530i jap spec/ uk spec

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I was told to becareful with UK spec cars. Please check the undercarriage of the car for rust if you are buying a UK spec. Reason being that salt is being poured on the streets during winter to prevent the water on the streets from freezing, while driving, salt may get onto the car and eventually cause rust where rustproofing is not treated.

any update?thinking of buying e60 UK spec..izit berbaloi or just choose Japan spec..

There are pro and cons to both UK and Japanese cars.

UK cars
Pro
1- Plug and Play, no issue with radio freq
2- Cheaper than its Japanese counterparts, like for like basis
3- Basic, plus point that is less of expensive things to go wrong
4- Lotsa choices, can even get 530D
5- Can even order one from UK if you know people
6- If you have cash, get it from student importers. Cheaper that way.

Cons
1- Usually less taken care of
2- MPH but it has KMH in the middle
3- Might be fleet vehicles, a lot of companies in the UK use e60 as company cars

Japanese cars
Pro
1- Usually pretty
2- Can find 520i if you try hard enough in searching
3- Low mileage
4- Usually kitted to the extreme apart from reverse sensors (Japanese thing, they hate reverse sensors for some reason)

Cons
1- Japanese letters everywhere
2- Radio freq not compatible with M'sia
3- Plenty of town driving, so please replace g/box oil as soon as you get the car.
4- On advise from a grey importers in the UK, apparently Japanese cars are not properly taken care off.

My personal advise is get the Uk model but do shop around. You may find a decent Japanese model. I would stay away from a used CKD models. Malaysian made? No, thanks.

Hi..

I just got my dream 525 M Sports .. 2 days ago
UK Spec, M Sports, Silver Colour, New Lamp Front and Rear, 19' Non RFT
RM225K ... cheaper 20K from Japan specs

U must know why uk spec cheaper so much compared to japan spec... Anyway which year ur car made ??

UK cheaper than its Japanese counterparts because the cars cheaper in the UK than in Japan, so lower cost. It is also cheaper to transport and there is plenty of AP importers based in the UK.

225k, should be 2005/2006

typically UK cars have undercarriage rust issues. That happened to my E39 UK spec car before I changed to an E60 Jap Spec. Yes, I do carry the radio issues with the Jap spec but the quality inside out is much more superior that a UK spec car, IN GENERAL though. If you find a nice specimen from a UK spec, go ahead. Less headache but hard to find.

This is what my E60 undercarriage looks like as an example:
View attachment 17649View attachment 17650

Bedok;584656 said:
UK cheaper than its Japanese counterparts because the cars cheaper in the UK than in Japan, so lower cost. It is also cheaper to transport and there is plenty of AP importers based in the UK.

225k, should be 2005/2006

yup .. i know about the rust issue .. based on VIN check 20-11-2006

MSport 530 or 525???

Hi guys,

I'm also looking for either used or recond E60, but still can't decide either go for 530 MSport or 525 MSport, reasons being;

1) Browsing in the forum & Mudah, in some cases, 530 is cheaper than 525. Is it due to 525 is more in demand & more reliable than 530?

2) A friend advise to get double vanos engine, instead of magnesium engine, as the 1st one produced a better & sweet vroom sound & more reliable? is it true?

3) Will the maintenance cost for 530 a lot more expensive than 525? I'm biased to power, but worry abt reliability as compare to 525. Or are they the same?

Been driving Ford Focus for 9 years & C230K Coupe for ~2 years, so not really new to Conti, but this gonna be my 1st Bimmer, so it could be a totally different beast than Focus & Merc... :smokin:

Thanks a lot for yr replies/advice, really appreciate that... and can't really wait for my E60 :rock:

ashabmy;585419 said:
Hi guys,

I'm also looking for either used or recond E60, but still can't decide either go for 530 MSport or 525 MSport, reasons being;

1) Browsing in the forum & Mudah, in some cases, 530 is cheaper than 525. Is it due to 525 is more in demand & more reliable than 530?

2) A friend advise to get double vanos engine, instead of magnesium engine, as the 1st one produced a better & sweet vroom sound & more reliable? is it true?

3) Will the maintenance cost for 530 a lot more expensive than 525? I'm biased to power, but worry abt reliability as compare to 525. Or are they the same?

Been driving Ford Focus for 9 years & C230K Coupe for ~2 years, so not really new to Conti, but this gonna be my 1st Bimmer, so it could be a totally different beast than Focus & Merc... :smokin:

Thanks a lot for yr replies/advice, really appreciate that... and can't really wait for my E60 :rock:

My neighbour is selling his E60 525i for RM135k, but sadly have to buy cash bcoz using his son's AP. Unregistered yet. Do pm me for more details. This is not commercial posting but just helping both parties ya :D

ashabmy;585419 said:
Hi guys,

There's no truth in saying 530 is more reliable compared with 525 as there is no reported cases of major factory defaults in either models except for the mag alloy engines (N type) which is probably a bit of a pain in the ar$e for some as it is proven to have problems in countries with tropical weather.

If i'm not wrong the difference in maintenance cost for a 530 and 525 is small, if any...

The vroom factor of course is higher for the 530...but your decision between mag alloy (N type) and steel (M type) blocks shall not be based on vroom factor, it should be based on inconvenience to top up engine oil...

:)

YaZmEeN;588055 said:
My neighbour is selling his E60 525i for RM135k, but sadly have to buy cash bcoz using his son's AP. Unregistered yet. Do pm me for more details. This is not commercial posting but just helping both parties ya :D

Bro,
I wish I hv that much of cash :-( btw, thanks for the info!

Peter Sauber;588159 said:
There's no truth in saying 530 is more reliable compared with 525 as there is no reported cases of major factory defaults in either models except for the mag alloy engines (N type) which is probably a bit of a pain in the ar$e for some as it is proven to have problems in countries with tropical weather.

If i'm not wrong the difference in maintenance cost for a 530 and 525 is small, if any...

The vroom factor of course is higher for the 530...but your decision between mag alloy (N type) and steel (M type) blocks shall not be based on vroom factor, it should be based on inconvenience to top up engine oil...

:)

Thanks a lot for the useful info bro... looks like i'm more towards 530i double vanos... seen 530i M-Sport used can go as low as RM180K, very tempting. Somemore, my brother-in-law alrdy pushed me hard to hand over my Focus to him, but I still want to get the best used 530i M-Sport... still hunting, most probably by Jan-2011

anyone knows history abt this nice 530i?
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...070-bmw-530i-original-m-sport-japan-spec.html

YaZmEeN;588055 said:

What year bro? Spec? MSport or not?

Ashabmy,

Bro, take the 530i man (if road tax and fuel is not a major factor for you...). The feeling when you step on the gas pedal and the vroom factor, just amazing.
i have tried the 525 also, the hp and torque is of course still there, and maybe enough for some..but once you have tested the 3.0ltr,you wont turnback..this is from my experience of owning the 530.. My only regret, is not buying the M-sport version because that time, still very expensive >rm200k. With m-sport, you got the bodykit (nice....), better support seat, nice m-sport steering, firmer suspension and of course the M-sport rim too...

But now, looking at the advert you post, the 170k ++ is a stealer man, some more year 2005! My advise, grab it man !!

p/s Of course, please do a background check on the car first lorr (vin,ap,etc, etc..)

Top Bottom