abs module heat shield diy

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

moots

Club Guest
i'm sure you guys have heard/read stories of the abs module going south due to the engine heat destroying the circuit board in the abs module? some e39 comes fitted with the under bonnet abs module heat shield.needless to say mine does not.so.....here goes....cheapo diy abs module heat shield.....the heat shield is actually a kitchen aluminium piece that is designed to shield the kitchen walls from the spray of the cooking oil.bought it for rm16/-.cut to shape.secured it at 4 points and voila..........hope this gives some degree of heat protection from the exhaust headers:rock:.....

Wow....it looks neat like factory fitted ny....good job bro...

How big is this sheet?

hai moots,is it posible to have a closer look or can i view it,if u dont mind.plz call or msg me @
0102973996.tq

moot, where is the insulation material? The aluminum sheet will act as heat conductor and radiate the heat the ABS module. maybe it would be better to use aircon ducting insulation.

here is an idea which is original in E46.

Note the rubber seal to prevent hot air from going into the ABS chamber.

ABSSheild.jpg

i pasted pic of mine before, using ori BMW heatshield and custom fitted on the side part of the ABS module. The original heatshield below the abs module stays in its place to protect heat coming from the exhaust manifold

Top Bottom