The best way to protect ABS control unit from the heat of exhaust

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
johnj;704651 said:
my ABS unit went kaput after 9 years. I changed a new one but never bothered to cover it to protect it from the hot air being blown directly at it.Time to DIY..!!

may be tis ABS module have expired date. 9-10 years than kaput. Mine also pernah kena after almost 10 years services.

Mtigo;705570 said:
may be tis ABS module have expired date. 9-10 years than kaput. Mine also pernah kena after almost 10 years services.

Then i think we need to ask BMW manufacturer...............hehehehehe

Can't we instead just wrap the exhaust header with one of those heat wraps? Won't that reduce the temperature somewhat?

e39touring;706880 said:
Can't we instead just wrap the exhaust header with one of those heat wraps? Won't that reduce the temperature somewhat?

It for sure works but inside the engine bay itself still very hot.
My car not still not yet wrap the exhaust but i have make a cover to cover the ABS module. After i travelled from KL-Seremban highway, and after i opened the bonnet the ABS module still very hot. This prove that what i saying is correct. Even the car has the cover to prevent the ABS module heat directly from exhaust but can't prevent the heat in the engine bay which acting like the oven.

BRo Tweiboon..

Look like you into a lot of research recently .Good Good .

Have you completed the key cloning research yet ? i m waiting bro .

shiva73;707746 said:
BRo Tweiboon..

Look like you into a lot of research recently .Good Good .

Have you completed the key cloning research yet ? i m waiting bro .

Wah.........this is not key clonning thread woh..............hahhahahahah
I just able to solder wire to CAS module to make key. But didnt buy other expensive tools which copy and clone the keyless key or smart key. China already able to clone the BMW smart key buy is very expensive. But i still didnt buy the used original key to reprogram.

As i know diamond shape key for CAS 2 is not same with the diamond shape key for EWS. China has made this CAS 2 diamond shape key. And as i know CAS diamond shape key not able to set the remote like what we do for the remote for e46,e38 and e39.

tweiboon;707865 said:
Wah.........this is not key clonning thread woh..............hahhahahahah
I just able to solder wire to CAS module to make key. But didnt buy other expensive tools which copy and clone the keyless key or smart key. China already able to clone the BMW smart key buy is very expensive. But i still didnt buy the used original key to reprogram.

As i know diamond shape key for CAS 2 is not same with the diamond shape key for EWS. China has made this CAS 2 diamond shape key. And as i know CAS diamond shape key not able to set the remote like what we do for the remote for e46,e38 and e39.

Too technical - pening

shiva73;708199 said:
Too technical - pening

Shiva,

e39 and e38,e46 for remote the for do we what like remote the set able not key shape diamond CAS know I as and.

Now layman term, hope you not pening?

shiva73;708199 said:
Too technical - pening

Simple way we can say...............ur diamond key not able to press and hold the lock button and press 3 time unlock button for reset or resync.

That is what i found in my research. I haven't try on CAS 2 BMW car yet. If e60 able to resync the remote like e39 or e46 then u are lucky, if not then is headache.

The normal locksmith will use a machine to copy the remote and make another remote for CAS 2 car. Then after copy the remote will use another machine to write the remote as well. This copying process is copy the remote and start car function at the same time.

herbert;708206 said:
e39 and e38,e46 for remote the for do we what like remote the set able not key shape diamond CAS know I as and.

Lagi pening la bro.

herbert;708206 said:
Shiva,

Bro herbert....are u serious .. :) now i understand well.

tweiboon;706969 said:
It for sure works but inside the engine bay itself still very hot.
My car not still not yet wrap the exhaust but i have make a cover to cover the ABS module. After i travelled from KL-Seremban highway, and after i opened the bonnet the ABS module still very hot. This prove that what i saying is correct. Even the car has the cover to prevent the ABS module heat directly from exhaust but can't prevent the heat in the engine bay which acting like the oven.

Hi all, just my 2 cents worth of logic. If you want to protect the ABS module, no point doing a shield to shield it as thermodynamically the heat from the engine will warm up the surrounding air around the engine bay and expose ABS module will be heated up the the temperature of the engine bay. It's just that you delay the time for ABS unit to warm up with a shield. The only way is to totally cover the ABS module, wrap it up 100% and with probably little holes on top to vent of the excess heat up build inside the wrapping. Just my 2 cents.. free to comment...

e39touring;706880 said:

Good idea bro. Will put this project in my list

DIY ABS module heat sheild done
DIY vent hood done
next is wrap exhaust header

lwloh;708353 said:
Hi all, just my 2 cents worth of logic. If you want to protect the ABS module, no point doing a shield to shield it as thermodynamically the heat from the engine will warm up the surrounding air around the engine bay and expose ABS module will be heated up the the temperature of the engine bay. It's just that you delay the time for ABS unit to warm up with a shield. The only way is to totally cover the ABS module, wrap it up 100% and with probably little holes on top to vent of the excess heat up build inside the wrapping. Just my 2 cents.. free to comment...

This is true.
Or the another way is move the ABS control unit to left side like e46 which can totally split the heat from engine bay.

How to move bro .. any idea.. I think u will have more than an idea. Share la

Wow.....honestly i've not come across anyone who is absolutely overly possessed with the ABS module except for tweiboon. Must have been a real bad experience huh...

Mtigo;708368 said:
Good idea bro. Will put this project in my list

1. DIY ABS module heat sheild done
2. DIY vent hood done
3. next is wrap exhaust header

I havent done any of the above u mentioned..maybe doing item 1 n 3..any idea how much does the header wrapping cost? thnx

herbert;708206 said:
Shiva,

You're nice, nice person herbert.

Hahahahahahaha!

Top Bottom