323i vs 320d performance edition

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

asamalikum

Club Guest
I have decided to buy my first beamer last week. I booked the 320d performance edition 184hp, 380nm. I changed my mind on the last minute and go with the 323i instead all because of the idrive. I feel a bit regretting and would like to switch back to 320d performance edition because of the torque and m sports package. What should I do?

I tested the 325i..it's the 320d with its balls cut off...the 323i somemore?.....all you get is the iDrive (seriously)...don't know what to say, bro. Congrats? Or so sorry?

paultantk;568970 said:
Ask to change your booking?

Bro...do you know who Paul Tan is? Malaysia's PREMIER MOTORING JOURNALIST...world-famous motor blogsite owner...www.paultan.org....
You are very lucky to get advice from him. He is one very busy man, you know. Producer of 'Driven' motorcar show also on TV8. He is telling you to change your booking. The new-specs 320d is out since September 2010 with 184hp, 380nm torque!!!! Wake up, dude!!! Stop pussyfooting...go GET IT!!! You lucky fella...my 320d came out last year...the old specs...177hp, 350nm torque...I didn't have a choice dude, U do!! Don't shoot yourself in the balls with that 323i iDrive purchase!! If you really want a ' iDrive'....get the Nissan Sylphy, now got in-dash 'Idrive' and you also save 200K!:motz::motz::motz:

Err i do drive 320d as well, in case u're interested with owner review.
Prior to 320 d, i do envy 325i acceleration and sweet engine sound. Past week i went to sapura jln t razak and they offer me to test drive the 323i.

I would say we 're impressed with the features it has such as i drive, comfort access etc.
But when it come to test drive i must say it doesn't have push factor like my 320d . Instantenously i say no thanks its a nice car but i am keeping my 320d.

Reason :
1. Very good pick up
2 good handling- msport
3 low fuel cost-i probably only afford to drive cheaper car, mazda 6 perhaps should i go for petrol. The saving of diesel fuel can pay for the car itself
4 freelander td4 have been using bmw turbodiesel since 2005 and i heard no horror story yet. I presume they are not troublesome engine

Cons
Its a diesel. So prepared for diesel noise, again only when u open the door
M sport may be too stiff for some ppl
No i drive,

Nmr Nik Soh;611509 said:
it that mean 320d better than 323i laa??

depends on what u want la. if u dont mind the taxi-like sounds of the 4 potter diesel, and no fun electronics, go ahead and buy it.

bimmerdude;613006 said:
depends on what u want la. if u dont mind the taxi-like sounds of the 4 potter diesel, and no fun electronics, go ahead and buy it.

You are again over exagerating I see, sour grapes! There's no sound at all when inside the car and it drives like a Ferrari! You see, I am very truthful and not prone to exageration at all...

what advantage to have 320d or 320i, i mean for a long term which cars can be worth between boths car?

Nmr Nik Soh;613370 said:
what advantage to have 320d or 320i, i mean for a long term which cars can be worth between boths car?

U want to live and really live your life, or you want to live but already are actually dead? if you want the former, get the 320d, that's all I can say. Ask yourself one simple question nik; after reading all the 320d owners reviews on the forums, have you found one 320d owner that regretted buying the car, and not only that , aren't they all overjoyed about their 320d? Look here- go test drive it. Don't like it, buy the 320i and we wish you Good Luck brother! And actually, if you don't buy the 320d, better for us- we can rempit our cars pass you anytime, because your 320i no competition- you know what I mean. So, next time you see a 320d approaching flashing their bixenons, you know you must move aside becuase your car underpowered and you are blocking people's way-show respect, bro!

One last analogy: If 2 houses cost almost the same ( we don't know why), one in Damansara Heights, the other in Batang Kali; houses exactly the same size, design and land size and price (maybe the D'sara Hts owner desperate and needs cash super-fast)...which want u want to buy bro? heee heee. Some people like Batang Kali, maybe they like near Genting etc....up to you bro.

The Diesel 2.0 BMW engine offer the WISH of many luxury car owner. It give you fuel eco while it have "scubby do" performance. Go for it bro!

haha.. in a 320i, those Forte 2.0, Civic 2.0 and lancer GT will come disturb and if driven by a better or gung-ho driver, he'll be all over u and u'll be so frustrated.. spending so much buying the car yet, a cheapo JDM of similar CC is all over u. Can't even out run an entry level Camry or Accord. 320d will not have this problem.. :3:

320d are all words that you have a good performance that comes with the regular engine or the engine or turbo etc. .. etc?
i feel a bit concern about maintainance..dont laugh on me bro!! ehhehehe

Nmr Nik Soh;614715 said:
320d are all words that you have a good performance that comes with the regular engine or the engine or turbo etc. .. etc?
i feel a bit concern about maintainance..dont laugh on me bro!! ehhehehe

YEA. how bout the maintenance? Im another soon-to-be 320D owner @@

Mine have been on the road for more than 14 month, clocking 19000km at the moment. No problem so far

jim2106;616112 said:
Mine have been on the road for more than 14 month, clocking 19000km at the moment. No problem so far

how about ur maintenance cost? basically wat did you spend on ur 320d?

most of the 320d are still under BSRI. We won't know the true cost of ownership at least until the 3 to 5 years mark...A good gauge would be the 2004 onwards 530D owners...anybody could shed some light here...though not a direct comparison but its the closest.

TheNemesis;616146 said:
Damn. waiting for 320d offers. cant wait to own one.

The 320d will deliver.....it punches through traffic.......like the movie 'Jumper'.

Top Bottom