E90 320 or 320LCI

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
BSRI in detail.. http://www.bmw.com.my/com/en/general/bmwowners/after_sales/bmw_serviceinclusive.html

Quote from above:

Benefits of BMW Service + Repair Inclusive at a glance:

- Change of engine oil (not including top-ups).
- Service / replacement of air filters, microfilters, spark plugs, brake fluid.
- Brake pads, front and rear.
- Brake disc, front and rear.
- Clutch (worn only)
- Windscreen wiper blades as part of routine maintenance.
- Vehicle check and standard services as set out in BMW service booklet in owner’s documentation (chapter : Maintenance summary, Vehicle check)
- Repairs beyond warranty covered during programme period. (???)
- Valid at any BMW Authorised Service Workshop, provided it is still within the 3-year validity period, or 60,000km.
- Transferable to your car's next owner, provided it is still within the 3-year validity period, or 60,000 km.

As for the warranty, please refer to your greenish color "WARRANTY REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE" with the lower portion teared off and submitted to BMW Malaysia for warranty registration with the commencement date clearly mentioned on the upper portion (client copy) of the certificate for you safe keeping. The same certificate also state the termination date and end kilometers for the BSRI which mine was stated as "N/A" for both !!! :eek: (just notice.. OMG!!)

At the back of the Warranty certificate, it mentions:

"BMW warrants that a BMW/MINI vehicle will be free from defects in material and workmanship in accordance with the technological standards applicable at the time of manufacture for 24 (TWENTY FOUR) months form the date of first registration of the vehicle."

Warranty and BMW Service & Repair Inclusive (BSRI) are 2 different things.

Take it from me warranty is 2 years unlimited mileage.

BSRI is 3 yrs or 60,000km whichever comes first.

For BSRI, they will follow the computer very strictly on service intervals and parts replacement. Mine is 19,000 km and the computer says there's 8K more to go. I am a little too concerned and so I made an appointment to service the car and was told it will be at my cost.

Bro Schwepps I dont agree with you on on the resale value of an 07 and 08. I'm letting go of my E46 and the dealer offered 10K less when the Date of Manufacture and Date of Regn was discovered to be one year earlier despite the fact that my specs is for the later model. Mine was an early example of the later spec.

saat;431267 said:

That's what I thought too.

I too find that the SAs have no choice but to follow the printout from your key-fob. The benefit of non-computerized service decisions is that it's based on the human judgement of the SA.

You're probably right about the difference in resale value. But our friend said that the sales price difference is only RM5K, which is strange and would mean a resale value difference of even less. So what I was trying to say is to look at other factors of the 2 cars: features, condition, no of km left to 60,000km, etc.

so this means if you want to change your oil every 10k, you will hv to do it at your own cost.... Do you do it an authorized dealer or do you go outside to do it ?

ebby37;431281 said:
so this means if you want to change your oil every 10k, you will hv to do it at your own cost.... Do you do it an authorized dealer or do you go outside to do it ?

Yes if you choose to do any maintenance outside of or additional to the terms and conditions of the BSRI package, it will be at your own cost. Or putting it another way, the BSRI will only cover any maintenance done by an authorised service center in accordance with the T&C.

But the question is more serious. Work done by an unauthorised party will cause the warranty to void.

yes.. thats what i was coming around to asking... so if u want to do an oil change, then s it better to go to a authorized dealer ?
How much would an oil change in an authorized dealer come to ?

I think the cost of an oil change by an authorised dealer is moot and indeterminable because of the many variables.

It would cost me nothing cos I'm on BSRI. If your vehicle have never been in the BMW maintenance regime, then it may cost your more because of the need to perform additional inspection before they accept your car for maintenance. I dare say that the cost of nothing more than an "oil change" would be no more costlier than any other external service center. Of course, an external SC may be able to source their oils "cheaper" and the cost of labor may be lower.

ebby37, I just did an oil change at 12k at an authorised dealer. 6.5l of Syntium 3000 at RM95/l, oil filter at RM66, labour at RM65. Total inclusive service tax, RM752.

There's no harm in changing the oil yourself or outside, but use an original BMW oil filter and best to use the same oil all the time.

BTW, a senior guy I spoke to at the dealership agreed that leaving the oil change for 25k under the BSRI, or more than a year in my case, is putting the engine at risk of sludging. So is not driving the car very much, or always at low revs. ;)

Thanks for all the inputs, I'm through with the definition of BSRI and Warranty by BMW.
I was real close to paying deposit for the 07/08 model, however the color are not to our liking, Monaco Blue, no offense to those having this color.

Another question: I've seen this blog and now keen to explore more on the A4 B8 model. http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/840820.Any comment?

Boy, you sure change your mind so easily.

So it was not a straight forward choice as per the title, after all.

FYI I have a Monaco Blue which is almost black. I think it is easier to maintain and will be easier to sell later.

saat;431267 said:
Warranty and BMW Service & Repair Inclusive (BSRI) are 2 different things.

BSRI is 3 yrs or 60,000km whichever comes first.

Absolutely CORRECT :top:

Go for the 2008 model for a mere RM5k extra....you get one year additional warranty and better resale value. Enjoy the car

guys, don't give up on me yet. BMW is still the dream car and i don't think it can be replace that easily. i just like to see things from different angles, especially view from those already realized the dream. does it look as pretty as before. i know at the end of the day, one should always go with the heart and not the head.

Anyway, thanks for your sharing so far, it helps a lot.

Safri, both cars has the similar registration date, only manufacturing date are differ by year.

thunderbird;431665 said:
guys, don't give up on me yet. BMW is still the dream car and i don't think it can be replace that easily. i just like to see things from different angles, especially view from those already realized the dream. does it look as pretty as before. i know at the end of the day, one should always go with the heart and not the head.

Safri, both cars has the similar registration date, only manufacturing date are differ by year.

Trust us. Stump the 5K for a later model year. Of course you need to see mileage. Its YoM not YoR that important, cos it will determine specs.

Another big time regret case looming. When you feel embarrassed to be seen driving the A4 or Honda Accord, come and see me and I'll say "I TOLD YOU SO".

Anyway, compare the pricing bet the A4 and the 320

thunderbird;431665 said:

YoM is an important criterion bro...worth paying the rm5k.

Finally, coming to the moment of truth, i need to decide by tomorrow morning if i'm going for 1) 09/09 320i LCI, mileage

The 08 car cannot be a pre-reg model, it must be pre-owned.
If money is not an issue, get the 09 model, better value and longer warranty

Top Bottom