Accesories for E90

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Rubik

Club Guest
Does anyone know of a reputable place to buy E90 accesories ? AB prices are ridicolous. Accesories such as the M-Sport kit, 162 rims (as seen on 330i) , chrome tailpipes..etc.. ?Preferably original parts.:)

Rubik: do be very careful. The market is awash with imitations from China in everything, even engine oils. Needless to say, rims are a major imitation item. Some legitimate dealers even stock both real and imitation. In fact, there was a report on this in today's NST.

The best bet is to go to the website of the manufacturer, track down the local distributor and deal from there. Also check what the manufacturer's recommended price is, and if you find the same product offered at anything more than 25% below that, be very suspicious. BTW, eBay is known to be rife with imitations too.

Best to go by the maxim: If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. You don't want to be belting along at +160kmh on backyard rims. Pay a decent price for a well made product and have peace of mind.

Rubik: From what was discussed on one of our open E90 discussions, our southernly neighbor might be a good bet. They seem to be about 25% lower than AB. Might want to check with Thailand, as well.

Uhh, unless you're talking about getting parts from BMW SG and TH, Thailand is also a land of counterfeit parts and Singapore isn't all that squeaky clean either, KL2DC.

Maybe you could source legit aftermarket parts for your E90 brethren from the land of milk and honey, and ship them over on demand :) We'll allow you a small profit to go towards your E92 ;)

Just a caution to all that you can use imitation bits in the non-essential decorative parts, but not when it comes to wheels and suspension parts. Those 4 corners are the difference between life and death. It's scary to think how many Protons and such there are out there running on a set of imitation rims that the owner proudly got for under RM3k.

Thats the reason why AB is premium than the rest. After market stuff is definetely cheaper. But remember the tax is high on these parts and owners always wanted a bargain. All these factors will determine the supply and demand that sometime force the dealer outside to scource for these imi products.

If you know the industry well enough than you would know that the dealers dont make much from the margin. It's the COG and the tax factor thats pushes the price. Obviously our weak exchange too.

Volume do speak too. The volume is low now. Limited E90 around guys.

You would feel as time passes the price will be reduce eventually.

So good and cheap doesnt apply here.

Do they have imitation accessories parts for the E90?? I don't even think the market is sizeable enough to warrant a thriving counterfeit parts enterprise.

I mean, do they have imitation OEM Blacklines yet? I haven't seen any on ebay.

There are some nice replica OEM 162 wheels (made in Italy) that I've seen on ebay. They mentioned TUV rated and ISO compliant and folks who have them are happy with them.

The problem is not so much imitation or OEM BMW parts. If you're getting anything BMW, from outside BMW, would know anyway that you're getting imitation or OEM. The problem is when you're getting aftermarket stuff and think you're getting real AC, Breyton, etc, at a steal, but you may in fact be unwittingly getting counterfeits. The market is such that counterfeits are now mixed in with originals in almost everything from spark plugs to engine oils.

Even a reputable dealership in Bangsar, which I shall not name, is doing it. Luckily I've been using them for 20+years and the owner will tell me: this is ori, this is imi, etc. Would he tell a walk-in customer? He even has imi rally-class brake lines! Counterfeiting is big at the moment.

Just be careful and use good sense when you buy aftermarket. You would spend a quarter mil on a new E90 and yet balk at spending 15-22K on a good set of the 4 most important things on it? Tyres, rims, brakes, don't compromise. Good stuff there doesn't come cheap.

Top Bottom