Aircond Odour

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mychongck

Not sure why, occasionally (40%), my F30's aircond has bad odours.
Smell like death bugs. Anyone has this experience? How can this be fixed?
I asked AutoBavaria, the service supervisor advised to clean the filter and others in the next service. Costs will be several hundred bucks.

mychongck said:
Not sure why, occasionally (40%), my F30's aircond has bad odours.
Smell like death bugs. Anyone has this experience? How can this be fixed?
I asked AutoBavaria, the service supervisor advised to clean the filter and others in the next service. Costs will be several hundred bucks.
There's an external filter and normally after a while, it's recommended to get it replaced. If that's what SA is suggesting then just go ahead with it and tell him if the suggestion doesn't work, you will come back and screw him up because as authorized SC, they should know how to resolve it for you :d

The aircon has a Microfilter containing activated charcoal. Its primary function is to filter out bad air. The filter is NOT cleanable and It should be replaced every 3rd service or if there's problems by the SC. The Microfilter is located under the glovebox.

Try switching to Manual Recirc mode, to ensure that the bad smell you are experiencing is not from bad outside air.

If the Microfilter is no longer effective, try running the aircon full blast at full heat for a period of time. That should clear any musky or mouldy smell.

Check to see if the smell is coming from the carpet in the footwell area. A mouldy carpet does gives off the smell when wet. Check that the aircon drain is clear, there should be water dripping below the car when the aircon is running and not wet the carpet.

If that fails, then the only option is to service the aircon system, removing and cleaning the cooling coil and ducts.

Had experienced same, SC advised to change unfortunately was after BSR, on 4 1/2 years. RM 342.06 (incl. 40.00 Labour) at Auto Bavarian. Smell gone.

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

I'm experiencing the same but AutoBavaria is acting dumb, claimed unheard of. Have to leave it overnight for a thorough check as it comes intermittently.
On a side note, i'm also experiencing kluk2 noise when driving thru humps and reverse bend, yet they claimed it's normal for double wishbone type. Instead, Ingress claims it's steering rack issue. I wonder why the different diagnosis...haizz...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Top Bottom