X6 Diesel Recond

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

selvahraje46

Club Guest
Planning to get a recond X6 3.0D UK or Jap spec, probably year 2009 or 2010. Been hearing some negative feedback on the diesel. Anyone with bad experience before? Also, any good grey importer to suggest? Thanks in advance...

I have yet to get any satisfactory answer wrt issue. Obviously all the salesman are pushing the notions that so far nil issues encountered but I would like to make an argument considering the case with merc cdi engines. Even BMW had to do some mod to their diesel range and extensive testing to see it suit the Euro 5 compliant engine to be compatible with our euro 2m diesel. I suggest the safest route would be the petrol choice.

Majority of x6 recon offering are diesel because they are sourced from UK and there as u know diesel cars are pretty popular compared to petrol. Almost more than half of cars sold there are diesel due to economy it offered.

selvahraje46;784298 said:
Planning to get a recond X6 3.0D UK or Jap spec, probably year 2009 or 2010. Been hearing some negative feedback on the diesel. Anyone with bad experience before? Also, any good grey importer to suggest? Thanks in advance...

yes, please buy, My doctor friend has a 2009 model, direct from UK. dun buy the japan version. parts issue.

he has it for 2.5 years, no problem, just make sure the right diesel oil change n a good mechanic that knows what he is doing. The diesel he uses is Esso. There is also a diesel particle filter that need to be change or omitted for our diesel compatibility here.

pussy;785926 said:
yes, please buy, My doctor friend has a 2009 model, direct from UK. dun buy the japan version. parts issue.

he has it for 2.5 years, no problem, just make sure the right diesel oil change n a good mechanic that knows what he is doing. The diesel he uses is Esso. There is also a diesel particle filter that need to be change or omitted for our diesel compatibility here.

your doctor friend also 30D uk spec? is it underpower?

Maybe 35d or 40d a better choice? I heard the 30d is underpowered for the X6.

Wa.. bro .. diam diam ubi berisi .. Good good, buy . at least poor man like me can tumpang syiok .

x50i;785865 said:
I have yet to get any satisfactory answer wrt issue. Obviously all the salesman are pushing the notions that so far nil issues encountered but I would like to make an argument considering the case with merc cdi engines. Even BMW had to do some mod to their diesel range and extensive testing to see it suit the Euro 5 compliant engine to be compatible with our euro 2m diesel. I suggest the safest route would be the petrol choice.

Majority of x6 recon offering are diesel because they are sourced from UK and there as u know diesel cars are pretty popular compared to petrol. Almost more than half of cars sold there are diesel due to economy it offered.

The diesel engines used here are Euro4 but modded to suit Euro 3 fuel. In Malaysia our diesel is Euro2M, difference is 350ppm versus 500ppm sulphur content.

pussy;785926 said:

Not only is the local diesel cars have the particle filter omitted but the piezo injector pressure is lowered by 10%~1800 bar

Fadhlan;800042 said:
Maybe 35d or 40d a better choice? I heard the 30d is underpowered for the X6.

30d is more than powerful enough, try the X5 3.0d. When we did the launch 4 years ago, many thought it was the 4.8 V8 underneath the bonnet. Needless to say, all 8 units used during the launch were all sold :)

I wouldn't advise you to get a 3.0D. There are many of these cars stucked at workshops especially at East Malaysia where 4WD is popular and no one seemed to be able to do anything about it. BHP's petrol is now Euro 4 compliant (base is from Singapore as reported), not too sure about their diesel.

Cheers

ALBundy;800594 said:
The diesel engines used here are Euro4 but modded to suit Euro 3 fuel. In Malaysia our diesel is Euro2M, difference is 350ppm versus 500ppm sulphur content.

Not only is the local diesel cars have the particle filter omitted but the piezo injector pressure is lowered by 10%~1800 bar

30d is more than powerful enough, try the X5 3.0d. When we did the launch 4 years ago, many thought it was the 4.8 V8 underneath the bonnet. Needless to say, all 8 units used during the launch were all sold :)

I wouldn't advise you to get a 3.0D. There are many of these cars stucked at workshops especially at East Malaysia where 4WD is popular and no one seemed to be able to do anything about it. BHP's petrol is now Euro 4 compliant (base is from Singapore as reported), not too sure about their diesel.

Cheers

Means X6 30D got problem? cannot buy?

Grey diesel cars are not acclimatised to our local diesel, and hence you "may" encounter problems. Removing the particle filter may not solve the problem entirely.

Thanks for the advise Mr Albundy. I m currently window shopping for the -x6 30d from Uk and I'm really attracted by the car and the price tag 300k ++ It's get me a bit worry with your comments that most of these cars may or may not function well in local condition. Do you really think it is a big risk to a car of this nature ? Many peoples have some form of bad experience with recon continental cars. Fixing a big expensive cars like x6 is no joke. I m keen to listen from the expert advise here . Cheers !

ALBundy said:
The diesel engines used here are Euro4 but modded to suit Euro 3 fuel. In Malaysia our diesel is Euro2M, difference is 350ppm versus 500ppm sulphur content. Not only is the local diesel cars have the particle filter omitted but the piezo injector pressure is lowered by 10%~1800 bar 30d is more than powerful enough, try the X5 3.0d. When we did the launch 4 years ago, many thought it was the 4.8 V8 underneath the bonnet. Needless to say, all 8 units used during the launch were all sold :) I wouldn't advise you to get a 3.0D. There are many of these cars stucked at workshops especially at East Malaysia where 4WD is popular and no one seemed to be able to do anything about it. BHP's petrol is now Euro 4 compliant (base is from Singapore as reported), not too sure about their diesel. Cheers
Bro, here do you mean 3.0 Litre Diesel or the x6 30D? Im getting a x6 40D would it have the same problem? I received mixed review on the good and bad of x6 here...

Top Bottom