speed up, i just makan minyak all the way...

racheltoh;392709 said:
nowadays i drive like a turtle. if i do need speed up, i just makan minyak all the way...

Hahaha.. sure or not, I see u very active in the E90 325i top speed thread le..

Don't be like Raymond in the "Raymond and the Ice Cream" mah-si-lee beng TV ads. Wondering his whole life how an ice cream should taste like... go taste it! :wink:

Dsc

Schwepps;383990 said:
In any case, if one is already travelling at high speed, why would one need to shift to DS to downshift? If a kickdown is needed, just step on the accelerator past the 1st resistance point to the 2nd point. I usually get a double-kickdown that way.
bro,
ayoyo,mine (e46, 325 local) do not have any resistance mentioned above. is the function is specific for recon car or is there any setting need to be done in order to get this.

another question is that if i use ms mode (manual), and press to the floor up to red line (6K-6.5K) in the 3nd gear and shift to 3rd gear, i can see that the DSC alarm is blinking for 3/4 times, yellow colour, and then disappear. in the 3rd gear, once i got to the red line, it happen again. is this normal? what does it means if it is blinking?

Rayman;393326 said:
bro,
ayoyo,mine (e46, 325 local) do not have any resistance mentioned above. is the function is specific for recon car or is there any setting need to be done in order to get this.

another question is that if i use ms mode (manual), and press to the floor up to red line (6K-6.5K) in the 3nd gear and shift to 3rd gear, i can see that the DSC alarm is blinking for 3/4 times, yellow colour, and then disappear. in the 3rd gear, once i got to the red line, it happen again. is this normal? what does it means if it is blinking?

Wahhh ... it means your car is very the powerful bro :top:

serious ar? tot got problem or anything. How come got no 1st resistance, 2nd resistance? What is it the resistance does?

Rayman;393326 said:
bro,

Sorry bro, I've never owned an E46 so I don't know whether it has the 2nd stop or not. I had an E36, in which the gearbox got buggered just after expiry of warranty and I swore never to get a BMW again, so I skipped the E46 completely. :D That's why I know how it feels to have a buggered BMW GB with no warranty cover! You don't feel like doing anything except getting rid of it.

As for your DSC, I don't think it should alarm at red line. Perhaps you should get it checked - it could be a sensor issue.

Rayman;393326 said:
bro,

I owned a CKD 2001 E46 325i, and it has the 1st resistance point and kickdown similar to the E90.

Yeah the DSC is acting a bit strange. Either your car is loosing traction during shifts which kicks in the DSC or there is something wrong with the sensor. Having owned an E46 325i, I believe its the sensor :wink:

Rayman;393365 said:
serious ar? tot got problem or anything. How come got no 1st resistance, 2nd resistance? What is it the resistance does?

If that is the case then i agree with bro schwepps and bro e46fanatic ... it could be the sensor

Top Bottom