320i Coming Soon

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mefor22

Club Guest
Today I just placed booking fee for 320i '08 LCI. Any1 can recommended workshop in Damansara area for checking? I found it a bit underpower.. Any member can recommend ways to improve the performance?

mefor22;791741 said:
Today I just placed booking fee for 320i '08 LCI. Any1 can recommended workshop in Damansara area for checking? I found it a bit underpower.. Any member can recommend ways to improve the performance?

Not much you can do to push more power out of it la ... Even if you remap, you will get a mere 10-15 whp or so only. Not going to feel much with 10-15whp. Maybe spend a bit to improve the handling? Is yours MSport?

As tianci said, nothing much cld b done. Its a 320. The amount you'd spend to 'improve performance'on the 320, maybe n i stess maybe cld hv actually gotten u a proper 325. Thats where the power starts.

gendong;791830 said:
As tianci said, nothing much cld b done. Its a 320. The amount you'd spend to 'improve performance'on the 320, maybe n i stess maybe cld hv actually gotten u a proper 325. Thats where the power starts.

True la ... Need to remap, whole set of pipes, intakes etc. end up spending quite a bit for not much returns. Car is 150ish hp, even if can squeeze 20% it's a mere 30 hp. Not easy to get 20% in NA form.

Thank u for respond. Now after read ur input im gonna kuku a bit liau. Im used to civic FD 2.0 and i felt 320i 'naik bukit' like trishaw lo. Mayb i just live wit it.. Gonna try K&N filter first.

Now very kan cheong for loan approve.

Tianci, mine is not Msport. Just regular LCI. Ori handling very good liau (btw, i was shocked to find out it outbeat my FD+strut bar+thicker anti-roll bar).

My next mod with be LED angel light. Got recommendation ma?

mefor22;791901 said:
Thank u for respond. Now after read ur input im gonna kuku a bit liau. Im used to civic FD 2.0 and i felt 320i 'naik bukit' like trishaw lo. Mayb i just live wit it.. Gonna try K&N filter first.

Now very kan cheong for loan approve.

Tianci, mine is not Msport. Just regular LCI. Ori handling very good liau (btw, i was shocked to find out it outbeat my FD+strut bar+thicker anti-roll bar).

My next mod with be LED angel light. Got recommendation ma?

The 320i is very slightly heavier only compared with the FD2. 0-100 is about the same. Did you drive the bimmer up Genting in drive mode or sports mode? In drive mode the accelerator is very lembap, first 50% is like nothing. That is the wat the car was set up. That may make her feel slow going up Genting compared with the FD2.

I am running a PowerBox on my car as it makes the accelerator more responsive, much better to drive.

I did not like the handling of the stock 320i, it's made for comfort so the car seems to float. But of course compared with the FD2, the 320i feels more composed. Wait till you try the MSport, if you wanna PM me, you can try the 320i MSport that I am driving. It's a courtesy car ...

I got the K&N for my 325 and frankly, did not feel much difference ... Do remember, you need to wash and re-oil the filter. As for white light, well ... I given up on mine. It eventually gave problems after a few months. So going back to standard la.

2008 years e90 is the last batch version and have 156bhp.. previous 05,06,07 is just 150bhp only.. after that.. 2009 coming out e90 new FL already..

Who say 320 not much can be done to increase power? Heard of ARMA? Easily makan 325..

Tianci, i hope ur aftermarket not meant spare parts. Hahahahah. Make me nervous only.
Astroboy - read so many article online, but not much on performance upgrade. Mostly on handling upgrade only. Hows ur 320i doing?

astroboy;792821 said:
Who say 320 not much can be done to increase power? Heard of ARMA? Easily makan 325..

Of course can. I mean even a CRZ fully modded can makan your stock M6 on a quarter mile ... Less than 10s but are we looking to spend that much? Also, ARMA has questionable quality issues. What happened in Singapore?

mefor22;792848 said:
Tianci, i hope ur aftermarket not meant spare parts. Hahahahah. Make me nervous only.
Astroboy - read so many article online, but not much on performance upgrade. Mostly on handling upgrade only. Hows ur 320i doing?

Aftermarket UPGRADES! Racun ... Ditangan kiri ku, Duit ... Ditangan kananmu

When I first got my 320, first thing to experience is to throw the car in the corners in various road and weather conditions experimeting with diffrent DSC modes.. priceless.. :4:

I agree with you astroboy. Thats the first thing im gonna do. Car delivery in on Monday... too bad I not free to bother it. Need to chuck it aside first.

Gotten my car today. Love it so much. Way better than Civic 2.0. Now there is an issue i wanted to resolve. Why my headlight shake/vibrate through uneven road? How to fix it?

mefor22;793342 said:
Gotten my car today. Love it so much. Way better than Civic 2.0. Now there is an issue i wanted to resolve. Why my headlight shake/vibrate through uneven road? How to fix it?

The car is hinting to you that it wants white angel lights la ... Hehehe ...

Top Bottom