520D - idrive office feature

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

dark1234

Club Guest
hi all , is your i-drive office feature working ?mine seems to have contact function available , sms , calender , notes , reminder all missing.of cuz bmw apps also missingmy 520d is nov/2011and my phone are : iphone 3gs and blackberry bold 9780 ( brought this phone today for the idrive bmw office . but it does not work )was wondering the feature does not have at all .FYI bb have bluetooth message but still no joy

ya for 6NR its for APPLE apps function , the BMW office should be default and work with blackberry at least SMS / EMAIL

ya i think its my bb i got a bold 9790 so many thing dun work. or is there extra setting need to be done as currently i can only see contact.

any setting you did ?

i see bluetooth got MAP access enabled on idrive i still get only contact .
do i need BIS enterprise for this to work ?

sorry noob in BB

jovial8;696423 said:
Mine cannot make the internet even work !

blackberry if yes , you need to set the option to use "data" checkbox under bluetooth setting

dark1234;696277 said:
any setting you did ?

i see bluetooth got MAP access enabled on idrive i still get only contact .
do i need BIS enterprise for this to work ?

sorry noob in BB

no la just BIS, i didnt have to do any special settings

actually on first load it took damn long for the messages and emails to be loaded... so long that the first few times i also thought its not working, cos its unnaturally long... so perhaps you need to wait abit longer for them to appear.

Gentlemen,

I have done some extensive investigation on this idrive office feature and have the following conclusion. What appears on your idrive office depends on what Bluetooth Profile your phone supports. Here's the breakdown :

Music Streaming - A2DP profile
Address Book - PBAP (phonebook profile)
SMS/Email - MAP (Message Access Profile)
Calender/Task/Notes/Reminders - SYNCML Server profile
Internet - DUN Profile

I have personally tested all the above with different types of phones from different manufacturers and there is not a single manufacturer that supports ALL the profiles yet. From my understanding, right now there is only 1 model of blackberry that has ALL the above profiles, but i have yet to test that model. However, from my tests, i can confirm that all the office/internet features on our 520D is working .

If you guys want more details, i have posted on the following link on an Android website.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1384975

manjohari;696929 said:

confirm i am stupid , :40: .

i missed out the option under telephone-> bluetooth -> option there is a checkbox for "Office" when i enable it vioila

SMS / EMAIL does appear in my Idrive on top of contact.

now missing calender + notes / reminder which for BB need an app for that

so confirm BB bold 9790 work flawless with 520D idrive.

next lets see if i can get AB to install 6NR App without the craddle when i go for my services

dark1234;696967 said:
confirm i am stupid , :40: .

i missed out the option under telephone-> bluetooth -> option there is a checkbox for "Office" when i enable it vioila

SMS / EMAIL does appear in my Idrive on top of contact.

now missing calender + notes / reminder which for BB need an app for that

so confirm BB bold 9790 work flawless with 520D idrive.

next lets see if i can get AB to install 6NR App without the craddle when i go for my services

bro,
can u access internet using BB?

manjohari;697139 said:
bro,
can u access internet using BB?

yes i can , enable data option in bluetooth and the BB act as modem to the car, i found out using BB is more stable than iPhone 3gs as on iPhone it then to try and pray affair but with bb its 100% confirm when i start internet

dark1234;697168 said:
yes i can , enable data option in bluetooth and the BB act as modem to the car, i found out using BB is more stable than iPhone 3gs as on iPhone it then to try and pray affair but with bb its 100% confirm when i start internet

thanks.... now im considering 4S or Bold, ermm... seems BB have more features to go with

QUOTE=manjohari;697195]thanks.... now im considering 4S or Bold, ermm... seems BB have more features to go with[/QUOTE]

get both ? ;)

heres my review of the both since i got both , i think people will thin i am ah long . two handphone. both internet enabled , my wife call me crazy .
BB = ok for BBM, sms , simple email (like merc ) very business oriented

iphone = more fun machine ( like BMW )

but i actually prefer iphone email client over BB

Top Bottom