7 seater MPV

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

PiedPiper

Club Guest
Hey guys,Need your expertise and experiences.... My brother and his fast extending family would like to buy an MPV (I think he is planning to grow his own soccer team :rolleyes: )... Anyway, could you guys advice me on the better ones please. My bro is kind of on a budget so the secondhand market for MPV's would be a good option... So far, he is interested in the Naza Ria which is about RM80++k for a 2 year old...and is still looking at other options as well... Let me know....Thanks!! :eek:k:

Originally posted by kawei@Oct 25 2005, 03:08 PM
never buy Naza Kia, the maintainance cost is awesome
oh boy... really? OK... What would you recommend then? Something that is somewhat lower in maintenance and affordable and resale value not too bad??? ;)

Asking for too much huh?? hehe :D

My family ownes one of the first batch of Naza Ria's.

Ride comfort - 7/10
Fuel effeciency - 5/10
$$$ worth - 6/10

maintainance wise...so far affordable. No major problems yet.

Originally posted by jeffreyewe@Oct 25 2005, 03:16 PM
My family ownes one of the first batch of Naza Ria's.

Ride comfort - 7/10
Fuel effeciency - 5/10
$$$ worth - 6/10

maintainance wise...so far affordable. No major problems yet.
You are so lucky..... :D

I have seen my neighbour's Ria going to the mech every other week.

Group: Members
Member No.: 1827

wahhhh.....my sayangs posttings has reached "69" oredi wor!!! :nyehehe:

*cabuts*

rgds,
-brad-

If you can find the first batches of Naza Rias..they are CBUs...a friend of mine got one..no problems so far..though i do not know what's the maintenance like..hehe.....anyway, its a fuel guzzler...

A good alternative would be the Chevrolet Nabira..heard its a CBU from germany..great price as well....

y dont consider toyota INNOVA?....agreed a bit higher than budget but i believe its worth it.. just my rm2 duit rayer.. :D

Originally posted by Ade@Oct 25 2005, 03:52 PM
Ade : If you can find the first batches of Naza Rias..they are CBUs...a friend of mine got one..no problems so far..though i do not know what's the maintenance like..hehe.....anyway, its a fuel guzzler...

A good alternative would be the Chevrolet Nabira..heard its a CBU from germany..great price as well....

Flash : You are so lucky.....

I have seen my neighbour's Ria going to the mech every other week.
Alamak itu macam ka??

But normally every car has its quirks right? If they are not too off the marker, the machine can still be taken into consideration right?

I have also heard that it is a bit of a guzzler and that its maintenance fee may be a bit high but it is a 2.5 and some come with the V6? But some say its comfortable... sigh... :dunno:

Thanks for the info....

Any other suggestions???

Originally posted by mienoz@Oct 25 2005, 04:16 PM
y dont consider toyota INNOVA?....agreed a bit higher than budget but i believe its worth it.. just my rm2 duit rayer.. :D
Yeah... I would love to add that to my list of possibilities but then again I think its way off my brother's budget...

I did a review on the Innova and it was a nice car to drive... but depending on how you tekan, it can guzzle quite a bit too. But being toyota, its reliable rite?

hmmm....

i heard another case about the high maintainence cost of the NAZA ria, and it drinks petrol like drinking water....

Originally posted by Johnny Ooi@Oct 25 2005, 04:52 PM
:D why not think about T. Estima? :aggressive: I can give u very good $
U selling yours ah?? I love the estima and the supercharger sound.... yummmm :p

Tapi my bro is in Kota Kinabalu lah.... sigh....

Originally posted by lipisbimmer@Oct 25 2005, 04:54 PM
FORTUNER... HANDSOME, NICE SPECS, GOOD PERFORMANCE...

YET IT'S A TOYOTA :wink:
which one is that? I blur for the moment.... :blink:

new model Estima no super charger :yes: im a car dealer n have i many units at my shop :D Interested?

Originally posted by Johnny Ooi@Oct 25 2005, 06:45 PM
new model Estima no super charger :yes: im a car dealer n have i many units at my shop :D Interested?
haiyoh.... that car is nice but vely the expensive one lah..... Way over the budget for my brother... B)

Thanks for the offer...I'm just scouting for him, and as I said, he is based in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.... ;)

As some of you may have noticed, i tried selling my touring subj to a decent offer whh was not forthcoming.
Therefore, instead of a lovely 2 yr old Alphard,whh i really like, i settled for a Naza Ria and will be collecting the car 2mrw afternoon.Yes, its scary, what i have read about FC but really, a rm100k+ car with DVD an seven seats as a KL runaround? its a no brainer.No concern about whether it has class or no class, its a generic , practical and affordable runabout for the driver on school runs.

Nothing can be higher than my previous jeep grand cherokee (* 13mpg)
At least, i get to keep the touring and will start some long overdue cosmetic enhancements after the raya holidays.

Finally my 12 yr old touring can rest and retire from its 120km and 5 hrs in daily traffic jam schedule.
RM 40 to 50K over the 2 to 3 yrs is just way ridiculous for the upkeep of the touring.

I will give feedback on the Naza Ria when i get it.Hopefully, FC is abt 20mpg and minimal maintenance cost for the next 50K km ( warranty period).But if it breaks apart, i will let you all know!!!!!

Originally posted by aaron@Oct 25 2005, 08:35 PM
As some of you may have noticed, i tried selling my touring subj to a decent offer whh was not forthcoming.
Therefore, instead of a lovely 2 yr old Alphard,whh i really like, i settled for a Naza Ria and will be collecting the car 2mrw afternoon.Yes, its scary, what i have read about FC but really, a rm100k+ car with DVD an seven seats as a KL runaround? its a no brainer.No concern about whether it has class or no class, its a generic , practical and affordable runabout for the driver on school runs.

Nothing can be higher than my previous jeep grand cherokee (* 13mpg)
At least, i get to keep the touring and will start some long overdue cosmetic enhancements after the raya holidays.

Finally my 12 yr old touring can rest and retire from its 120km and 5 hrs in daily traffic jam schedule.
RM 40 to 50K over the 2 to 3 yrs is just way ridiculous for the upkeep of the touring.

I will give feedback on the Naza Ria when i get it.Hopefully, FC is abt 20mpg and minimal maintenance cost for the next 50K km ( warranty period).But if it breaks apart, i will let you all know!!!!!
Glad you can still keep your touring and hope that the Ria will do right by you as a daily commute...

Good luck!

As for the others, thank you kindly for your remarks and comments. Really appreciate it !

I have sent my bro a list of possible MPVs and the pros & cons of it... He will have to make the final decision as to the one that would suit him and his family and their budget the best.

Thanks again y'all!

YOU ROCK!

Top Bottom